Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57134 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #555 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
I played acdc pro again the other day to try and see that light and become one of the faithfull and repent my wicked ways.
I am so sorry, I have failed you I still think it's lame.
 !!!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #556 on: July 06, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

So thats why i say or believe it is nice to get positive feedback once or more, but it serves no purpose to hear someone repeatedly bag your new game. It would become/may become inappropriate after a while I would think.

The way to put this into perspective, is to think about a machine you just bought and how you would feel if the same person/persons repeatedly bagged it over n over again. Once u hear the opinion, there no need to hear the not so nice one over and over again.

That way, people who do spend their hard earnt $$ on a new title, dont have to have their proud moment of unveiling on the forum bagged to death etc. It was something i felt would keep this place fun and show some politeness to other members. Thats all.  

Negative comments don't bother me. Everyone has an opinion, good or bad, agree or disagree with others. I own an Avatar, a game that probably 9 / 10 forum members would rate as very poor, but it doesn't sway my opinion or enjoyment of the game, regardless of what others say.

As for WOZ, the theme doesn't interest me at all. I don't like the LCD or the artwork and it's not a game i would ever consider, but good luck to all that have placed an order.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:02:36 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #557 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
I played acdc pro again the other day to try and see that light and become one of the faithfull and repent my wicked ways.
I am so sorry, I have failed you I still think it's lame.
 !!!

who cares ? lol    yawn x 100.   

p.s - the post is about Wizard of OZ by the way.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #558 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
I really like what you bring to the table Cavey. Well said!
I have purchased a WOZ and don't have any issues saying it either. I think it will be a great game not just because of what I've seen from all the teasers we've been shown along the way, but it would be hard for some of the enthusiasm of someone like Jack with that much passion not to rub off onto his team.
It's a bit like saying 'how can it be done' instead of 'it can't be done'. Psychological barriers cause physical barriers..... I think this pin will be the start of a new era.

thanks, and i cant wait to see the unboxing videos. shld be a great day.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #559 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:48 PM »

So thats why i say or believe it is nice to get positive feedback once or more, but it serves no purpose to hear someone repeatedly bag your new game. It would become/may become inappropriate after a while I would think.

The way to put this into perspective, is to think about a machine you just bought and how you would feel if the same person/persons repeatedly bagged it over n over again. Once u hear the opinion, there no need to hear the not so nice one over and over again.

That way, people who do spend their hard earnt $$ on a new title, dont have to have their proud moment of unveiling on the forum bagged to death etc. It was something i felt would keep this place fun and show some politeness to other members. Thats all.  

Negative comments don't bother me. Everyone has an opinion, good or bad, agree or disagree with others. I own an Avatar, a game that probably 9 / 10 forum members would rate as very poor, but it doesn't sway my opinion or enjoyment of the game, regardless of what others say.

As for WOZ, the theme doesn't interest me at all. I don't like the LCD or the artwork and it's not a game i would ever consider, but good luck to all that have placed an order.

I would love to own a Avatar. I reckon it is a unique and great looking game. The audio rocks, the playfield art n 3D translite are exceelent as well. Avatar would look great in any collectors line up. Beautiful machine. Enjoy the game, thats what its all about. Great purchase i reckon.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #560 on: July 06, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »

Keep in mind this is a WOZ thread guys. If it continues to stray off topic we will have to "clean it up".  *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #561 on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:14 AM »
no probs Nino. understood.

That link i posted before, I noticed its not on the Pinballnews site but it is a Pinballnews link etc. I couldnt work that out.

Dont all the different colours on this WOZ machine look great. Clear insert decals might become the norm.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index28.html

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #562 on: July 07, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »
Anyone been told when the games will be shipped?

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #563 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »

Peter
they are saying September
I am not holding my breath

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #564 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »

Peter

Prob late 2014 at this rate.... *)*

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #565 on: July 07, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »

Peter

Hopefully soon so he can tell us what the next theme will be, it will want to be good as Stern are pumping out some nice themes and aren't they going LCD as well?

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #566 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »

Peter

Hopefully soon so he can tell us what the next theme will be, it will want to be good as Stern are pumping out some nice themes and aren't they going LCD as well?

Peter

Some guy on pinside is spruking that the next stern pin will have a lcd and it will be the size of a sega dmd.
Good size imo, the woz one is far too big. Lets hope it's true, Avengers pin with a lcd that size in oct so this same dude reckons, we will see.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #567 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »

Peter

Peter

Some guy on pinside is spruking that the next stern pin will have a lcd and it will be the size of a sega dmd.
Good size imo, the woz one is far too big. Lets hope it's true, Avengers pin with a lcd that size in oct so this same dude reckons, we will see.

I'm with you the WOZ lcd is to big I like the idea of a smaller unit to.

Peter

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »
Saying the LCD is too big is kinda like saying your dinner was too tasty, or your job pays too well, or your wife is too hot. It just doesn't compute!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #569 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
Saying the LCD is too big is kinda like saying your dinner was too tasty, or your job pays too well, or your wife is too hot. It just doesn't compute!

That makes no sense to me at all.
 :D