Author Topic: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009  (Read 14827 times)

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
Re: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »
If this gets pinheads from all states of Aus together in the one place then it's a good thing.
Looking forward to meeting guys i've only previously had contact with on the net.
Still a few months away yet.....see how it develops

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »
There is another being organised by another Ryan - please note the difference in spelling and please note that the 2 are not linked - in other words there are 2 being organised - this one though being THE major one

Are you sure about that? I am led to believe there is only 1 Expo being organised, in Sydney in May.

Ryan's post from AA:

Tony,

Your quick on the draw! lol

I was going to make a post 2 mins ago about this but you beat me too it. Sorry i temp removed and then checked with Rian and then removed his number etc.

I am moving this to the news section and will make it a sticky thread.

Everyone,

Aussie Arcade will be supporting this event and I will be assisting with organising it.

!@#

Matthew

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2009, 10:03:04 AM »
Why don't we let Nino check it out for us rather than speculate and see what the go is?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »
Glad its back on track, we should all be getting behind this sort of thing and keeping our love for this hobby alive.

Melbourne Guys, whose flying and whos driving?  Do you wish to organise accomodation at the same place?  What about an AP get together on Saturday night?

Only 105 more sleeps! <.>

Dean, if you don't want to come in the Mirthmobile, fine, but stop trying to get people on the plane with you!

Brad Pitt I will come in the Mirthmobile only if you set up a generator in the trailer and I ride in the trailer on the way up so I can play Coconut Island *%*  That will leave you room for 12 others in the car :lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
Brad Pitt I will come in the Mirthmobile only if you set up a generator in the trailer and I ride in the trailer on the way up so I can play Coconut Island *%*  That will leave you room for 12 others in the car :lol

You are more than welcome Dean, in fact Angie is just collecting up the extension leads. Don't have a generator but I think I can get the lead long enough. Tell you what, we'll tie it to your ankle near the end so you can sing out when  it nearly runs out. Good idea?

Sincerely,
Brrad
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »
shit...nothing like a bit of pressure eh !    ^&^
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:57 AM »
Dean,

I reckon that Coconut Island pin needs a topper - maybe this could be your ride there?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2009, 10:36:02 AM »
Dean,

I reckon that Coconut Island pin needs a topper - maybe this could be your ride there?

Too late, Dean has been added

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »
I cant wait for this!!! Looking forward to meeting all you guys so we can talk sh!t and pins

$#$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009 Thread Fixed
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »
Almost 9000 thread before the first "brain explosion" on AP. We have all been civil up to this stage, but there have been too many concerns about the direction the thread is heading, so it has been cleaned up. I've deleted posts that don't belong on this forum, and responses quoting the said posts (including Admin posts).

There is a little too much speculation going on around this event, and not all the facts are on the table. Until then, lets keep the thread on track !

Two points have been made clear to me over the last 24 hours from three different sources;

Rian Gledson is not related to Michael Shalhoub

The "Pinball Expo 2009", is being organized by Rian Gledson (No other Rian or Ryan)

AP representation will be from Restopin (Gavin), with his Restoration Stall, PSP (markC) and there will be more news as the dust settles. Pinball Enthusiasts from right around Australia should participate and promote this event.

A "friendly" reminder - This thread is about the Pinball Expo.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:20:29 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
Dean,

It should have a topper, similar to Fish Tales.  This one shoud be a Coconut Tree and when you get a free game as the "CRACK" sounds a coconut falls from the tree. #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
Sorry guys, already has a topper. It's cool too - in certain modes there grass "streamers" that flutter off the back (little system controlled fan).

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »
comon Nick... you need someone to drive the mirth-mobile

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
comon Nick... you need someone to drive the mirth-mobile
You volunteering Chuck??

Great News

Chuck is bringing Nucore to Sydney Expo!!!   #*# #*# #*#

What a coup!!!!!

(Only joking!!!!)

Offline Peach

• Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »

You are more than welcome Dean, in fact Angie is just collecting up the extension leads. Don't have a generator but I think I can get the lead long enough. Tell you what, we'll tie it to your ankle near the end so you can sing out when  it nearly runs out. Good idea?

Sincerely,
Brrad

Brad,I`ll just put my shoes on and get those extra long extension leads for you  &&
 Angie  %$%
Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)