Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57160 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1650 on: August 20, 2013, 10:51:22 PM »
Got mine, well worth the wait. #466

.....and that's all ????? After all the crap surely you can make more of a comment than that??
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline chillie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1651 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:45 AM »
I have not posted a review as there are plenty around. I updated to latest code last week and have been playing quite a few games. To be frank it is quite complicated and taking quite a while for me to figure stuff out. I have said this before everyone and I mean everyone be it pinhead or not has loved the game.

I think it is awesome.

Chris

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #1652 on: August 21, 2013, 01:45:52 AM »
I don't do reviews, but lets say 100% players are happy with the experience of this pin. Definitely going to keep my Jersey Jack pins.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1653 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
Well done , enjoy  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #1654 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »

Hopefully this means that those members who have paid through Bumper (now the former distributor of WoZ) will be safe in their purchase. It seems to read that way, but I guess time will tell as the amounts stated as paid (total $150,000.00 US) will not cover a lot of games, and of course no-one knows what amounts were received by Bumper from customers.

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5583440c3b325b99b4e5bc576&id=88987eaec3

I truly hope that the member purchasers remain safe and no-one loses out either on their game or on money paid.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #1655 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
Interesting arrangement, a little worrying for those with money down.  Hopefully they get their machines and quickly  (((

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1656 on: September 04, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
hasn't' everything stalled on this forum? Maybe everyone is just nicer here than the others (yes there are others, but don't look, nasty stuff going on).

No LE WOZ coming to Australia of course if you ordered through you a distributor. That's a fact.

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1657 on: September 04, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »
Yer I'm one of those people who will never see and never spend another cent at Bumper.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #1658 on: September 04, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
Purely my opinion, but I dare say that Bumper won't care.  I heard from a mate today that had paid in full for his WOZ machine a few years ago.  He had been in regular contact with both Bumper (both the GM and David) and JJP who repeatedly promised him all was good and he would get his machine in the 2nd container.  Today was the first day I heard him say, "I think it's gone, the money's gone and I am not going to get my machine." 

It looks like the $150k that JJP did receive is basically a part payment on numerous buyers machine.  I don't know if it is going to be possible to say that 100% of Customer A's money went to JJP.  JJP have said they are not sending any machines out until they have received legal advice.  Maybe at best, the WOZ buyers may receive some sort of partial refund and then jump in line to get whatever they can out of the receivers. 

I really really hope that things turn out better than this for all the guys that showed faith in the distributor and JJP.  I also hope that those responsible i.e. Bumper management are held accountable as well and are ultimately prosecuted in any way, shape or form possible.  Let's not forget the impact this has or is going to have on current or previous staff at Bumper as well.  I feel sorry for them as well.

Once again let me stress.   These are simply my thoughts on the matter.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1659 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »
hasn't' everything stalled on this forum? Maybe everyone is just nicer here than the others (yes there are others, but don't look, nasty stuff going on).

No LE WOZ coming to Australia of course if you ordered through you a distributor. That's a fact.

There's a lot of speculation and innuendo floating around the pinball rumor mongers. I guess the facts are only known to the GM of the Former Australian distributor and the GM of JJP. Until either steps forward with the facts, or the pre order customers demand answers from either party via legal means, I think the rumors will continue. That's my opinion.

I hope that ALL customers who paid for the games in good faith have their game delivered or a full refund. It certainly is a giant mess, and I'm sure both parties will be aware of the massive damage to their reputations (what's left, anyway)..

There's a good post from MartyJ somewhere on an intro post that covers what steps should be taken if you are a pre order customer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1660 on: September 04, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
I feel truly sick in the stomach every time I think about this issue, for all those people who have paid deposits / in full for machines through the previous distributor.

Again, nothing is confirmed (either way) but I will post my advice again for all of those effected:

Firstly I would strongly recommend documenting / keeping any correspondence with the current director(s) of the previous Australian Distributor as to what is happening with YOUR particular order.
I would also collate all your invoices paid, receipts, which accounts monies paid into etc.  Also keep ALL original emails (I.P addresses may come into play down the track.  A forwarded copy will not suffice).

A solicitors letter may be worth the expense sent via registered mail to the previous Australian Distributor (ie the people on the invoice / whom you paid).  In the letter, I would be seeking such things as:

• confirmation of dates of deposit paid
  • confirmation of followup payments for machine
  • copy of full invoice of your payment (inc Company name with ACN)
  • any written information about 'Trust Fund' where monies paid into (also referred to as a Customer Contract)
  • full details of account information monies paid into - inc account name, bank, branch etc
  • confirmation of delivery E.T.A of your particular machine (at time of payment)
  • current status of YOUR order (as your payment in full should be allocated to an exact machine serial number or LE number etc
  • current position of your payment (ie either in the Trust Account / Distributor Account / JJP)
  • details / confirmation of DIRECTORS, Managers and financial controllers at time of payment for your machine
  • refund if applicable under Victorian Consumer Law
Always best to have these things in writing and ensure in the solicitors letter directs a written response within 7 days.
Unfortunately the internet is not the best source of information and certainly you have a lot of money at stake.

I'll add the information about what YOUR allocated machine number / serial number is / will become quite important (given at the time when you paid).  

Those effected may be contacted by other Australian victims, whom are collating as much information as possible (like the above) in order to seek formal advice and progress the matter through the necessary channels.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #1661 on: September 04, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »
Sorry for all the guys out on a limb wondering whether they will see their pin. I know that everyone who plays mine is very happy with it. Very addictive, I have 3 Sterns next to it at my house: X-Men Wolverine, Rolling Stones LE, & The Avengers Pro. The WOZ gets 95% of the play, draws a huge demographic for play. Like I have said my non playing wife is now putting hours on this pin, & her 72 year old father plays it when he is in town.

Here is a local news story I just did, it goes out in print form also to 300k people with home flyer delivery:

http://www.halifaxnewsnet.ca/Sports/2013-09-03/article-3372988/Pinball-wizard-believes-machines-on-the-verge-of-comeback/1
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1662 on: September 05, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »
Basically the Aussie buyers have been shafted to the max, their are so many twist & turns in this saga that will make you sick in the stomach. facts are 29 pins are paid in full, 5 have less than a 1k owing, the remainder have left deposits between 1250-5000k, f'nk bull shit no one is taking responsibility, when money is involved everyone runs & hides,

bumper has been dumped, the new distributor is Mr Pinball, JJP & Wayne will announce this sooner or later, i could have added way more of what WG will be doing, but i will leave it to him to explain this in hes own words, i could easily add more about bumper mk 1 2 & 3 & jjp but i am still hopeful something good may come out of this when the dust settles,

anyway i guess I'm lucky i didn't fork out the full amount, but i feel gutted for the other guys & there family's going through this mess, this is meant to be a hobby & having fun, its a  f'kn nightmare,

luke

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1663 on: September 05, 2013, 01:02:17 AM »
There's no point beating about the bush on this.. the money  has been stolen.. quite bloody simple.
We are told that JJP never got all the funds.. only $150K.. so what?

JJP appointed Bumper as official representatives.. the idea here was so JJP could send 1 container to an appointed distributor who would then distribute for them.. saves JJP a lot of hassle. Its all set in concrete.. Bumper go to JJP and get "trained".. Bumper get given a demo version to continue to sell for JJP.

JJP publically appoint Bumper as official distributor.. they even steer potential clients towards Bumper.... Bumper are now ( in the case of WOZ, JJP employees).
Whether Bumper stole the money or Jack is a lying bastard is no longer relevant.. buck stops with Jack.. his distributor.. his decision to make clients go through them.. his " official" representative.
JJP are talking to lawyers.. Bumper liquidate and restart.. BOTH parties are trying to wriggle out of this which means the funds just go "missing".
Its just staggering at how badly this has ended up.. were it my money, id be sorting this out in a more personal way at the doors of Bumper with a length of timber...

.. I REALLY feel for the guys that have put faith in these scum bags.. I just hope that in some way, it all gets sorted for you.

I cant see WG getting the distribution for JJP... with his track record you have to be joking.. even WMS couldn't wait to get the rights out of his hands.. guy is a PR disaster.. itll be hard enough for JJP to sell a pin here now.. add WG to the mix and the shit just gets thicker

Offline craig robins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1664 on: September 05, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
Well said,maybe we all need to get together and go visit Bumper and tell them what we think. ^.^