Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57169 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #735 on: October 20, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »
It was always a commonly held position on the WOZ forums (and confirmed by the man himself from numerous public talks) that machines will be shipped out in the order that the initial deposits were put down, not by the machine's LE number.

First day back in January 2011 there were 100+ deposits so that will be the first hurdle for the JJ production plant to get over.

Has this now changed?

No , still stands

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #736 on: October 20, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Yes Jack spoke to David along with about  a dozen other Aussies .
Lets see what info David has for us .

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #737 on: October 20, 2012, 08:01:55 PM »
Yes Jack spoke to David along with about  a dozen other Aussies .
Lets see what info David has for us .

i would rather hear first hand from Jack

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #738 on: October 20, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
Re who will recieve machines first, and in what order etc,
I cant see how they will do this from a production point of view, since machines are made in batches due to country code/power supply arrangements etc.
Isnt it more likely he will build a few hundred, minimum, for USA customers, then do a batch of 20 for Australia, 20 for another overseas market etc.
He cant build 4 for the USA, 1 for Australia, 1 for China, 3 for UK, then back to 12 for USA, then 4 for Japan and so on.
I think the first to purchase, first to get low serial numbers may have been true, but first to buy will most definately not be first to have their machine built and shipped. From a production point of view, that would be insanity etc.
Thoughts ?  !@# !@#

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #739 on: October 20, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
Re who will recieve machines first, and in what order etc,
I cant see how they will do this from a production point of view, since machines are made in batches due to country code/power supply arrangements etc.
Isnt it more likely he will build a few hundred, minimum, for USA customers, then do a batch of 20 for Australia, 20 for another overseas market etc.
He cant build 4 for the USA, 1 for Australia, 1 for China, 3 for UK, then back to 12 for USA, then 4 for Japan and so on.
I think the first to purchase, first to get low serial numbers may have been true, but first to buy will most definately not be first to have their machine built and shipped. From a production point of view, that would be insanity etc.
Thoughts ?  !@# !@#

Unless all are made before any get shipped out

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #740 on: October 20, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »
CoT, I am sure that some games will go out not in order
But who am I behind, all the ops? All the distributors? All the US machines?

I would simply like Jack to tell us how much longer we will have to wait

If I lived in the states, I would have been able to go to one of the shows and had a game
I do not live in the states so I could not take advantage of his offer on invisiglass
I am not buying though Bumper, so I will not get an invite to their unveiling

The first time I will be able to play will be when it arrives at my house
It has been paid for now for 12 months, it would be nice to be talked to in a straight way

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #741 on: October 20, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »
interview between Pingame Journal and Jack

&feature=channel&list=UL
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #742 on: October 20, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »
CoT, I am sure that some games will go out not in order
But who am I behind, all the ops? All the distributors? All the US machines?

I would simply like Jack to tell us how much longer we will have to wait

If I lived in the states, I would have been able to go to one of the shows and had a game
I do not live in the states so I could not take advantage of his offer on invisiglass
I am not buying though Bumper, so I will not get an invite to their unveiling

It has been paid for now for 12 months, it would be nice to be talked to in a straight way

I recon if you have paid for it pete and it is over the deadline big time then it would be exceptable to get your refund if you are concerned with not getting you game at all. imo

but i do recon you will get it but i recon there will be another delay. just sort of feels that they are going way way over the deadline and its running on best case scenario rather than realistic. it might be at that point where people need to  choose whether they are in it for the long haul or want to pull out.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:16:18 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #743 on: October 20, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »

Pete, keep the faith. I paid for BBB  before it came, and glad I did. I'd never played it either of course, maybe woz will be every but the same level of classic.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #744 on: October 21, 2012, 08:10:17 AM »
I recon if you have paid for it pete and it is over the deadline big time then it would be exceptable to get your refund if you are concerned with not getting you game at all. imo

but i do recon you will get it but i recon there will be another delay. just sort of feels that they are going way way over the deadline and its running on best case scenario rather than realistic. it might be at that point where people need to  choose whether they are in it for the long haul or want to pull out.
[/quote]

Jacks has a list of about 30 people wanting a WOZ LE and over the last week or so I believe he has another 30 genuine enquires for the LE , Distributors in the US are screaming for them so if it was me Pete I would hang tight mate , but if you can't I would be happy to take over your WOZ number.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #745 on: October 21, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
I think it looks great and going off peoples impressions at shows it plays real nice, building a physical pinball is one thing and then software integrating with a lcd is a whole new world that they probably under estimated (based on that interview) but unlike Stern, I am guessing Jack wants to get it right from the start and not have 6 months or a year pass before they give updates.

In the engineering world if you want something custom built you have to pay big portions before even seeing anything - so not uncommon to invest into a product. From hearing Jack's interviews I am sure he would not let the world down as he would be letting himself down.

It must be frustrating Pete to be paid up and no machine and I feel for you but I reckon hang in there and it will get here (when ??). I don't have a machine on order as not my theme but given the right theme I would invest - because without you and the other 999 his business would not get the support to get up and do what he is doing and building there first ever machine with many more to come.

Stuck in there.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #746 on: October 21, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »

but i do recon you will get it but i recon there will be another delay. just sort of feels that they are going way way over the deadline and its running on best case scenario rather than realistic. it might be at that point where people need to  choose whether they are in it for the long haul or want to pull out.

Jacks has a list of about 30 people wanting a WOZ LE and over the last week or so I believe he has another 30 genuine enquires for the LE , Distributors in the US are screaming for them so if it was me Pete I would hang tight mate , but if you can't I would be happy to take over your WOZ number.

Why is it so wrong for me to ask when a game will be delivered?

Most buyers paid for their games a year ago

Jack has been showing off the game across the USA, he is running a business, he should be promoting his product

But I am a customer, I am only asking one question, I am treated with silence
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:28:33 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #747 on: October 21, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »

Jack has been showing off the game across the USA, he is running a business, he should be promoting his product

Nothing wrong with that Pete. You've paid up, so it's reasonable to want to know when the goods are coming. Being ignored just makes it even more frustrating.
I think members are just saying it shouldn't be too much longer now, in the end will be worth it.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #748 on: October 21, 2012, 11:17:50 AM »

but i do recon you will get it but i recon there will be another delay. just sort of feels that they are going way way over the deadline and its running on best case scenario rather than realistic. it might be at that point where people need to  choose whether they are in it for the long haul or want to pull out.

if he hasnt communicated with you a all or at least sent out a mass email explaining why then that isnt good.
the best way to send him a message is to pull out, however and remember if enough people do that his business will fail, he needs to be very carefull now. but an email as you say pete isnt that hard.
one thing that is scary some times with these sort of projects one investor gets scared rightly or wrongly, and pulls his money out then another then another, and the last few that have held on well they loose it.
you are after all an investor. just be carefull and if you hear people pulling out make sure you do the same imo.

I would say for the sympathy to the company i would suggest take the gamble and stay, however its easy for me to say that when i havent a  few grand for a machine
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:22:16 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #749 on: October 21, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
Pete have you dropped Jack an email ?
He responds to all his emails almost straight away , or if you want give him a ring first thing Tuesday morning and talk to the man himself .