Author Topic: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009  (Read 17341 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Sydney Pinball Expo 2009
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
Is there a real need to know right now? Isn't it enough to know there will be an expo on the 9th and 10th May? Even if we found out all the fine details 1 month out from the event I think is acceptable. You have to understand the complexities involved in setting up an event like this to appreciate that the numbers cannot be calculated until all the details come together. Things like insurance costs, power capabilities of the hall, number of stalls it can hold etc. The auction I imagine will attract sellers right up until the start date. How can you know now what machines will be present?

We have just got news about this event so I guess the retailers are still working out if they will attend or not. There are a lot of unknowns still outside of Rian's control so I'm not sure he's in a position yet to give out detailed info. Be patient, it will come.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2009, 02:58:06 PM »
having it on mothersday may not be great, but maybe mum would like a pin instead of slippers?
lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
I think the idea for an Expo has really excited everyone to the point where we will be counting the sleeps shortly. There are many questions that need to be asked, but I think that there is so much logistical planning involved that it would be impossible to scope out what will be done, and what is impractical.

It is GREAT to see all the questions posted, as Rian will be reading them and I'm sure he is taking notes and what pinheads WANT to see there.

So keep the questions coming, but don't expect to have them all answered by yesterday  %.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »
One thing I would suggest to everyone is do your best to bring machines for play. Any pinball shows here in the states have been successful because lots of hobbyist bring their own machines for play. Our Expo in Chicago would be almost nothing without the machines people bring. Someone actually started a show in Kalamazoo about 6 years ago and it's been more successful every year due to more people helping out and bringing machines. Because in the end people don't come to these things for seminars or dinners they come for parts and most importantly to play pinball.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »
Right on Chuck,

Rian can't expect to supply all the pins - have pledged 2 of mine for starters!

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
Is there a real need to know right now? Isn't it enough to know there will be an expo on the 9th and 10th May? Even if we found out all the fine details 1 month out from the event I think is acceptable. You have to understand the complexities involved in setting up an event like this to appreciate that the numbers cannot be calculated until all the details come together. Things like insurance costs, power capabilities of the hall, number of stalls it can hold etc. The auction I imagine will attract sellers right up until the start date. How can you know now what machines will be present?

We have just got news about this event so I guess the retailers are still working out if they will attend or not. There are a lot of unknowns still outside of Rian's control so I'm not sure he's in a position yet to give out detailed info. Be patient, it will come.

I am very excited about this Expo, but with the limited details it makes booking flights & accommodation a bit of a worry. I don't need a huge amount of information, but at the moment it seems like the Expo is still touch and go. I just want to make sure the Expo is definitely happening before committing my money & time to travelling to Sydney. All of the other details (machines, sponsors, auctions etc) can be a surprise as far as I am concerned.

Matthew

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »
I understand that the logistics would be a nightmare............. I would prefer the expo to be held at a later date if it meant that we had more than 1 months notice with details before the event. Not everyone can make plans to have time off work with only a months notice. I have already spoken to some fellow vics and all of us are keen to go, just waiting on some details,as mentioned above, before we book flights and accommodation.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2009, 06:55:48 PM »
I understand that the logistics would be a nightmare............. I would prefer the expo to be held at a later date if it meant that we had more than 1 months notice with details before the event. Not everyone can make plans to have time off work with only a months notice. I have already spoken to some fellow vics and all of us are keen to go, just waiting on some details,as mentioned above, before we book flights and accommodation.

Dave - Thinking about bringing "Pinball Magic" and "Diamond Lady"  &&

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2009, 07:27:51 PM »
Bally Bazaar loaded & ready to go
Millsy
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
I think we just need to sit on our hands a little longer  ( how many sleeps Nino)
and I'm sure Rian  or Tony will release the info as soon as  it comes to hand.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
I think we just need to sit on our hands a little longer  ( how many sleeps Nino)
and I'm sure Rian  or Tony will release the info as soon as  it comes to hand.

Around 100 I reckon !

Start thinking about Christmas, and the Expo will be here before you know it !!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
No details are clear yet - how big is my stall? do i have power? Where the hell am i gonna sleep when im down there? etc etc.

Everything will get sorted.....  but if you are coming from interstate then id suggest you sort out accomodation ASAP. Judging by the posts on AA - id say plenty of people have already booked flights.

Ill be driving down with Stuba and the van packed in the back - depending on the van i hire ( trust me - it works out cheaper than taking mine) we MAY have room for another QLDer to come with us - also splitting the driving 3 ways will be much more like fun. Only rule is no KISS to be played on the CD player and no Chisel...LOL!!!

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05:43 PM »
No details are clear yet - how big is my stall? do i have power? Where the hell am i gonna sleep when im down there? etc etc.

Everything will get sorted.....  but if you are coming from interstate then id suggest you sort out accomodation ASAP. Judging by the posts on AA - id say plenty of people have already booked flights.

Ill be driving down with Stuba and the van packed in the back - depending on the van i hire ( trust me - it works out cheaper than taking mine) we MAY have room for another QLDer to come with us - also splitting the driving 3 ways will be much more like fun. Only rule is no KISS to be played on the CD player and no Chisel...LOL!!!

what no KISS... !@#

I'd rather walk..

$#$

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2009, 09:09:24 PM »
Nothing but "God Save The Queen" all the way!....

......The PISTOLS version!

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody all the way just like WW lol... javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:37:10 PM by Geoffh »