Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57141 times)

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »
There's certainly been a lot of activity on this thread the last couple of days. Always good to see more video footage.

It's very interesting to hear the opinions (positive and negative) on JJP. At the end of the day whether you like the theme WOZ or not you have to admire the effort going into this game and the passion/enthusiasm of JJ. The product will speak for itself when it's finished. Jack has said he's proud of what he and his team have achieved thus far, and good on him, he should be.

I'm sure there would have been plenty of setbacks and delays Jack wouldn't have foreseen but he has had to work through all of them, which will make the finished product even more rewarding for him personally, and in the process there will be future benefits of this. E.g. he's mentioned they have created JJ proprietary products and new tooling to cement there legacy with their own parts. It's easy for any of us to say he coulda, shouda, woulda with the benefit of hindsight.

Rome wasn't built in a day......food for thought.

Maybe there'll be an in depth exclusive interview with pinball magazine in one of their future issues???  %$%
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »
Yep that's the video I was talking about how's the PF shine and super crisp and bright LEDs very impressive come on jack what's number 2 title I need to start saving.

Peter

You will have plenty of time to save for #2, it should be ready by 2020.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
There's certainly been a lot of activity on this thread the last couple of days. Always good to see more video footage.

It's very interesting to hear the opinions (positive and negative) on JJP. At the end of the day whether you like the theme WOZ or not you have to admire the effort going into this game and the passion/enthusiasm of JJ. The product will speak for itself when it's finished. Jack has said he's proud of what he and his team have achieved thus far, and good on him, he should be.

I'm sure there would have been plenty of setbacks and delays Jack wouldn't have foreseen but he has had to work through all of them, which will make the finished product even more rewarding for him personally, and in the process there will be future benefits of this. E.g. he's mentioned they have created JJ proprietary products and new tooling to cement there legacy with their own parts. It's easy for any of us to say he coulda, shouda, woulda with the benefit of hindsight.

Rome wasn't built in a day......food for thought.

Maybe there'll be an in depth exclusive interview with pinball magazine in one of their future issues???  %$%

well said to everything you wrote coon82.

and Daz(cowcorner) you made me laugh so hard I almost pissed myself, with the 2020 comment.
Its good to have both serious and comedy discussion on all these topics, keeps the threads fun.lol  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #723 on: October 20, 2012, 02:16:36 AM »
Yep that's the video I was talking about how's the PF shine and super crisp and bright LEDs very impressive come on jack what's number 2 title I need to start saving.

Peter

You will have plenty of time to save for #2, it should be ready by 2020.

Good I'll need it lol

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #724 on: October 20, 2012, 08:48:31 AM »
Seems that operators are getting the first games, then the public
I cannot see them shipping until after Xmas :(

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #725 on: October 20, 2012, 09:29:10 AM »
The reporter had no idea, what a dick ! Do people still play pinball he asks. He did alot of homework before that interview. And he couldnt tell it was a brand new pinball machine. The pinball player was talking about pinball and the idiot tv presenter is asking about basketball - schmuck.

He also asked 'is there a skill to playing pinball'  @.@
It was a pretty light-hearted interview.

Game does look 'nice' ( I am trying my best not to say pretty.......DAMN I said it  :lol )

Cavey - he was talking hoops because Todd McCullogh is a current pinball player who is an EX - NBA Player I believe
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #726 on: October 20, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
The reporter had no idea, what a dick ! Do people still play pinball he asks. He did alot of homework before that interview. And he couldnt tell it was a brand new pinball machine. The pinball player was talking about pinball and the idiot tv presenter is asking about basketball - schmuck.
Didnt the WOZ game look great but. Thanks for the video link !  ^^^

This is actually a common interview technique to get an average Joe to open up and speak comfortably (on camera or not).

Ask a lot of simple, generic questions that seem patently obvious which the interviewee cannot possibly get wrong and they temporarily forget their surroundings making the entire scenario more relaxed and natural and the interviewee more responsive and forthcoming with information.

It works in real life situations as well where the interviewee may feel threatened, uncomfortable or nervous.

If you have ever conducted job interviews or interviewing where a person may feel under pressure you would be familiar with this technique for extracting information.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #727 on: October 20, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
I hear what u are saying, but it just seemed like the presenter wasnt really that interested or was that enthusiastic.
It almost seemed like he was thrown to that segment on the run and just did it off the cuff like he was thrown in the deep end.
If the interviewer had some knowledge or passion for the silverball, it could have been a much better interview.

Anyone I ever interviewed for a job position over the years usually had done their homework and although nervous, so to speak, had quite alot of industry or job knowledge. I do however use the technique you mentioned in your last sentence when extracting information from the wife after she has been shopping,lol, I pretend I have no idea where she has been or what she has spent, and ask basic questions to look for nervousness, thus ensuring I remember to check the credit card statements.lol  %.%

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #728 on: October 20, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »
Watch this space

Seems that operators are getting the first games, then the public
I cannot see them shipping until after Xmas :(

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #729 on: October 20, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »
seems shipping may be closer than later if Tony(ANT) is hinting to watch this space.

also, I would want my WOZ machine to be number 300 and above, so everyone else gets the early machines and I would get a machine that has had all the production bugs worked out of it....food for thought....

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »
seems shipping may be closer than later if Tony(ANT) is hinting to watch this space.

also, I would want my WOZ machine to be number 300 and above, so everyone else gets the early machines and I would get a machine that has had all the production bugs worked out of it....food for thought....

No mate.... you are not buying a Stern

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #731 on: October 20, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »
It was always a commonly held position on the WOZ forums (and confirmed by the man himself from numerous public talks) that machines will be shipped out in the order that the initial deposits were put down, not by the machine's LE number.

First day back in January 2011 there were 100+ deposits so that will be the first hurdle for the JJ production plant to get over.

Has this now changed?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:15:24 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #732 on: October 20, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
Watch this space

Sorry, not listening unless it is in an official update from Jack

Either it is shipping this year or it is not
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:36:56 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #733 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
Anyone I ever interviewed for a job position over the years usually had done their homework and although nervous, so to speak, had quite alot of industry or job knowledge. I do however use the technique you mentioned in your last sentence when extracting information from the wife after she has been shopping,lol, I pretend I have no idea where she has been or what she has spent, and ask basic questions to look for nervousness, thus ensuring I remember to check the credit card statements.lol 

%.% %.% %.%

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #734 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
Watch this space

Sorry, not listening unless it is in an official update from Jack

Either it is shipping this year or it is not

It would be good to know either way as it only seems like a 50/50 chance atm. David Stein is back on Monday, so hopefully he will have some updates with confirmation on delivery dates.