Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57130 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
LOL- i think it looks great! Its nice and bright, very vivid.. in attract mode the LCD screen will pull the punters in.
Love the emerald green legs too.. that machine will stand out like dogs bollox on site.
I gotta give it the definate thumbs up!!  ^^^ ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Are the "armchair criticisms" and "untalented critics" you refer to those in this thread? If so, I think such comments on the thoughts of members in a pinball discussion forum are ill considered at best, and rude at worst.

Hehe. I don't know if it's just late (for me) or what, but this strikes me funny as hell because by simply saying that, you walked right into it and did exactly the same thing - admittedly directed toward a lone gunman, but still... a forum member nonetheless.

Sorry if this feels prickly as that is not my intention at all. It just struck my funny bone. !^!
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
I wish the project all the best, but the theme still does nothing for me.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »

... this strikes me funny as hell because by simply saying that, you walked right into it and did exactly the same thing - admittedly directed toward a lone gunman, but still... a forum member nonetheless.

Walk right into it would mean it was done by accident. Quite the contrary, using similar language was exactly the intention.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

Calm down peeps - we need to be respectful of each other. Play the ball, not the man !

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »

... Play the ball, not the man !

Exactly. The ball here is the artwork, and those that wish to voice their comments about the artwork are entitled.

No need to "play the man" with insulting comments about being "untalented critics"!! 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
The fact that people are discussing this pinball with passion shows that Jersey Jack has done a great job so far. I dont remember a recent STERN that got so many people involved/discussing the title.

I want to see my mum who is 68 yrs old play this machine, I reckon my mum will have a blast. Just to see mum's face playing WOZ will be worth buying the machine. It will all be a bonus after that.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »
The fact that people are discussing this pinball with passion shows that Jersey Jack has done a great job so far. I dont remember a recent STERN that got so many people involved/discussing the title.

I want to see my mum who is 68 yrs old play this machine, I reckon my mum will have a blast. Just to see mum's face playing WOZ will be worth buying the machine. It will all be a bonus after that.  ^^^ ^^^

Rolling Stones was bashed from pillar to post. A horrible game. Ironman was a GREAT title that Stern got right. There will always be a difference of opinion. I'm GLAD Jersey Jack Pinball are on the scene and I look forward to whatever title they do next. Wizard of Oz is just a bad theme.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
I wish the project all the best, but the theme still does nothing for me.

+1   dont know anything about Wizard of OZ. Never had anything to do with it.
Asked my mum if I seen it as a kid and her reply... no you sisters probably did.

Got TRON and then the Transformers movies out at the video store to grasp
the theme of the machines (money well spent). Cant see myself doing that for
this machine

Hope it is a good player though for the sake of pinball...

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »
I reckon it will be a goer one way or the other.
It's either freaking great and sets up JJ as the gun new player in pinball and becomes a real collectors item....or it's a great flop and it still becomes a collectors item.
I am still unsold on this title...missus like the look of it but to me it looks ummmm welllll...green vomit springs to mind.
I'd play one if there is one sited....doubt that though....but I have no desire to hunt one down.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »
heres a question,

what about when pre-orders were being put in for Big Bang Bar ? what was the purchase price of that machine, did everyone think it was a unusual/bad theme ? what are these machines worth now, how many were produced ? maybe WOZ will be just like that title.  !@#  I would have to get Nick's(pinnies4me) opinion here since he owns one i believe.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »

... Play the ball, not the man !

Exactly. The ball here is the artwork, and those that wish to voice their comments about the artwork are entitled.

No need to "play the man" with insulting comments about being "untalented critics"!!  

i think we forget that untallented critics are the ones who are the consumers, and weather untalented or not they have to like something to part with their money. nothing personal was ment in what I said and was not directed at any body, any one is entitled to disagree with what i and others have said, thats cool because i hate the theme and the art work on the cab, some will love it for sure, but also as i stated i hope they do good as the more companies making good pinballs the better. my only concern is they have targeted only those who are already into pinball over trying to bring younger people into pinball. just ask a teen if they would be more interested in woz or avatar and see which one they would pick. ps i hated the movie avatar but it made sense making a pinball for it. i wish some one would however make a none movie theme, and think of some cool original theme, pinball makers need to start getting new people into pinball, because they are failing imo and it seems to be only selling to homes. i recon i would be the only shop on the sunshine coast with a pinball in my store, and almost every person who talks to me about it thinks no one makes pinball machines any more. with comments like, eg "oh i loved playing pinball when i was a kid, i wish they still made these things" . lol and they are surprised when i tell them they are still being made.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:28:29 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »

i think we forget that untallented critics are the ones who are the consumers, and weather untalented or not they have to like something to part with their money.

Bingo. You are 100% right of course - it doesn't take artistic talent to like something, and having an opinion on the artwork on a pinball machine shouldn't get you criticised by self-proclaimed artistic experts.

Anyone want to say that artwork doesn't matter should buy themselves a Shadow and have good gameplay and they can also enjoy having Alex Baldwin looking down at them like he's just sucked a lemon or taken one for the team.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »
heres a question,

what about when pre-orders were being put in for Big Bang Bar ? what was the purchase price of that machine, did everyone think it was a unusual/bad theme ? what are these machines worth now, how many were produced ? maybe WOZ will be just like that title.  !@#  I would have to get Nick's(pinnies4me) opinion here since he owns one i believe.

Very different situation Brett. BBB existed in 13 (well 12 left) protos that many had played in the 10 years after Capcom shut. It's status grew to be legendary, so when the repro run was announced it was jumped on by enthusiasts.

WOz could very well become collectable given the apparently well-accepted theme in the US, but I suspect it will be some years down the track. And if they went up in value and JJP was still producing games, like Stern with LotR, they might do another run (licenses permitting) devaluing the original run.