Author Topic: Distroying Pinball Machines just for fun.  (Read 423 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Distroying Pinball Machines just for fun.
« on: February 07, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »
I found this clip on You-Tube from a place called TNT Amusements. From the top of a building these crazy people Pushed 5. Pinball machines to there death ^.^ :-(  As they where not good enough to be sold to the public. Some people would have paid them a fair bit of money to buy them or to restore or maybe for parts alone.
I don’t care about the video games that where destroyed but the Pinballs I do.  ^&^
What’s you’re thoughts on this?

Arcade Video Games & Pinball Machines Destroyed! TNT Amusements
&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:13:17 AM by PinPal »

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Re: Distroying Pinball Machines just for fun.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:43 AM »
And I found this from the same place, throwing a Black Knight of the rooftop to! ^.^  Unreal!!! My prized pinball is a Black Knight.....

TNT Amusements Infomercial Part 8 - Reason 10 & One Day Rentals
&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:17:19 PM by PinPal »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:42:35 AM »
WHO THE HELL GIVES THIS PERSON THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WEATHER A PIN IS TO BE DESTROYED.... ^.^ !!@
I have many negative things i would like about this guy but I won't because they are that bad the moderators would have to remove them.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:31:19 AM »
I think these guys have been watching American Chopper.. thats the sort of shit THEY did on their show  !!@ !!@ !!@ !!@

what a complete and utter WASTE, even if they were beyond repair these morons wasted a LOT of what would've been usable parts. i reckon someone ought to throw these guys off the roof  !*! !*!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »
There was quite a bit of controversy on RGP about those videos recently. Arguments like "They are his to destroy", "Why not sell as projects" etc. Personally, I think just about all games are savable if enough effort goes in, so no good reason to destroy - even bits are useful for other games, cabinets to restore other games with serious damage etc, but I suppose he wanted to demonstrate he will only sell games of a certain standard. Can't say I disagree with his sentiment, but I can't say I see what he did as appealing to me or any other hobbyist.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »
Can't get you tube at work .  But I don't think you will like my video then.   But mine was staged with no real usable parts just search for pinball shooting Aussie style I think it's called

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »

It is a shame that TNT posted these videos, as I found their "Understanding Pinball" videos very informational and interesting.

But these videos will hopefully hurt their business, as NO-ONE likes to see this kind of rubbish. I cannot see any logic behind throwing perfectly good machines off a building. There is no reason why this should be done. I've seen worse container pins than the ones thrown off the building. Complete tossers !

As for the Black Knight video - I love Todd's comment -

"not up to our expectations of quality, and we will have to dispose of it"

What kind of idiot is this person ? What it proves is simply that his company does not have the level of expertise to restore or recondition these games. Even in 1996, someone would have paid $100 for this game. Surely there's better ways to advertise your business ? maybe showcase a poor machine's restoration ?

All this dick head is proving is that he is an arrogant moron !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
Apart from being wasteful and stupid, doing something like this would probably be illegal.
Throwing heavy items Pinball or otherwise off a building roof with no safety barriers would land anyone in Aus in jail.
I doubt these guys even had a permit to do this, and besides now the twits have to go clean up the mess.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »
Apart from being wasteful and stupid, doing something like this would probably be illegal.
Throwing heavy items Pinball or otherwise off a building roof with no safety barriers would land anyone in Aus in jail.
I doubt these guys even had a permit to do this, and besides now the twits have to go clean up the mess.

Exactly.

The time taken to put legs on the machines, cart them up on top of the building, stuff around with setting up a video camera and then the cleanup would have been the same as parting them out. Why not place them in the yard with a big sign "Free Pinball" ?

I notice the negative comments on the youtube video have been removed and comments are now disabled. There's also a thread on the RGVC which has the same theme.

I thought Pinball was about "preservation".  !@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
WTF. I couldnt watch the end of it.

I know pinball and video games are inanimate objects and as such are not living things ( Im sure there are members here who will disagree *%* ) but throwing a machine off a building is so sad considering how much fun they have given people over the years.

I dont see why they couldn't have done a basic resto on it and donated it to the local childrens hospital. I'm sure such a gesture would have resulted in increased business for them .

Nuckledraggers!!!

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
I could only watch it to about halfway before I stopped it .

These guys are an absolute bunch of   !!@ .

When I first started watching it I thought surely the machines are empty / parted out etc. and it was a set-up (similar to Daniel's vid) . But no they were pretty much complete but now useless .

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »
Nuckledraggers!!!

+1, about sums it up
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »
Dickheads, what a waste, if they wanted to get rid of them they could have donated them to a local orphanage or childrens hospital, do something charitable instead of proving what wankers they are  !!@

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »
Look on the plus side, now everyone does know what wankers they are!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
I was hoping that one of the idiots on the roof slipped and went down with the pinball machines.

Some people think that showing off is the way to go, but unfortunately, all these guys did was show the world what a batch of tools they were !

There were alot of great re-usable parts on all of that stuff.

If u want to tell the world that you dont sell crap, just tell the world exactly that, you dont need to climb on a roof and piss off half of the pinball/arcade community !  &^&
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !