Author Topic: Funland Ulladulla  (Read 305 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Funland Ulladulla
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
Just got back from visiting the oldies at Ulladulla , no visit to Ulladulla is complete without taking the kids to Funland the only two pins on site were a very poorly maintained Demolition man and a broken Williams Comet , i played a few games on the Demo man upper flipper didnt work playfield looked like a baked dinner had been spilt on it absolutely filthy and although the machine apron card said 5 balls you only got 3.
I questioned the owner on the pinnies popularity and to my surprise he said that they were very popular and he would like a few more in the centre and that his biggest problem was that no one in the area could fix them. He said he had another pinnie out back that continually gave free games not sure what the game was he indicated that the local guy had no idea what was wrong with it.
When you see machines that dirty and you can see the playfields wearing away it pisses you off.
Anyway anyone that lives in that area and fixes pinnies might be able to pick up a bit of work.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Re: Funland Ulladulla
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
Went there for holidays last year and found much the same.
When you move beyond pinnies, the broken arcade machines (in the school holidays / peak season) suggest 30% broken were unbelievable.
I thought the same about work opportunity but after working for a year and just wanting to have a game with the kids, it was unfortunate.

J.D.   !@# !@#  !*!  !*!

There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »
Man, my parents were cool enough to take me there when I was young. They would have been bored shitless while I was in HEAVEN playing rows of pins and arcade machines. I always think of it as a privelidge to be there. What a shame it has become nothing.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline yourdreamin

• Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »
its unfortunate these days people blame the operator but when you have little shits that have no respect for machines placed there for their enjoyment all they want to do is smash and destroy( to many redemption machine crap)so the operators get sick of repairing and resign them selves to the back room as to why bother its only going to be broken again -$$$$$
that leaves us old school people blaming the wrong people----- dammm youth---- whats wrong with kids these days, didnt use to be like that when i was growing up :D

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
I blame Hollywood. Designed to manipulate and destroy our minds. Life nowadays is not a natural progression.

Any arguments??

We ALL have the net now as a tool. RESEARCH IT.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:31:32 PM by braddo »
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
its unfortunate these days people blame the operator but when you have little shits that have no respect for machines placed there for their enjoyment all they want to do is smash and destroy( to many redemption machine crap)so the operators get sick of repairing and resign them selves to the back room as to why bother its only going to be broken again -$$$$$
that leaves us old school people blaming the wrong people----- dammm youth---- whats wrong with kids these days, didnt use to be like that when i was growing up :D
No excuses for not cleaning the playfields but i do agree kids today in general dont show the machines the respect they should