Author Topic: Terminator 2 playfield resto - Part II  (Read 4781 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Terminator 2 playfield resto - Part II
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
bugger they have left plastic good luck with the right one
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
well done,  @@*
I like the led lights,looks nice and bright.Hows the sound with the new system.

Now can move onto the next project Marty.

Thanks Wonder!,

Love the LED's!..

The new sound system is quite good.  Definately more bass and a clear sound.  I picked it up as was going cheap and the right kit for the T2...Not sure if I could justify the expense on other games but GNR would be a must....

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »
While painting the home I have a little time to think of things. I'm considering trying the freeze method rather than heat. I've read that it has less chance of lifting paint & decals.

Anyone tried it? If so where do you buy the stuff and also does this method come with any problems of its own?

Unsure when I'll get a chance to do T2 as if I go ahead with sale of my house, I think the mess and shellite smell might not be a big selling point on the Sale sign outside. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »
While painting the home I have a little time to think of things. I'm considering trying the freeze method rather than heat. I've read that it has less chance of lifting paint & decals.

Anyone tried it? If so where do you buy the stuff and also does this method come with any problems of its own?

Unsure when I'll get a chance to do T2 as if I go ahead with sale of my house, I think the mess and shellite smell might not be a big selling point on the Sale sign outside. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

You can get the cans of O2 from DSE, but they're about $14.00 a can, which is very expensive...I've never done this method so can't comment...From my research, if you were doing a Sys11 game, there would be a very high chance of lifting decals.  I think machines post sys11 ie T2 with a diamondplated playfield, you would be very unluckly to lift anything, but would still need to do it slowly.

If its not causing issues, or lifting massively I would leave it....Having working pins I think would be a good selling point for your house for those open for inspections!