Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57938 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1695 on: October 12, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »
I agree with Swinks - my experience was very much the same as his.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1696 on: October 13, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »
I've read there's a GI mod available to light up the PF, thanks for review swinks :-)

Peter

you would hope all machines coming off the production line now have the upgrade in it as standard and then a retro kit for the owners out there

I am amazed it got this far and was not improved, maybe it was a case of hypnotised eyes with all the flashing hippie leds. Don't get me wrong, build quality looked incredible and beautiful looking machine just a bit too busy with lights but if anything it is forcing Stern to go led's and colour changing for modes etc, but Stern are now chasing JJP's price tag which will only affect their sales and changes the whole market place.

fix the GI and this could be better as well as a program update and it can just get better again.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1697 on: October 25, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Video of new code (1.22) for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/-lc0QYaLuXE?autoplay=1&rel=0

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1698 on: October 25, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
what do think of the GI looks pretty dark, seems to be a common complaint, Are you meant to be able to play pins in the dark anyway, when i had 6 pins going i only could play 3 of them in the dark  !@#
Regular updates of the code is a good thing tho.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #1699 on: October 25, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
what do think of the GI looks pretty dark, seems to be a common complaint, Are you meant to be able to play pins in the dark anyway, when i had 6 pins going i only could play 3 of them in the dark  !@#
Regular updates of the code is a good thing tho.

the pin is bright but due to the lack of GI all you tend to see is blazing insert lighting and alot of the playfield appears to be dark due to the contrast - just not pleasant playing in a low lit place

turn your game room lights on - different story.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1700 on: October 26, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Another nice 1.22 video here from Daniel Tonks at Pinplay (www.pinplay.com), he provided the following comment with the video:

So, Jersey Jack Pinball’s got this snazzy new v1.22 software for The Wizard of Oz with tons of new stuff, and do you think I can record a decent game to save my life? Nope! The one really good game I had was spoiled by a freaky stuck ball in an impossible place that required removing the glass to get to! Agghhh!

I’m not done trying yet, but I thought I’d post the best of the worst for this morning. Which is indeed pretty bad, so don't take it out on the game! However, in this particular game I did manage to get all the way through There’s No Place Like Home for the first time ever, and there’s a match at the end of the game, so that’s something – but if you’re looking for new modes, they simply aren’t here. Well, I do start Weak Flippers... but there’s nothing much to see with that! Mostly you’ll be able to check out the changes made to regular gameplay, such as hurry-ups, Glinda, new audio, and new lightshows.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1701 on: October 27, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
And another of 1.22 by Daniel Tonks at Pinplay, lots of modes to see here (including reversed-flipper mode):

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1702 on: November 09, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
I notice that there will be an anniversary edition of woz with more toys and red trim

Only $9000

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1703 on: November 09, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
 Beginning of November, 40 years ago  "The Exorcist" was released and IMO still remains the scariest film ever made.
A much more worthy anniversary and a much better pinball title than WOZ.
I will laugh my tits off the day my pinball tells me " Your mother sucks c*cks in hell"... oh please.. someone do it!

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1704 on: November 09, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
Beginning of November, 40 years ago  "The Exorcist" was released and IMO still remains the scariest film ever made.
I will laugh my tits off the day my pinball tells me " Your mother sucks c*cks in hell"... oh please.. someone do it!

Scariest film ever made.....dunno about that but it is a great film for sure. A timeless classic.
Not a pinball theme I would be interested in though.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #1705 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:19 AM »

+1 Brilliant film. Caused widespread panic on it's opening nights because punters thought is was based on real events. "Scariest film of all time" - that deserves its own thread !

If JJP wanted this license then the game could be released to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the film (((
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #1706 on: November 09, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Beginning in November, 40 years ago, AC/DC were unleashed around Sydney pubs. 1973 was a devilishly good year.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #1707 on: November 09, 2013, 12:10:30 PM »

+1 Brilliant film. Caused widespread panic on it's opening nights because punters thought is was based on real events.

Scarred the crap out of me as a kid - was actually inspired by real events - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism_of_Roland_Doe
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #1708 on: November 09, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »

Two thumbs up for this post. Now I need to start a pinball company and make this a reality.
 %.%

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1709 on: November 09, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
Jeeeez nino if your spacie scared the kids i think therapy is a given if you came home with a game like that
Still loving my Metallica Premium