Author Topic: White Water Head Box Colour ( Which Blue )???  (Read 493 times)

Offline madness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
White Water Head Box Colour ( Which Blue )???
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »
Any WW owners out there or peoples who know what colour Blue the Back Box is painted in??? And where i might be able to get the exact or very close colour from???

Thanx in advance,

Cheers

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: White Water Head Box Colour ( Which Blue )???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »
I think probably the best way to match it would be to get a sample from your machine and take it into somewhere like Bunnings and see if they can scan it and match it.

Pinball Universe http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm actually have THE paint, pretty sure they bought the formulas but they won't give out the details nor can they ship a tin of paint internationally. 

One last option is http://www.pinballpal.com/colors although I am not sure anyone ever got it spot on and whether the formulas can be deciphered here in Oz. 

Let us know how you go though, I need some myself.  As you can see I did look into it but that is as far as I got.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
I went to Bunnings when I did mine - I took a HEAP of colour swatches and found one that matched the WH20 paint very closely and had them mix me up a sample pot for about $5.00
I bought a NICE quality small roller ( fine feel/finish - not a big lumpy texture on the padding ) and it came up nice.....here is a couple of my web pages that show the cabinet and backbox.

http://home.kooee.com.au/brainsnap/wh20.htm

http://home.kooee.com.au/brainsnap/wh20cabinet.htm

DW Drums rule !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
Can you remember the name of the colour Wotto?

Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:33 PM »
Can you remember the name of the colour Wotto?

:lol :lol - you know mate - I KNEW I would get asked  :lol :lol
I even went for a search in my WH20 folder before posting the reply in case I had kept the colour swatch, and I hadnt kept it  ^&^

At the time I grabbed every colour swatch that I thought was close - the staff thought I was mad I am sure.
In the end it turned out that it is more of a purple/blue than you would imagine.

I might even have the paint left - I can check that tomorrow if you want me too  *!@
DW Drums rule !

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
I might even have the paint left - I can check that tomorrow if you want me too  *!@

Be great if you could check. I'm interested in getting hold of some too.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 06:07:41 AM »
Thanks for the tips,

I,m redecalling mine so i think i will tear a small piece of wood of the top and take it to bunnings for a colour match,

Cheers

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »
If you are re-decalling, it might be worth taking one of the decals in to try to match the blue to the colour of the decal.  The existing blue on the machine may be different due to 18 years of fade and dirt??????  At least that way you should get the backbox close to the decal.

Addicted to pins.

Offline madness

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
If you are re-decalling, it might be worth taking one of the decals in to try to match the blue to the colour of the decal.  The existing blue on the machine may be different due to 18 years of fade and dirt??????  At least that way you should get the backbox close to the decal.

Good thought,

I may just do that.

Thanks mate

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »

we take them to out local paint shop , they used to laugh at us with pins on the ute as we asked for colour matches !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

we take them to out local paint shop , they used to laugh at us with pins on the ute as we asked for colour matches !
until they worked out your making more money then them. !@#  @@*
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »

This is what I've also done in the past...I now only use automotive 2k paint for a nice finish, but difficult if you don't have a compressor and all the safety equipment.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
Found it !

I used Taubmans "Deeply Blue" ( or so the label says )

The other info from the label is exactly as follows....

DEEPLY BLUE - TD61-8
Taubmans 1995 FD \ . \ Hi Chroma
Base Hi-C BLUE
M          OY                36N

It isnt 100% spot on but man it is VERY VERY close for an off the shelf mix - probably a 95% match to my original cab.

Now - the only thing I MIGHT try differently is getting it in a semi gloss if possible ( mine is matt ).

Also - if you guys want me to try and fine a tiny little pot I could send it to one of you so you could samle it and them send it on to the next person ?

LMK

DW Drums rule !

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

...Also - if you guys want me to try and fine a tiny little pot I could send it to one of you so you could samle it and them send it on to the next person ?

LMK

I wouldn't mind a little pot if you can find some  ():lol

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 02:42:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind a little pot if you can find some  ():lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
DW Drums rule !