Author Topic: Do you worry about the ‘Price you paid’?  (Read 549 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Do you worry about the ‘Price you paid’?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »
I paid about $500 more than market value for a WH20 simply because my must have on the game was the topper in good condition, unfortunately the pf was not perfect either but after some touch up work it is not noticable, do I regret it? No, it is a great game and the topper is near impossible to find separately, but i do think about it often, maybe I should have waited etc, but you have to jump in somewhere.  This was before WH20 became a sought after title, even harder to find a decent one now.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Do you worry about the ‘Price you paid’?
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 07:38:08 PM »
If the machine is worth 2 grand anywhere most of the time, and a really really nice example comes up that ticks all the boxes, and u pay say 2500, who cares.
Most of us see the pin we want and the only words we hear is I GOTTA HAVE IT.  I GOTTA HAVE IT.  I GOTTA HAVE IT.

(p.s - never admit to the wife u paid too much, that would be suicide.lol Even if u paid 10 grand for a street fighter 2, tell the wife it was half price  *)*)

It only matters if its not a keeper and u intend on on-selling it 6 months later.
Prices go up and down so its not an easy thing to say a certain pin is worth an exact amount.

Paying 500 too much is fine, but paying a few grand too much would be a massive mistake and not one u would forget easy.  @.@

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !