Author Topic: Anybody buying the new AVATAR LE here?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: Anybody buying the new AVATAR LE here?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »
5 LE's landed today for our Xmas party at Joes(Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire) our local Stern Dealer,we did get to unbox one #35 for a local member here,sorry no pics that I know of.Out of the five that made it to Joe's 2 of them are the signed playfield version numbers 6 and 24 which makes them pretty special considering only the first 25 where autographed and a credit to AMD for securing them for Australia ^^^
The other 2 are 36 and 38
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:08:45 AM by RatBag »

Offline Pinprick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
Yeah, got to see it unpacked & in action. It really lives up to expectations & then some. Stern have pulled another one out of the hat with this effort.
My only gripe is that I got in the "far queue"  !!! & missed out on a game before Santa boxed it up again.
A certain party did shove in and let us watch him trying to play - very big of him. Or a very big him  <.>

PS big thanks to Joe & Angela for putting on a great Xmas spread, we all had a (pin)ball!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:14:15 PM by Maxwiz »
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 01:36:37 AM »
Just set mine up tonight, all in top nick and what a top game, very underated IMO
Only had one small chip on backbox chrome border, but overall very happy, heaps of clearcoat this time!
Disappointed with tight arse manual but suprised they added the tournament sign and button.
No 155 of 250
Overall Stern has a done a top job!

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
Just set mine up tonight, all in top nick and what a top game, very underated IMO
Only had one small chip on backbox chrome border, but overall very happy, heaps of clearcoat this time!
Disappointed with tight arse manual but suprised they added the tournament sign and button.
No 155 of 250
Overall Stern has a done a top job!
nice one, any pics of the stern collection?

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
Max,
Dont' worry you can come over and play at my place, game is home and set up and will have a get together after New Year.

Avatar LE is an awesome effort from Stern mods are a significant quality upgrade from the normal game. The game looks great beside my Spiderman Black.

Chris

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »
well done guys on some great purchases !

a new LE Avatar for xmas, it doesnt get any better than that !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »
Just added some some flipper button protectors, magnet protector, ramp drop area protection, waxed and polished and put 10 games in. Overall verdict its up there with SM and LOTR.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:09 AM »
5 LE's landed today for our Xmas party at Joes(Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire) our local Stern Dealer,we did get to unbox one #35 for a local member here,sorry no pics that I know of.Out of the five that made it to Joe's 2 of them are the signed playfield version numbers 6 and 24 which makes them pretty special considering only the first 25 where autographed and a credit to AMD for securing them for Australia ^^^

I thought that your numbers were a big secret !@#
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »

I thought that your numbers were a big secret !@#

Was no point in talking about what numbers he was getting until they where actually here

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
Avatar LE owners , I think I have stumbled on something here regarding the code .I have been speaking with Stern and they are getting back to me .
Can LE owners get back to me with what code is loaded on there machine ?
Mine is running V1.02 and I have been speaking with some owners in the US and there's is running V1.01
Now Stern has posted that V1.06 is avalaible , HOWEVER LE owner CAN NOT update this version IT'S A NO NO it is for the PRO version only .
So what we need to know is what code is on your LE .

Cheers Tony

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »
ive got 1.01, enjoying the machine? What a top game! This is definetely up there! IMHO
Only issue so far which had me bamboozled was the left slingshot was/wasnt working, resoldered some wires on the switch, worked then stopped
Had a good look tonight after 3 weeks of possesing this machine and noticed the resistor had one end not soldered!!
Soldered no prob!

Also a had a small chip on backbox chrome t molding - bought one from BAY AREA - they send me the wrong part, did not fit
They refuse to send me another, I said to Rick, its a $4.95 PART, to send back will cost me $20+
What a poor businessman- bought $$$ from them, he doesnt care so now trying to track  this part.

Cant relax till I get it - Want this machine 100%

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40:49 AM »
Avatar LE owners , I think I have stumbled on something here regarding the code .I have been speaking with Stern and they are getting back to me .
Mine is running V1.02 and I have been speaking with some owners in the US and there's is running V1.01
Now Stern has posted that V1.06 is avalaible , HOWEVER LE owner CAN NOT update this version IT'S A NO NO it is for the PRO version only .

Cheers Tony

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »

Cheers Tony

Sorry mine is V1.01 must of had problems with numbers that night , seems all good now.
My Shakers wasn't working ,I check the fuses , boards etc etc . I pulled of the cover of the shaker motor and found the motor wires partially wrapped around the counter weigh ,so luckily it did did work .Anyway tracked it back to an un plunged plug just below the head box . All good now .

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:49:08 AM by Ant68 »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:37 AM »
Check this bloke out
&hd=1

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
Not bad, not bad!