Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57943 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
 I count 5 - 6 motors (3 on the one PF, the flying
monkey, and assuming one for the spinning house and one for the
mysterious witch "melt" action)
Actually, counting magnets and motors as solenoids I'm up to around 31
or so that I can see , With all that and the bazillion
controlled lights this game is really looking to be exciting!!!
4 magnets, 2 in front of the witch, one in the flying monkey area,
assume to capture loop shot balls.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
Great to see that he starting his first pinball - 1st class factory provisions, cabinet, playfield etc.

Good one Jack
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »
Great update. JJ is certainly not doing things by halves...
The only problem with getting these updates is having to wait for the next one! !!!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #333 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »
Great update. JJ is certainly not doing things by halves...
The only problem with getting these updates is having to wait for the next one! !!!
next update in two weeks should be 'here is WoZ #1'

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
Tony(ANT) can u send Jack a email and ask him to make sure that they dont finish the inside of the cabinets with the black paint the way it is in the photo above.  !*!

Thats one of my biggest pet hates of any pinball machine construction, is that the black on the inside of the cabinet is not painted to a neat line, and its just a sloppy piss poor minimum effort the way everyone (incl BNIB machines) is done.

The FIRST thing I will be doing when my next few new machines arrive (incl WOZ) is to tape up the inside of the cabinet, get a can of black paint and finish the poorly painted black area so it looks like someone actually cared what the end result would look like. I mean, you go to all the effort to make a pinball machine look beautiful in every way shape n form, and they do a messy slack job of the inside cabinet paint.

It just looks uncared and unfinished properly. I know its hidden inside etc, but am I the only one who thinks an extra 2 minutes worth of effort could be made. (or is it asking too much to have someone place tape on the inside of the cabinet during the construction process cause it will take an extra 30 minutes of effort, and there fore add $2 worth of tape and an extra $15 in labour) Its sad to believe that $17 of saving is the cause of "internal cabinet uglyness". lol   %.% %.%    

p.s - thanks for the updates Tony. legend as usual.  ^^^

ps 2 - i was thinking, u could have a large metal type ruler with a nail on each end, sitting on the paint production line, the tech places the straight edge inside the cabinet, bangs the 2 nails partly in with a small hammer, paints then to the straight edge, then removes the metal straight erdge with the claw of the hammer, on both sides of the cabinet. Cabinet edge then done properly. no taping up required. A simple way to get a neat line.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:39:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #335 on: March 06, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
Good point Cavey, but a easier way would to have a few plywood templates with handles (no nails then) that rest on the base of the cabinet, quick spray and your done - 90 seconds to go in and pull out and you get a nice straight paint line.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #336 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »
Swinksy, yep, that will work a treat, good idea, it doesnt look right not finished off properly.

first thing i am going to check n do on AC/DC, Transformers and WOZ, plus any other NIB sterns i get.

just looks neater.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #337 on: March 06, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
Swinksy, yep, that will work a treat, good idea, it doesnt look right not finished off properly.

first thing i am going to check n do on AC/DC, Transformers and WOZ, plus any other NIB sterns i get.

just looks neater.  ^^^

All new sterns come like this too.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »
Pin2000 style rails under the Woz as well.  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
Is Toto featured in the game?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
Is Toto featured in the game?

Very clever captioning there!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »
THIS WILL BE THE BEST PINBALL MADE SINCE 1993.

JJP brings out a widebody with lots of magnets, 3 playfields, side armour, PDF glass, a 27 inch screen, lots of moving toys n motors etc etc, on its first attempt !

It doesnt make the cost cutting machines of the past look that great does it ! (excluding AC/DC which i reckon is excellent at $5950)

STERN has to now step up bigtime to the plate, or JJP will be getting my future Brand New in Box pinball money.

The title is one thing, how its made is equally important.  ^^^

** just realised, that if JJP dint need the williams licence/parts supply etc, Wayne would never have found a buyer with so much $$$ for the licence. I bet the $$ and incentive for Planetary Pinball came from the ability to supply JJP with its needed 1000 plus machines of parts. If Wayne had of known about the JJP plans, he could have got alot more money, or may have kept it !
So it looks like JJP is responsible really for the Williams licence returning to the USA. Perhaps without that JJP would not have been able to proceed. Interesting
!!  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:36:23 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #342 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
Here's another great update
Please keep off topic remarks and smart remarks to other Forums

Greetings Pinball Fans,

So today is that "Big Day" - Joe Balcer's Birthday - Happy Birthday Joe and the other part of the Big Day is that we officially start production of our games!

Part of the Agreement with Planetary Pinball calls for us to pay part of our license fee on the day we start production and we are happy to report that PPS has received a check from JJP today.

In reality, many aspects of the game are already in production. That is thousands of parts, assemblies, cabinets, and related items. One thing not in production yet is our playfield as we are waiting for some approval of aspects of the playfield artwork. Our playfield manufacturing company is ready to go chomping at the bit (literally) to begin that shortly.

The first batch of cabinets are in the completion process and we will show them in the next update but below is a link to the raw wood being cut for our cabinets.

We have been asked to show the Winged Monkey Mech and Dorothy's Spinning House which we are doing today. Both shown are not the completed versions but will give you an idea of what they will be. All of the motors and mechs in the game are 12VDC and all feed off of our JJP proprietary I/O Board.

A picture of the mirrored backglass is shown in a quick shot too.

Some great Videos

&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:37:44 AM by Ant68 »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
OOps

Offline swinks