Author Topic: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009  (Read 17442 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
Sounds like I should be able to make it, will finalise arrangements this week. Looks like I have some friends who live within reasonable distance of the venue so will be able to catch up with them on the same trip. I guess I will fly in, sounds easy enough.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
I spent about 1 hour with Mike Shalhoub today and all he wanted to talk about was this Expo - he was so excited for Rian.

He is talking about getting some of the LEGENDS in from the USA next Expo - including Wayne Neyens and others.  $%$

This will be a blast - really looking forward to it.

How many sleeps?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:55:37 PM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2009, 05:20:01 AM »
Will be good if some Aussie Pinball caps could be done before the Expo. I am sure that these would be well supported here. One of the banners could be used as the artwork. We could pay for them before the expo and pick them up from Gavin's stall (assuming he will be ok with this).
Sounds like Gavin's stall is going to be busy - are you going to have lockers for us to use Gavin? :lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:20:16 AM by tonyt »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
A quick google says that we can get caps printed under $15; depending on who you use there are minimum order quantities (eg 50 or 100). Some places that are more expensive will allow you to order lower quantities.

I think you would go with the AUSSIEPINBALL.COM wording as per the banners - I imagine this would look quite effective as yellow on a darker colour.

If Gavin is in agreement then picking them up from his stall is a great idea - saves on the hassle of organising delivery beforehand. It would be sensible to implement some sort of basic ID check (like driver's licence).

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »
Gavin has access to a guy who does this sort of thing but I know Gavin is flat chat at the moment with work commitments. Gavin, if you read this, do you know roughly how much your guy would charge to do these caps?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:48 AM »
Gavin has access to a guy who does this sort of thing but I know Gavin is flat chat at the moment with work commitments. Gavin, if you read this, do you know roughly how much your guy would charge to do these caps?

Im not sure if he does caps - i did talk to him about it, but cant remember what the reply was!

I do know though that there are 2 ways to do this - one is to have them printed and the other is embroidered. Obviously embroidery looks much better, but most places charge to have the design put on file in the first place. When i had my work shirts done this cost $90 even though i gave them the seperate files for each colour - wont be doing that again.
 Theres plenty of places around that do this - competition is stiff and so shopping around a bit pays off in the end.
 Is no problem to get them done at this end - in fact would make sense if members would be picking them up from the stall as ill ship them with the rest of the goodies im taking down.
Ill make a call tomorow - i know a couple of places that do this stuff and will get a price on say 50 off embroidered and pinted.

If Gavin is in agreement then picking them up from his stall is a great idea - saves on the hassle of organising delivery beforehand. It would be sensible to implement some sort of basic ID check (like driver's licence).

Ach - you guys would be easy to identify...youre the friendly lot!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »
Im spewing i cant make it so i hope there will be lots of picture taking??? (Please)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
Im spewing i cant make it so i hope there will be lots of picture taking??? (Please)

You bet Daniel,

Have just recently bought a new Nikon and she will be getting a workout!

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
Who's driving or wants to drive with me from Melbourne?
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »

What do you reckon the cost will be? I am prepared to consider it.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »
Great to hear thanks Tony looking forward to the update

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »

Well I can fit four people comptably in my car.  So if we can find four people and divy up petrol costs 4 -5 tanks fuel + accomodation?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2009, 01:06:41 AM »

Well I can fit four people comptably in my car.  So if we can find four people and divy up petrol costs 4 -5 tanks fuel + accomodation?

I've already got accommodation sorted for free (staying with friends). 5 tanks at $60 per tank is $300 so even if only two of us it is $150 each, still significantly cheaper than flying + public transport to get into Sydney proper + airport parking fees. Would you be planning on leaving Friday morning?

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »

Yes if I go, would leave Friday Morning
I've already got accommodation sorted for free (staying with friends). 5 tanks at $60 per tank is $300 so even if only two of us it is $150 each, still significantly cheaper than flying + public transport to get into Sydney proper + airport parking fees. Would you be planning on leaving Friday morning?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »
Well let me know ASAP as I can get some cheapish airfares right now if you aren't driving.

Any other takers for the Dean-mobile???