Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57937 times)

Offline Sunfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1050 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
Not sure about the machines being shipped without the boards - is that right?

Um.... where did he say they were shipping without boards? I don't see that anywhere. They're building now, when the get the boards they add them and ship.

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1051 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Whoops, I'm a dumb ass. the Ummpaloompas got me. (((

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1052 on: January 30, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
I will add, I liked the enthusiasm that came thru from Jack in the JJP email.

This guy aint giving up and he is marching full steam ahead and nothing will stop him. Its the fact that he is a perfectionist that keeps shining thru time n time again. Rome wasnt built in a day, and creating a machine like this from scratch is a huge/monumental task.

As soon as the first one is done n out the door, the next title or two should be a walk in the park.

I also note, that the latest code update looks amazing. The advance top left corner graphics look awesome, and thats only a small percentage of what they have done graphics wise.

To answer your question John(Dendoc) wait til u see some WOZ LE machines arrive in Brisbane/Gold Coast, go n play one, and then u will truly know if the machine is for you. If it was like $6600 i would say take the punt, but for almost $9500 or more, it might be safer to wait. The LCD annimations and playfield LED lighting alone makes this machine excellent and out of this world already. Imagine 6 months after delivery n more code updates.
It should go down as one very very very special machine. ^^^
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:17:46 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1053 on: February 14, 2013, 12:59:43 AM »
UPDATE........

A friend in the USA emailed me and advised he will be getting his USA delivered WOZ machine on the 10th of March according to his USA Dealer....

I note, Oz the Great & Powerful Movie (remake of the original Wizard of OZ) is also being released on the 7th of March......

http://www.disney.com.au/oz/index.php

Is this a co-incidence ?  !@#  does anyone think the JJP production and release has been held up by the movies remake and release....?  !@#

Would or did the powers to be with the licence want the movie to come out first, then the pinnys...?

a good question, will we ever know.

A link for the upcoming movie is enclosed. How amazing do the colours look. I can see why the JJP cabinet work is sooo clear now. Looks very sharp.
Also, see the angry tree in the middle of the link I attached...how perfectly close are the pop bumpers on WOZ playfield to that artwork. Very close.
(use left arrow on picture to scan accross to angry tree on far left of page)

http://www.disney.com.au/oz/index.php
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:06:50 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1054 on: February 14, 2013, 01:14:08 AM »
Saw the preview for this movie when i went to The Hobbit... does look good.

Middle of March i heard too

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1055 on: February 14, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »
It should be noted that Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful has nothing - repeat, nothing - to do with Warner's 1939 Wizard of Oz. Jack's license is with Warner, not Disney, so while there is certainly reason to want to ride on the Disney Oz publicity wave, the movie isn't holding them up.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1056 on: February 16, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »
new WOZ video that a friend sent me, so i will share it here ofcourse.

notice the Stern test rig at the 5 minute 25 second mark of the video which a friend pointed out to me as well.....

also, I think JJP is still way way behind and probably alot more behind after watching the video. I thought the factory would be in absolute full swing by now, but as seen by the video, there is only a handful of staff in the whole building, and they dont have proper boxes like Stern to put the finished pinball machines into like they should be doing, versus wrapping a machine by hand....anyway, good video.

I thought WOZ stock would be hitting Australia (march) but it might end up being another few months ontop since full blown production at JJP still hasnt started by the looks of that video .......I wonder why they havent fired up the production line properly and filled it with production people, they must still be waiting for major components ??

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:29:09 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1057 on: February 16, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
Thanks for posting the video.
Seems all a bit disturbing to me.
Drive all the way there to pick up the "first finalised machine with new software" and get another prototype because it's not ready yet! I would be pissed. They could have called and said it wouldn't be ready and did they want to wait for the final machine?
Not packed on arrival, and a bit of glad wrap to protect the cabinet? Those lower edges could get trashed when the vehicle goes over bumps with just  a bit of wrap to protect them. Those who have NIB machines have seen how much foam padding is usually put on the corners for protection. Maybe this was some special deal, where no one was organised properly, but all seems a bit unprofessional.
And the instruction screen when started saying "Insert Paymet" - its almost Chinglish. Customised screen with something like "please insert $1 to start your adventure" would be better than "insert payment".

Whinge whinge. I know, just getting more and more dissapointed with the whole JJP saga. #(&

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #1058 on: February 16, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »
new WOZ video that a friend sent me, so i will share it here ofcourse.

notice the Stern test rig at the 5 minute 25 second mark of the video which a friend pointed out to me as well.....

also, I think JJP is still way way behind and probably alot more behind after watching the video. I thought the factory would be in absolute full swing by now, but as seen by the video, there is only a handful of staff in the whole building, and they dont have proper boxes like Stern to put the finished pinball machines into like they should be doing, versus wrapping a machine by hand....anyway, good video.

I thought WOZ stock would be hitting Australia (march) but it might end up being another few months ontop since full blown production at JJP still hasnt started by the looks of that video .......I wonder why they havent fired up the production line properly and filled it with production people, they must still be waiting for major components ??

I wonder if it was a weekend? Seemed to be a lot in various stages of assembly on the assembly line but no one was working on it. Makes me wonder it it was shot out side of normal business hours.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #1059 on: February 16, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
I was amazed at how freely these guys were allowed to video the premises. Are these guys ahead of schedule because it looks awfully quiet.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1060 on: February 16, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »
On spooky's last podcast Charlie said they were screening runs of 200 playfields in 4 day periods and a big JJP distributor said he went to the factory and there was lots going on.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1061 on: February 16, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
At the 4mins 58 sec mark text on the screen pops up saying.

" I didnt know about the Hobbit at the time"

So the guy has either been living under a rock..or.... its an old video in which case whatever state of production the factory is in at time of filming has nothing to do with it now.

Rock.. or.. old?

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
Thanks for posting the video Cavey. The cameraman seemed surprised they were getting a prototype so there must be a deal of some sort happening there. Maybe it's a profit share arrangement so JJP can promote the game on location in NYC.

The factory did seem quiet, so would seem safe to assume it was shot outside of normal hours. Even the carpark was empty.

Rock.. or.. old?
I'm going with old. Brett may be able to confirm the day it was shot?
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1063 on: February 16, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
The video was only just taken. 10th Feb, 1 x week ago ONLY.....as per the person who uploaded it on to youtube. U can see the upload date, so its only a week or two old..

I note, every video or photoshoot for JJP looks the same, always a ghost town. Even the Pinball News article had the same look, very empty of workers. Something tells me it is still dead cause those 1500 motherboards havent arrived yet, and full production has not started. ??
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:09:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1064 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
The video was only just taken. 10th Feb, 1 x week ago ONLY.....as per the person who uploaded it on to youtube. U can see the upload date, so its only a week or two old..

I note, every video or photoshoot for JJP looks the same, always a ghost town. Even the Pinball News article had the same look, very empty of workers. Something tells me it is still dead cause those 1500 motherboards havent arrived yet, and full production has not started. ??

No... thats when it was uploaded and we can assume that when it was uploaded the film maker did then know about Hobbit as the text tells us.

Uploaded 10th Feb.. but shot when?