Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57165 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #630 on: September 10, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
I think Pete is right. Jack from JJP would have ALOT of features and cool stuff hidden away to surprise the hell out of everyone.

That code on the demo model may have just been loaded to test switches etc only and maybe just for LED lighting etc. Its like when my AC/DC PRO first came with the basic code. The game was GOOD. But after uploading the next gamecode updates, which had literally hundreds of updates within it, it made the game GREAT. And the updates since have been better and better again over the 8 week period. The updates have stopped now and the game is bloody fantastic. Code can make a HUGE difference. It did on the PRO. Espescially dot matric and audio. BIG positive changes. The same will happen with WOZ after customer feedback as usual.

Its still very early days. ALOT can happen in a 60 or 90 day period. And even after the game is shipped, the code updates will happen and make any loose ends Terriffic. I reckon JJP will pull some rabbits out of hats and I reckon it will still be a EXCELLENT package.
I cant see JJP releasing anything but a very decent machine. We will all know by Xmas.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ausrhino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #631 on: September 10, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
I keep seeing people saying the game looks slow.  Surely asjusting the slope of the game higher will make it faster???  I think it looks alright.  Hopefully the lcd tie in will bring it all together.  They seem to be releasing spicks and specks atm.  I think I will utlimatley reserve judgement until its full released.

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
September 11, 2012

Dear Pinball Fans,

Today, as we do everyday, we remember those who lost their lives and whose lives were affected by the events that took place on September 11th 2001. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and with our country.

The other day in response to some requests, Jack took a short video of a game we have here at JJP in our Conference Room. While the game is mostly physically complete, the software is not. We did however want to show more elements of how a single ball travels on the game.

We want to include the community in our progress as this is what we have believed from the beginning. This has never been done in pinball development as there is a chance for people to guess that we are finished, which we are not. We have received so many e mails from our Facebook post about how spectacular the game looks, the lights and the different toys. This video will bring more questions about sound and speech calls. Chris and Keith work together to place them and fit them perfectly - which has not been done yet in this video.

This video only shows one screen on the LCD Display. We have released several but there are many that are unreleased that will be incorporated into the game. So much more to come!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
September 11, 2012

Dear Pinball Fans,

Today, as we do everyday, we remember those who lost their lives and whose lives were affected by the events that took place on September 11th 2001. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and with our country.

The other day in response to some requests, Jack took a short video of a game we have here at JJP in our Conference Room. While the game is mostly physically complete, the software is not. We did however want to show more elements of how a single ball travels on the game.

We want to include the community in our progress as this is what we have believed from the beginning. This has never been done in pinball development as there is a chance for people to guess that we are finished, which we are not. We have received so many e mails from our Facebook post about how spectacular the game looks, the lights and the different toys. This video will bring more questions about sound and speech calls. Chris and Keith work together to place them and fit them perfectly - which has not been done yet in this video.

This video only shows one screen on the LCD Display. We have released several but there are many that are unreleased that will be incorporated into the game. So much more to come!

thanks for the link but what do you think of what jack has shown us in these last two videos?

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #634 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
thanks for the link but what do you think of what jack has shown us in these last two videos?

Been in since day 1 and while the quality, lighting etc look amazing........im a little worried
- way too much up, down, up, sdtm going on - hopefully this can be fixed with ramp adjustments(?)
- maybe linked to the above but i cant see many fun shots to be had
- voice character call outs are way off sounding like the movie characters
- will you even be able to see the top right corner of the pf past the house (it may not matter?)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:57:42 AM by theintelligent1 »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #635 on: September 12, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
There's no doubt it's a jammed packed pinball , the whole package to me looks nice .
I've been in contact with Jack and he's going 1000km/hr to get this done and to get it right .
IMO he can take all the time in world .
Will see more video very soon .

September 11, 2012

Dear Pinball Fans,

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #636 on: September 12, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »

Well - until early December at the very latest that is ...... :lol  *!@  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #637 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
That last video is soooooo much better. I reckon that video alone shows the game to be 200 percent better than the previous video.

As JJP have said, alot of software and gamecode to be updated yet. That LED lighting is amazing. Going to be beautiful in a dark gamesroom.

I would bet money on it that it will be very special when finished.

P.S - It NEEDS one MOD to make it absolutely EXTRA stunning to the eyes, A set of Swinksys mirror blades to make it extra pop ! That will be a very WIDE widebody.lol  Imagine how good that will look with the mirror blades installed.  ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #638 on: September 12, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »

Well - until early December at the very latest that is ...... :lol  *!@  :lol

Lets hope so , would be a great Xmas gift .

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #639 on: September 23, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
First Woz video from PPE

&feature=youtu.be

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #640 on: September 23, 2012, 06:18:50 AM »
The machine is pretty, but I would like to see some coordination between the colored LEDs and what you are supposed to be shooting for (or modes the game is in), it still looks like to me it is just cycling through the color spectrum

But the machine continues to look like a winner to me

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #641 on: September 23, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »
From Jack's Private forum , written by Martin at Pinball news

It's too early to form a solid impression - not least because I was
flitting back and forth between the WoZ set-up and doing the AV for Clay's
seminar, so never had a good chance to play it.
The first thing that hit me though was just how damn bright and vivid those
LEDs are. No video camera can do them justice, but you get a sense at the
end of the video when it goes back to attrack mode.
There is a really nice YBR inserts animation at the start which indicates
the path in a kind of visual flourish. You'll see that soon I'm sure.
Rules so far:
- There are three button rollovers, each of which adds letters to the the
Tin Man, Lion and Scarecrow. Spell out all three to light lock on the
ramp. Lock three balls to start multiball
- Knock the Winkie drop target down three times and it stays down, allowing
the centre top VUK to send the ball to the Witch's Castle mini-playfield.
- If you complete both standups in the pop bumper area, that enables the
magnet at the top above the rollover lanes. The magnet holds the ball
while the winged monkey grabs it and flies it up to the Witch's Castle.
- When lock isn't lit, every second shot to the ramp goes to the
Munchkinland mini-playfield which is harder to loop than it looks.
I've seen comments saying the flippers don't look strong enough to make the
ramp shot reliably. I don't think that's true. A well-aimed shot never
has a problem, but anything slightly off may not make it. That's not a
strength issue though, it's an accuracy one. :-)
Think that's enough for now. Time for breakfast. I'll have pictures of
the machine's unboxing and set up later today on Pinball News, and will
post a link here when I've done the article (in between the seminars).
Cheers,
Martin.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
I think people will be very impressed when standing in front of this game.

The general illumination and inserts are great. Ball is bouncing around quickly and it has plenty of shots to keep people busy.

Would like to see more movement on the LCD screen during gameplay, like a constantly moving Dot Matrix display. Its not until u see no movement do u realise just how much a std dot matrix moves around alot.

I reckon this game will be a winner. It is coming along beautifully.  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #643 on: September 23, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »

The playfield looks awesome - layout, artwork and toys.  Simply amazing and outstanding @@*

It plays SLOOOW, and the flippers don't seem to have the power to make it up the rear ramps.  @@^

I can't understand why manufacturers STILL insist on black rubbers in a NEW game. Not only does it "slow" an already SLOOOW game down, but it looks terrible.  !@#

LCD looks more like a distraction than part of the game.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
Oh dear.  Not for me thanks. 
Addicted to pins.