Author Topic: Pinball .. gotta be one of the best games ever invented .. discuss  (Read 522 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Just had 16 games on Firepower .
Game 2 , Ball 1 , 5x bonus + multiball .. 440,000  .. then tanked and only got 584,000 total (3 ball game)

Every time I play any of my machines I love every second of play .. the thrill, the frustration of that missed shot or that stupid mistake .. just like I did when I 1st played one some 35 years ago .

What other game can you play 16 times (or more) in a row and not start to get bored with it ? 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Paragon.

I can easily play 20 games in one night and then "look forward" to playing it the next night. No other machine has this attraction. I cannot be "bored" by this title, and I've rarely been beaten by anyone on this game. Sometimes I play four players at once and each player has a different method of achieving bonus - Player 1 objective is the "in line" targets in the "Valley of the Demons", Player 2 "Golden Cliffs", Player 3 spots "P-A-R-A-G-O-N" and Player 4 knocks the three targets advancing to special. Different strategies for each player. That's probably why no one beats me - I know how to win on this title. Each ball demands concentration as this is my favorite machine and I really become competitive. I can walk up to the game setting a score of 450,000 as my goal - it really sets me off in a "zone".

No other machine has demanded my attention as much as Paragon. It is definitely an "escape" for me.  Even the "end game" music - as simple as it is - is great to hear as it means I can start my next game.

This machine has no peer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
QUOTE..

and I've rarely been beaten by anyone on this game

Thats cos he takes the wire forms off the gates so the ball drains straight between the flippers..

Yeh... wise to you pal  &&

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
QUOTE..

and I've rarely been beaten by anyone on this game

Thats cos he takes the wire forms off the gates so the ball drains straight between the flippers..

Yeh... wise to you pal  &&

Damn - the secret is out !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great post!

I agree, and I suspect that's why many of us love the game of pinball. Aside from those few who are just natural or learned players, for some of us approaching a game has you wondering what new clever way it will manage to sling the ball to cause a drain!

It never ceases to amaze me that this game that has a dozen square feet of playfield, on a very slight 6 or 7 degree slope and only about four inches to let the ball out, can still see me with the ball drained without a shot sometimes!! It's the exact opposite on a pool table, and they have six holes and no slope  and I can't **get** the ball in them half the time!

Yes, pinball, a great game.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
Pinball is a great game  after a days work in my shed i can play all the games and soon forget the days stress

Its good that no games are the same and they all have there challenges  and sounds when mates come over its great to here all the sounds going at once    ,it reminds them of pin parlous which they all  loved and the menories of there younger days come back     now thats preety cool   and     Paragon   what a classic game  its got the lot @@*     

Howzat

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
It's funny paragon is on my wish list but or never even played one must have a game one day.

I'm not a big player but I tend to find myself playing a game on Cftbl and jungle princess saying jut one more game.    And since repairing rfm I can't walk past it without having a game.

Pinball machines Are awsome no two games on the same machine are ever the same unlike most other games

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Pinball is a great game  after a days work in my shed i can play all the games and soon forget the days stress

Its good that no games are the same and they all have there challenges  and sounds when mates come over its great to here all the sounds going at once    ,it reminds them of pin parlous which they all  loved and the menories of there younger days come back     now thats preety cool   and     Paragon   what a classic game  its got the lot @@*     

Howzat
Your post is spot on,+1 from me. @@*.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Pinball definitely has both the 'one more game' and the replayability factor.

I think this is partly due to the inherent randomness of the game, and also because you can always challenge your own high score to date.

And if you just want a quick bash, you can do that too.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Of course I love playing pinball but there is one thing i love the most is moment when you first buy or see a pin that you haven't played or seen since your teenage years or early 20's.
Those first few moments when you look over a playfield that you haven't seen in years.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Of course I love playing pinball but there is one thing i love the most is moment when you first buy or see a pin that you haven't played or seen since your teenage years or early 20's.
Those first few moments when you look over a playfield that you haven't seen in years.

+1, that is a great feeling. I still remember my first game, Time Warp from the fond memories of skipping classes to play pins. All the bits that were immediately familiar, all the bits I'd forgotten but soon recalled.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
What amazes me about a pinball is that some days you walk up and the pin will go off and on other day's no matter how hard you try it will just keep on draining! This will also happen with multiple players. ^&^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
What amazes me about a pinball is that some days you walk up and the pin will go off and on other day's no matter how hard you try it will just keep on draining! This will also happen with multiple players. ^&^

Yep! Drives me friggen insane, some days you just cannot win, better to give up or smash a heap of beers then come back (and kick its ass)  ^&^

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW

Yeah .. its like they have a mind/mood of their own
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
I haven't had time to play pinball for about 2 weeks. Just had a great blast on Flash, was thinking about maybe moving it on for something else but I've changed my mind, I swear it knows what i'm thinking, what a bloody great machine.

Is it just me or does pinball keep getting better and better?
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI