Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57956 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »

Is Jack in competition with Garry?

Sure is Pete ,but as Jack says we are both in two different markets , JJP will not build budget pins and they don't not make pins using a calculator .

""I have no time for Stern really""

That's a pretty arrogant statement but what else would you expect from sterns only competitor trying to talk themselves and their product up.

Why is that?

I have compeditors, I know what they are doing
but I am running my business, my way, my vision

It is quantified in the original statement imo.
That is how I see it in this two horse race, that's all.

Jack already has a very successful business, making redemption machines (I am not sure what else he does)
I have not seen anything posted by him indication he is out to eliminate Stern,
IMHO he sees a market and is filling it

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »

Sure is Pete ,but as Jack says we are both in two different markets , JJP will not build budget pins and they don't not make pins using a calculator .

Twaffle, Jack is not going to build a $20,000 game as he knows nobody will buy it
He will build game that the market will acept

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
+1 to that .
But his aim is to build the best pinballs , as he's proving with WOZ.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
All bussines's use calculators and have budgets including jack

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
+1 to that .
I suppose Sterns looking at a higher profit margin with less on offer ? ( going by what he's release over the last few years )
Jack is not  doing it for the love either , it more to prove a point .And should be rewarded accordingly.

Competition is good and we can only see good things coming out of Stern and JJP in the future .

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:08:20 AM by Ant68 »

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »
+1 to that .
I suppose Sterns looking at a higher profit margin with less on offer ? ( going by what he's release over the last few years )
Jack is not  doing it for the love either , it more to prove a point .And should be rewarded accordingly.

Competition is good and we can only see good things coming out of Stern and JJP in the future .

+ 1 
 nice pic,Ant

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
They look pretty good hey . <.>

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
They look pretty good hey . <.>

" they"

Is there more than one girl? :D

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »
DONT FORGET !

I think people are forgetting, that JJP is producing a widebody, with a wide clearcoated playfield, plus 2 x additional mini playfields, are throwing in the amazing 27 inch LCD scren and are putting alot more hardware, moving toys n stuff on the game, and are charging LESS MONEY than STERN did for the LE AC/DC.  !@# !@#       When u look at that, JJP are MOST DEFINATELY in the same market as STERN, its just that JJP have decided to actually be pro-active, and give the customer MORE for less, and at a time where people who buy New in Box pinballs are SCREAMING out for a pinball that is fully loaded, not the bare minimum.

STERN, shld be making the same widebody with the same technology with its next machines, OR it will lose more customers to JJP, and so they should.

if STERN doesnt lift its game, the only machines I will consider will be the PRO, and i will never put my hand in my pocket for more than $5950 plus $200 for a shaker motor, and even then, the machine will have to be better than the AC/DC Pro, cause the music has carried that pinball machine, and only cause ALOT of us have teenage memories from going to Acca Dacca concerts with hot n nubile young ladies.

STERN needs to be worried, and at least seriously consider making widebodies again. If your competition is making a widebody, u had better start doing it as well.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
STERN needs to be worried, and at least seriously consider making widebodies again. If your competition is making a widebody, u had better start doing it as well.

HOW MANY CLASSIC GAMES ARE [size=8]WIDEBODY[/size]??????????????????
and how many of those waste that widebody area?? (TZ, IJ)
IMHO most widebodies are slow and clunky

It has taken Jack more than two years (and counting) to give us Woz
While I am sure that JJP #2 will happen quicker, is Jack planning on making more than one or two titles per year?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:53:58 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
I think people are forgetting, that JJP is producing a widebody, with a wide clearcoated playfield, plus 2 x additional mini playfields, are throwing in the amazing 27 inch LCD screen and are putting alot more hardware, moving toys n stuff on the game, and are charging LESS MONEY than STERN did for the LE AC/DC.

Well said Brett

DONT FORGET !

I think people are forgetting, that JJP is producing a widebody, with a wide clearcoated playfield, plus 2 x additional mini playfields, are throwing in the amazing 27 inch LCD scren and are putting alot more hardware, moving toys n stuff on the game, and are charging LESS MONEY than STERN did for the LE AC/DC.  !@# !@#       When u look at that, JJP are MOST DEFINATELY in the same market as STERN, its just that JJP have decided to actually be pro-active, and give the customer MORE for less, and at a time where people who buy New in Box pinballs are SCREAMING out for a pinball that is fully loaded, not the bare minimum.

STERN, shld be making the same widebody with the same technology with its next machines, OR it will lose more customers to JJP, and so they should.

if STERN doesnt lift its game, the only machines I will consider will be the PRO, and i will never put my hand in my pocket for more than $5950 plus $200 for a shaker motor, and even then, the machine will have to be better than the AC/DC Pro, cause the music has carried that pinball machine, and only cause ALOT of us have teenage memories from going to Acca Dacca concerts with hot n nubile young ladies.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #311 on: March 04, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »

HOW MANY CLASSIC GAMES ARE [size=8]WIDEBODY[/size]??????????????????
and how many of those waste that widebody area?? (TZ, IJ)
IMHO most widebodies are slow and clunky

It has taken Jack more than two years (and counting) to give us Woz
While I am sure that JJP #2 will happen quicker, is Jack planning on making more than one or two titles per year?

Maybe ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #312 on: March 04, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Pete, re the widebody thing, I have a
TZ
Indy Jones
Batman Forever
Royal Rumble
Star Trek Next Gen

and ALL games are EXCELLENT. Its just a different feel. Playing a widebody, is like driving down the highway in an expensive top of the range Holden/Ford, compared to a medium sized 4 cylinder car.
Playing a ironing board (std body) compared to a widebody, feels so different. The game gives u more on a widebody. Its not as fast as a std body, but some games u want to think on, and others u want it hard n fast.
I reckon a widebody done properly eats a std body every day of the week. Just when u walk into a room, widebodies also look the eye candy, and pinball machines are just as much a eye candy thing, as a playability thing.
If STERN did a widebody for a LE, and a std body for a Pro, that would justify the 3 grands $ difference.

The more i think about the WOZ being widebody, 3 playfields, more toys, 27inch screen etc etc etc, for less money than a Stern LE, it makes me look forward even more, alot more to the WOZ release than i did a month ago. The moment i saw the LE ac/dc final release, the penny dropped for me. JJP will be here for a longtime to come, and the next 2 or 3 titles will be amazing.

WOZ will be worth the wait and the next few will be awesome. Stern will now have follow suit. Now we all win because of JJP. If Stern doesnt, JJP will get peoples money.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:24:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #313 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »
Awesome big "jugs"ant68 and they look real ^^^

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »

If STERN did a widebody for a LE, and a std body for a Pro, that would justify the 3 grands $ difference.

Imagine the development costs, I cannot set that happening