Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57163 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »
I do not think the pro will be made untill after the run of LE's is finished
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:02:14 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
I had a great phone convo with Tony(ANT) again.    ANT certainly has his finger on the pulse with up to date phone conversations with Jack from JJP.
Only yesterday, was ANT getting some more up to the very minute updates from Jack.   The results and excitement of the WOZ are just as great, if not better than the AC/DC which in itself is huge.

and the next Stern title, I just found out exactly what it IS going to be. VERY VERY EXCITED indeed. Man, things are hotting up.
I think people will be saving hard for both of the next releases from JJP and Stern. These titles make getting outta bed each day to go to work much easier for sure. Goals like this make going to work fun.  ^^^ Thanks again ANT for the very cool updates. 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
Explains the delays
Jack is spending all his time talking to ANT ;)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »
Explains the delays
Jack is spending all his time talking to ANT ;)

We where talking all avo, !^!
Next week I plan to get a Meter Maid lined up and will do some Skype  @@*
Play field artwork should be approved by WB early next week , after many adjustments .
This is going to be one heavy pinball .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:49:22 PM by Ant68 »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
and the next Stern title, I just found out exactly what it IS going to be. VERY VERY EXCITED indeed.

Ok spill it...... *%* &&

I just want to know if it is RE or not?

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
yeh, I had heard all the models ordered were the LE versions. To my thinking, they will have to do something very sweet with the base model, which usually, in any release of most expensive items, shld represent greatest value for money.

The WOZ is such a open ended technology question, I just found it impossible to work out which one was going to be the answer. I wonder hom many people are holding off, not because they arent sure about the machine, but just extra curious as to which model will suit them best.

Unlike the AC/DC Le models, I think there will be enough JJP product of WOZ to go around. There had better be ! lol *%*  the deadline for delivery, although very loose it is, I dont care if they take an extra few months or more, more cooking of the cake equals abetter end result i would have thought. I dont want them to rush the last bit to keep on a schedule, I say forget the schedule, and make sure the end result is amazing. (WOZ LE still some available as per david from Bumper and dealing with JJP directly a few weeks ago too)  ^^^
No LE's available,all sold

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2012, 01:36:54 AM »
hopefully a few cancellations, and a few hidden extras might make (might) make a LE possible. ?

But the playfield on the stock WOZ unit is identical, so is it a big deal ? hard to say til we see these beauties.

YES for Resident evil if the statement is true.

YES for a 4 way Action Hero Pinball incl Marvel heroes as well if correct. 2012 just got extra great !

Can it get any better ! and theres another 2 or 3 titles coming out this year as well with the new Stern business model.  $#$

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »
hopefully a few cancellations, and a few hidden extras might make (might) make a LE possible. ?

There is a growing list waiting on cancellations,people have been ringing me trying to secure one. With every new update the phones/emails come pouring in. Standard model,however is essentially the same game.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »
Dave, did u originally organise a JJP distributorship with JJP to get your WOZ machines and extras out here. Are u still taking orders etc.

If it gives people a 2nd choice compared to Bumper etc. Whats the go with your WOZ position ?

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
Dave, did u originally organise a JJP distributorship with JJP to get your WOZ machines and extras out here. Are u still taking orders etc.

If it gives people a 2nd choice compared to Bumper etc. Whats the go with your WOZ position ?
I work at Bumper,no other Aussie distributor. Thats why I know all the facts about this machine.Production still scheduled for March. The machine is far more advanced than what we see released on a weekly basis.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
So how many WOZ LE can we expect to see shipped to OZ ?
And how's the Standard model selling ? do you think more of these will be sold than the LE's?

I work at Bumper,no other Aussie distributor. Thats why I know all the facts about this machine.Production still scheduled for March. The machine is far more advanced than what we see released on a weekly basis.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2012, 12:27:32 AM »

OK, great to know.  maybe u could relist the Bumper pricing and any news/latest info for any of the AP lads.

If u could definately do a post when the machines come in (at least a weeks notice) I think a few people would make the effort to fly down, look at one, play it, and maybe secure an extra few orders. Wouldnt hurt would it.   ^^^

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »
So how many WOZ LE can we expect to see shipped to OZ ?
And how's the Standard model selling ? do you think more of these will be sold than the LE's?

There is approx 75 LE's coming through Bumper plus the ones that were preordered before Bumper got the distributuion rights. Standard models have been selling steadily. Once the pin hits the floor and people can see what they are purchasing I am confident that sales will increase. WOZ is a timeless theme and sales could go on indefinately, unlike current movie themes which seem to be the flavour of the month.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »
The other Australian Pinball Forum was just mentioned on JJP personal forum ,
I invited them to visit AP forum as well .
A member picked up Bumpers post ( Nice one Dave).
I welcomed them to our forums and to become members and share the love of Pinball .
Is there anyway we can track the number of visitors viewing this forum tonight ?

Please see Davids Post ( I hope I have your blessing David ) You wrote brilliantly mate  , well done <..>
Just reading through these posts we have to laugh. This pinball machine is going to blow everyone away and is such a massive advancement on pinball its not funny. The LCD screen is just one example of developement and its a huge step. Ant68 and ourselves have been privy to far more info on this pin and its only just starting to be shown in any form other than a raw whitewood. Jack is not about profit, he is about building something so spectacular that it will be remembered for years as a benchmark on how good you can make a pinball machine. It is the exact opposite philosophy of Stern where you cut things out whereever possible. With Jack its how do I make every part of the machine the best it can possibly be, from the timber, to the cabinet, to the sound system, to the designers I hire, to the clear coat finish, to the artwork, to the best rulesman in the business and so on. Is it worth the delay, yes yes yes. Will we get a product that is unbeleavably good yes. Are there many more surprises, yes. The deep rules mean you have years of challenges ahead. Will this be too difficult for the novice, no. It will play as far as you wish to take it, just like the Simpsons.

It is very rare to get the owner of a company who is investing millions into a pin to be so excited about his product. The passion he has shown us and the pleasure he is getting over improvements he is constantly making to the pin is something we havent seen before in this industry. Not once has he mentioned profit or returns. He can't wait till its ready and he has his own game to play at home. So many will be dissapointed they didn't purchase one when they start to see the finished product. You can already see little hints of what is to come with the Video and art snippets, but there is so much more.

Never have you seen a pinball with an unlimitd budget before and when you compare value versus ACDC Limited edition for $9250 which introduces nothing new to pinball design, no one revolutionary change, nothing but rehashed ideas and the standard Stern formula it all stacks up very nicely for Wizard of OZ. The drama and lighting effects alone will be worth the money even without the LCD screen, but when all is realealed about how the cockpit on the screen works and engrosses the player and the public, the full value of the screen will be reavealed. Just hold judgement till the full product is revealed and then start saving as it will be a must have pin. Just wait and see what you will get for your money.

There will not be lots of second hand pins flooding the market as one suggested, why would you give up your pin you have been waiting a year to get and thats a showstopper. There may be a couple who decide they can't afford it or need to sell (there always is) but most will definately treasure this pin for years to come. You get rid of dud pinballs, not specials. Why would you even speculate on this with no knowledge of the finished product.

What Jack will do for the future of Pinball and to save pinball from the doldrums its been in for years now with unimaginative pinball machines made from a stock formula with an ever diminishing market and no excitement is to be congratulated to the highest order and this will be proven when Wizard of Oz arrives. If only we could show you more right now but it will all be revealed in time.
regards David S
david@bumper.com.au
www.bumper.com.au for all products
03 9696 9690
566 City Rd South Melbourne 3205
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:09:04 PM by Ant68 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #284 on: February 29, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
I hope the WOZ has the DEEPEST OF DEEPEST rules sets, which means it wont get boring after a period. AND after sales software updates, for those who want extra gameplay ?  This machine has to be VERY VERY special, cause its been talked up big by everyone.

I dont agree with David from bumper that AC/DC pins are boring, quite the opposite. He hasnt played a LE yet so he cant really comment unless he has a crystal ball. Yes, the 9 grand plus for a AC/DC LE is too much, but Australia is not a poor country, so u just buy it or ya dont.

The WOZ machine now has to come out and be a better pin than anyone has made for 10 years, cause thats what they have promised. Gameplay had better be EXCEPTIONAL. Not too different, not too much the same. A fine balancing act ahead.

only time will tell. I am positive, but it has to deliver. Its about how the WOZ performs 6 months after u have bought it, more so than the first day u played it really !  *%*