Author Topic: Guinness World Pinball Record  (Read 416 times)

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Guinness World Pinball Record
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »

Just looking at a book my son got for Christmas and found out their is a rocord for playing pinball in Australia, anyone no this bloke or do you think you could better that time.Would love to no the can and can not to qualify, and can i pick the machine to play as well.

Guinness World Records Book 2009
Alessandro Parisi played pinball for 28 houris at the westland shopping centre in Whyalla on the 22-23 Jan 07
looks like he played LOTR

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:34:08 PM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Guinness World Pinball Record
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »
The background to this story (I know Alex well), was he wanted to try out a new Stern game (he's a classic Gottlieb guy normally - excellent taste), and had an afternoon to kill. He found the LOTR and set about his first ever game on it.

28 Hours later and still on ball one (admittedly there were several extra balls awarded during the first ball, so he had in fact drained quite a few), his wife turned up having tracked him on his phone GPS (he had not answered any calls obviously), took him by the ear and dragged him out. I missed the actual exit as I was having a snooze on one of the park benches (I find LOTR pretty boring, and 28 hours of it mind-numbing). It was pretty funny apparently, the guy's like six foot four and his wife was on her tippy toes to grab the top of his ear.

Yep, those Stern long ball times can have unexpected consequences.  ;)

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »

28 hours seems like a long time - was it ONE ball ?

Sounds like an achievable record...
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:06 AM »
The background to this story (I know Alex well), was he wanted to try out a new Stern game (he's a classic Gottlieb guy normally - excellent taste), and had an afternoon to kill. He found the LOTR and set about his first ever game on it.

28 Hours later and still on ball one (admittedly there were several extra balls awarded during the first ball, so he had in fact drained quite a few), his wife turned up having tracked him on his phone GPS (he had not answered any calls obviously), took him by the ear and dragged him out. I missed the actual exit as I was having a snooze on one of the park benches (I find LOTR pretty boring, and 28 hours of it mind-numbing). It was pretty funny apparently, the guy's like six foot four and his wife was on her tippy toes to grab the top of his ear.

Yep, those Stern long ball times can have unexpected consequences.  ;)

I heard he was having such a great game that he couldn't stop for a toilet break incase the loitering kids took his spot.

Another drama were the, approximately, 50, dollar coins stacked across the lockdown bar for dibs on the next game.  This almost had Alex come unstuck several times as he could hardly see the flippers by the time he had finished.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
I heard he was having such a great game that he couldn't stop for a toilet break incase the loitering kids took his spot.

Another drama were the, approximately, 50, dollar coins stacked across the lockdown bar for dibs on the next game.  This almost had Alex come unstuck several times as he could hardly see the flippers by the time he had finished.

I think the loitering kids were in fact after all those $1.00 coins, not his spot on the game.

Damn you Matt - thanks for reminding me about the toilet part - not!. I had (like all post-traumatic situations) forgotten about that. Imagine having to help a guy attach a catheter while he's holding the ball with a flipper?

I was worried about the flipper over heating in traditional LOTR fashion.  ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
 *)*