Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57954 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1020 on: January 11, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »
I will have to ask someone who i think might be able to help provide that specific date like Pop Bumper Pete or ANT who have both bought a WOZ and have been in the WOZ purchase line ever since day one.

Brett

I think you are getting the dates mixed up with the WOZ redemption/pusher machine from JJ which had been out the year prior.

The pin was announced on January 2011.

Did you consider that there may be other posters in this thread who have been in since day one as well?  #@#
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:31:02 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1021 on: January 11, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
I thought there would be but i didnt know their names.

Not long now and Australia will have a influx of WOZ machines just like AC/DC did....fun times ahead.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1022 on: January 12, 2013, 04:21:41 AM »
Shit, WoZ was officially announced January 2011
Only a fool would think that Jack had done no work at all previous to this date

In his first Spooky Pinball Podcast, Hack said he had been working on the project for a year akready

Offline Sunfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1023 on: January 12, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
According to Jack, none of the real work got started until Spring 2011 (before that was basically just feeling out the industry, people and options). Regardless, none of us have known about the project or put any money down for longer than 2 years yet.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1024 on: January 12, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
Any one who had done a project of any size knows that you need a plan so you can move forward

The first thing we saw was Dorithys house. You cannot build the house unlass you know what you want it to do. Nor cab yky build it unless you know how much space you have

I have been fully paid for the last 15 months

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1025 on: January 18, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
If any one had received a bill for shipping, do you not think that they would have posted such on this forum or any other?

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #1026 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
I think The Never Ending Story would be a more fitting title for JJPs first pinny. All I can say is buyers of WOZ are a patient bunch.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1027 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
I think The Never Ending Story would be a more fitting title for JJPs first pinny. All I can say is buyers of WOZ are a patient bunch.
Each time the due date gets moved, it is only 90 days. even I can wait 90 days

except this time, when the last date slipped due tho them having to redesign a board, I cannot see any way that a new designed board is going to be produced over the xmas new year period
so even the current 'end of Feb' will be missed (IMHO)

I am at the point where I now just don't care
I am tired of the fanbois oozing their love for the quality of the cabinet
I am tired of being reminde of Keiths past programming sucsesses
If somebody offered me the right amount of money, I would sell the thing unplayed
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:50:03 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1028 on: January 18, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
WOZ is like the girl u waited all night to take to bed.....she kept putting u off, bit by bit, again and again, til the viagara wore off.lol  %.% %.% %.%

Then when she does say YES, u are not in the mood. Dam.  ^&^

What can u do, just hope the delays dont leave a bad taste even when the machines turn up.

Does anyone think the delay upon delay will hurt JJP's reputation in the market place ???  !@# !@# !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1029 on: January 18, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
Does anyone think the delay upon delay will hurt JJP's reputation in the market place ???   

Initially - maybe, but subject to the publics reaction to a finished game it may only be a small percentage because initial frustration could quickly change if the game is successful. Providing JJP produce a string of high quality games (fun and appealing), continue to innovate and achieve their own set deadlines for future releases, long term I don't think so IMO.
I'm sure they will learn from a lot of things - what worked, what didn't etc, set up systems and procedures focusing on the long term.

It may initially hurt sales, but I'd say people that may be interested in buying a WOZ are holding of now until a finished product is released before committing.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1030 on: January 18, 2013, 09:52:21 PM »
if the machines turn up, and the WOZ machine with its initial code is ho hum or a bit boring, the forums will be ablaze with pissed off people saying they waited all this time and it wasnt the huge game they expected....or it may be deemed a slow player cause code isnt finished enough...as they say, first impressions matter.

OR

will people just talk up the machine to save anyone saying something negative that might impact on resale value.....we will know soon enough if you start seeing Woz machines for sale all over the place quickly......

I think it has hurt them commercially, because they are extremely late, and people are pissed...less people will be putting money down in droves like the last title because it may take forever again...I think they have lost a large percentage of people who would have just purchased sight unseen...it may take 2 or 3 years to recover......but lack of information right now from JJP is doing them more n more hassles...

If the company was in Australia, I reckon a large percentage of Aussie Pinball members would be down there on Jacks door offering to help get things going....I know i would be offering to help out. I want to see them doing really well. I want to see the Hobbitt pinny asap as well as WOZ..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:55:13 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1031 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
Stands to reason that its not going to take forever again... it hasnt taken forever so far. 15 months of being paid up was mentioned?

Absolutely its been a learning curve for Jack - he openly admits that. The guy had to set up his own coil winding line..why?? I bet my arse he thought existing coil manufacturers would supply, but for some reason or another he was forced to set up his own. He has done this with many many parts for WOZ.. each adds a further delay. So why not use existing coils?? We dont know- he hasnt said but i bet its not a pretty story... maybe it will come out in the wash - who knows.

So the mountain was bigger than initially thought..... we all know that - he has been nothing but open and honest about all this which is why i wont hurt his reputation.
ALL pinballs come up for sale crap or not... whats crap to one is magic to another but thats a risk you are prepared to take when you pay up front for something unseen and unplayed.
I think it will live up to everything expected from it.. layout looks good.. lots of toys ( if thats your thing).. its fresh, shiny shiny and made to a point of meticulous detail.
So now he has his own FULL inhouse pinball manufacturing plant... despite this being not expected at the start, it does put him in a unique and fortunate position... control over every aspect and right under your nose.
Once WOZ is out of the way, he should be able to churn out machines at will and at a level of excellence that can be controlled

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1032 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
Each time the due date gets moved, it is only 90 days. even I can wait 90 days

except this time, when the last date slipped due tho them having to redesign a board, I cannot see any way that a new designed board is going to be produced over the xmas new year period
so even the current 'end of Feb' will be missed (IMHO)

I am at the point where I now just don't care
I am tired of the fanbois oozing their love for the quality of the cabinet
I am tired of being reminde of Keiths past programming sucsesses
If somebody offered me the right amount of money, I would sell the thing unplayed

Are you saying you would sell your number now? What's the "right" money the game isn't even built or release yet! Wouldn't the right money be what you have paid for it :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1033 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
Bumper has 3 x WOZ LE unsold (or cancelled)....get a price off them...then negotiate hard......If anyone puts their WOZ up for sale soon after delivery, bumper might get stuck with stock for a long time ??

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1034 on: January 19, 2013, 11:13:07 AM »
I think it's fantastic that there is another manufacturer keeping pinball alive.

That said, given the debacle that went down with the MM remake, if I were a new player entering the market the last thing I would want to do is continually over promise and under deliver on a prepaid pin.  Then start taking $$'s for the next one as well.

Not saying the situation or individuals are similar, but I sure as hell would want to avoid any potential comparisons.