Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57166 times)

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Seems that way Nick .
I think he's out to prove a point to someone in the US ,(look out)
He got the right mix of talent around him to create a master piece .
Jack is also a collector and enjoys playing his pinballs , so I can only see him create an awesome machine .

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline ROWAN

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
Hi
Has anyone in Australia in particular Melbourne put down a deposit for one of these Oz pinballs. I am very interested and am wondering if there is anyway if we order a few as a group or say from "Aussie Pinball" members  from say Melbourne could we get them out here a bit cheaper?
Any ideas , would be keen to hear from anyone who has emailed Jack from Australia and what the response has been and if he gave you any idea of freight costs here.
Cheers

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »
Don't know of any other discounts to date other then the pre-order one , maybe others may know different ?
Other than that ,if we have enough orders  a container load maybe the way to go .Will save heaps.

Hey Mark how many Stern's NIB do you fit into a container  ?  I was told 24 can you verify this ?

Cheers Tony

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Don't know of any other discounts to date other then the pre-order one , maybe others may know different ?
Other than that ,if we have enough orders  a container load maybe the way to go .Will save heaps.

Hey Mark how many Stern's NIB do you fit into a container  ?  I was told 24 can you verify this ?

Cheers Tony

I think you are right
But I cannot see 24 people from Vic buying a WOz

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Even if it's half full it would still be cost effective .

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
I recon everyone on the forum would want one but can't afford one!  %.% %$%
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 11:46:20 PM »
 $#$mildflame will have one
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »
news to date

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all well.

I have blind-copied everyone who has already ordered a game with the $250.00 Refundable Deposit. It's getting too much for me to write everyone personally - sorry - that's a good thing though.

On 3/15/11 the next payment of $1,000.00 will be due. We will be in touch with all of you before then. You can pay using any credit card you like or via PayPal, etc. This helps you and this helps us too so Thank You!

Below is a very cool announcement that will be released to the public this Sunday. Chris Granner is an AMAZING TALENT! You all know that our Team and I want the very best for our company and for the games we will build. The very best in sound is Chris Granner. This game is going to be truly Special!

In the next week or so I have another few blockbuster announcements having to do with hardware/software and the parts we will use in our games. You will all be very pleased.....for sure.

This is a very exciting time for me and for all of us. I can tell you that our Team is working very hard with a lot of passion and dedication to create what we believe to be the very best game we can make.

I've included ordering info again at the bottom of this e mail in case you want to share with someone else. We are up over 300 games now Pre-Ordered! Imagine what will happen when we release some art and some playfield details - we expect the entire run of these 1,000 Emerald City Limited Edition games to sell out.

If you did not select a game number yet, please e mail katie@JerseyJackPinball.com with a few choices. People have picked numbers all over the place so there are many open at the moment.

We are all going to make our way around the World at Pinball Shows to promote Jersey Jack Pinball so chances are we will get to see you sometime sooner or later this year.

Thanks again and if you have any questions, suggestions, thoughts, call or e mail me as many of you have, we appreciate the support and encouragement.

Warmest Regards,

"Jersey" Jack

Chris Granner Joins the Team!
Chris Granner Joins Jersey Jack Pinball

Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. proudly announces that they have hired famed Sound Master Chris Granner to do their upcoming Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. His creative genius was present in so many great games including; The Addams Family, The Simpsons Pinball Party, Indiana Jones, White Water,  Twilight Zone, Cyclone, Lord of the Rings, Funhouse, and many more.

Chris said "I can't even tell you how excited I am to be a part of this team! When I heard  that Joe, then Jerry and then Dennis and Greg were involved, I was pretty impressed...when I heard it was going to be The Wizard of Oz, I was really impressed...and when I heard Keith Johnson would be programming, and what kind of a game was to be made, I thought, this is what I've been waiting for! A fabulous team, a Triple A license, a can-do, "rebel base" mentality -- sign me up!"

"Chris has been out of Pinball for over five years and this was a great opportunity to grab this brilliant talent and add him to our Team, I am thrilled." said Jersey Jack Guarnieri.

"There are SO many great songs and themes, and the characters are so vibrant. It's really amazing how this story has become part of our cultural backdrop, especially in recent years, having a new way to look at wicked witches. This is going to be a VERY special game, I'm very grateful to be a part of it, and I can't wait to get started!" continued Chris. 

About Chris 

Exposed to Bach, Beethoven and Chopin from birth by his organist/pianist father, Chris was singing 3-part harmony with his parents at age 2 (so says his mom anyway). He studied composition and electronic/computer music with Ben Johnston, Herbert Brun, Sal Martirano & Scott Wyatt at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, completing a B.M. and an M.F.A. in music composition. Chris's interest in computer music led him to the Northwestern University computer music lab, where he heard that Williams Electronics was searching for its first full-time composer. He took the position, and over a period of 18 years developed a presence as one of the leading composers in the pinball & coin-op video game industry. Since leaving Williams/Bally/Midway to create CGmusic, Chris has become the leading composer in pinball today, and is consistently sought to compose music and design soundtracks for coin-op and console games, television advertising spots and other interactive media. Recently he designed the soundtrack and directed voiceover asset creation for the X-Box title Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, and composed music and post-produced audio for the cut-scenes for that Studio Gigante / Microsoft title. Although fascinated by all types of music and known for his ability to bestow the "cg touch" on any musical style, Chris especially enjoys all styles of classical music from Gregorian Chant to John Cage, as well as both types of music - country/western AND bluegrass.

About Us

Veteran arcade industry figure Jack Guarnieri has been in the amusement industry since 1975 when he began by servicing electro-mechanical pinball machines. Since then he has been involved in all sides of the industry, from developing amusement centers, to residential sales, to manufacturing.

Jack is the President and CEO of Elaut USA, Inc. which operates thousands of amusement games and related attractions nationwide in major Amusement and Theme Parks, (www.elautusa.com). Jack founded PinballSales.com in 1999 which boasts over 12,000 loyal customers.

Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is a separate company from Elaut USA, Inc. and it was founded because of a need that Jack saw in the industry for premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. Jersey Jack Pinball's first release will be The Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition Pinball Machine, scheduled for release within the next year.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
Sure is plenty going on with the project, thanks fot the update.

When are they announcing they are using licensed WPC system?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 06:29:48 PM »
and even more good news.....

February 21,2011--Back Alley Creations', Matt Riesterer, has joined the Jersey Jack Pinball team as a modeling artist. Matt has been a customer/friend of Jersey Jack Guarnieri for many years and has has created many high-end custom after market items for pinball machines. Matt has been exclusively contracted to do the toys and models for the upcoming Wizard of Oz pinball as well as for future JJP games. "Matt's amazing work is a result of his talent, dedication and passion and I'm truly happy he has joined us in our efforts to create the best games possible," said Jersey Jack. Matt will use his exceptional talent to focus on the details of the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

"This is an awesome dream come true for me. I could think of no other person who I would rather do this with than Jack. He has assembled an amazing team of people and being part of this is an honor!" exclaimed Matt.

The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine will incorporate many new design elements that will need to be created and sculpted. Matt's creativity and experience along with input from other members of the Jersey Jack Pinball Team will insure that this game and other games to follow, will be unique in design and attention to detail. They are all working to create something very special.

For more information about JJP and the addition of other team members see other features on this page or visit JJP by clicking HERE. For more info on Back Alley Creations click HERE

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
just found this on RGP
from Jack
Thanks Chuck......that Pusher cost a fortune to engineer, it was 3+
years in the making and costs a fortune to build. But again, cost is
relative to earnings....It makes a boatload of money, it's a six
player game too. See we get to make money once on the sale while the
ops get to make money on it every day. That's why it's nice to be
involved in every facet of the industry as we are.
You are correct that at $6500 - at pre-order price - while it is a lot
of money - there will be very thin profit on the first 1,000 games. We
have a lot of cost in design, engineering, tooling,
etc...etc...etc.....BUT - The next 5,000+ regular games, that's at a
lower price in BOM and a lower sale price too but still wonderful
stuff......  Joe Balcer designed TSPP - that sold 10,000 units. Dennis
Nordman designed POTC, that sold 7,000 units. I have BOTH of them and
Keefer & Co. working on ONE GAME right now. I've basically reassembled
Williams+ so we feel pretty good about what we are working on. Then
there's game #2 and game #3 and so on.
We have no competition as I see it. We are building a completely
different product than any other company. You will not see these games
in Costco or Sears or online sold by every hardware store and butcher
shop. There is room for both companies, hopefully one more too.
I'm happy that our entry into the pinball business has facilitated so
many people to become employed again. As I said a couple of years ago,
I'm not going to participate in the Recession....I'm doing my
part...... Thanks,  Jack

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 08:06:29 AM »
New News to hand    WOW 26"LCD

Dear Pinball Fan: 

We have been making great progress on the design on the Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz.

The playfield layout is complete and the design team is starting to build the whitewood as well as begin the design of the unique mechanisms and model the toys that will become this wonderful game. 

We are using a 26" widescreen Commercial LCD in the backbox which will display the beautiful backglass art that Jerry VanderStelt is working on right now. 

The team and I are meeting next week in Chicago. After that I expect to be able to report much more details to you. 

In response to many customer's requests and because we will need more lead time to release parts to our Vendors to begin production, we have changed the payment schedule as follows: 

$1000 - On or before 3/15/11 - Fully Refundable - Can Pay Now

$1000  - On or before 6/15/11 - Fully Refundable

8/1/11 - Order is Confirmed and Reserved as a Special Order - we had to move this date to get a firm game count in order to give our Vendors enough time to produce parts if we are to begin building games late this year.

$1000 - On or before 9/15/11   

$500 - On or before 10/15/11 - Customers asked for this

$500 - On or before 11/15/11 - Customers asked for this

$2250 - On or before 12/15/11 as production begins

Click Here To make your Payment

Please note, if you have already made your payment for March 15th, your next payment is not due until 6/15/11   

If you would like to make payments another way or have any questions just e mail me at Jack@JerseyJackPinball.com or call me directly Toll Free at 800-473-JACK

This deposit is perhaps for a few "the hardest"....after all, you have not "seen" anything yet. You do know my reputation and track record. You also know the same about our Team, Joe Balcer, Dennis Nordman, Keith Johnson, Jerry VanderStelt, Greg Freres, Chris Granner, Jim Thornton, Matt Reisterer + More to come.

The www.JerseyJackPinball.com web site is being built and will be up shortly and you will be able to follow what's happening as it develops.

Thanks again for your continued confidence in us and your Good Wishes. We are all working to make this happen for you! The suggestions and advice are appreciated as well.

Talk soon, Jack