Author Topic: Pinballs R Us and Mr Cardini meet all in one day...yipppeee  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Great read.
Looks like next years Expo afterparty will be held here. Reserve me a tall glass of Coke & Bacardi 151 (with ice).

Received the book today Tony - thanks again.
Your collection makes me wanna buy an EM game and listen to Roy Orbison's "Penny Arcade" all day long.

SC.
SC.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Great stuff  ^^^

Offline shamus

• Forum Posts:
  • wollongong
WOW !!! great pics & nice em machinery there. eye of the tiger (sinbad ss ) must be rarer than rocking horse shit.whats with watto & mick looking like two stunned mullet !. obviously a beaut day. nice one pins r us.  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

That "Fonz" game is a Bally "Nip-It" - and absolute ripper of a machine. It has "zipper flippers" and the ball capture under the crocodile. Unfortunately, these ball capture assemblies developed problems on route, and were often removed. I might even have an assembly in storage, as we owned 2 "Nip It"s, and I WISH we still had one !

Never heard of the ball capture in this title? I'll have to do and search and learn more about this feature.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

That "Fonz" game is a Bally "Nip-It" - and absolute ripper of a machine. It has "zipper flippers" and the ball capture under the crocodile. Unfortunately, these ball capture assemblies developed problems on route, and were often removed. I might even have an assembly in storage, as we owned 2 "Nip It"s, and I WISH we still had one !

Never heard of the ball capture in this title? I'll have to do and search and learn more about this feature.

Peter

Straight from the IPDB

"A ball-grabbing device in the upper right playfield, called a 'Balligator', is activated by a 'Gator' button, located next to the right flipper  button, to pull the ball into a special high-scoring lane. As the flyer illustrates, the game was initially produced using a molded alligator to jump out from under the swamp reeds to capture a nearby ball. However, the plastic alligator kept breaking on location, so this design was changed early in production to instead use a bare metal bar to grab the ball, while the swamp reeds lane plastic was redesigned to show the alligator. Only a minority of games produced have the original Balligator design."

A VERY sought after Bally. I remember playing it when I was younger, and I WISH we kept it.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Micksamusements

• Forum Posts:
What an awesome set up ^^^ Thanks for posting, I am sure they will do well.

Man cave for hire - what a great idea *%*

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Forget Pinballs R Us. Andrew's EM collection is far more impressive!!!
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.