Author Topic: Misleading title?  (Read 436 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Misleading title?
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
Maybe I am too picky, but leaving out the word "challenge" here seems odd to be an error by a so called expert. Is it coincidental that there's a desireable game called World Cup Soccor and this one, somewhat less desirable game?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au:80/WORLD-SOCCER-PINBALL-MACHINE-FULLY-SERVICED-ONLY-1395-/260776548977?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3cb77e5a71&autoredirect=off#ht_1593wt_689
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Re: Misleading title?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
Did he call it a "late model pinball" ????
ok whatever its only 1994?
17 years old???
Yea late model pinball ^.^ 
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »
It's more leaving out the word "Challenge" that bothers me.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »
My guess is its a typo Nick .
He does have it at the start of the description "1994  Gottlieb World Challenge Soccer  pinball machine"

Tony is passionate about Pinball and in my opinion is an honest seller. I have met him a couple of times now.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »
Description is accurate and the price is fair.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:29:57 PM »
I have purchased machines from Tony/Pinball Shed several times. Top bloke. He was always very pleasant to my wife and kids and looked after us with various machine purchases. I always found him to be completely honest.
The photo on the ebay listing clearly shows that the machine is a Gottlieb and not a Williams. Perhaps some inexperienced people on ebay who dont have any pins might not know the difference between the different models but the photos clear it up no probs.

The only gripe i ever had was that too many pinball collectors/restorers up here in QLD have their names down for anything in the "next container" which drove their prices up compared to Melbourne. I do note, that the Flinstones he has listed looks real good.  ^^^
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:46:03 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

I'd say it was an honest mistake.

Compared to other dealers, a small one at that. Not like the "ramps have been polished" on an 1970's Bally  %.% %.%

I have purchased machines from Tony/Pinball Shed several times. Top bloke. He was always very pleasant to my wife and kids and looked after us with various machine purchases. I always found him to be completely honest.
The photo on the ebay listing clearly shows that the machine is a Gottlieb and not a Williams. Perhaps some inexperienced people on ebay who dont have any pins might not know the difference between the different models but the photos clear it up no probs.

The only gripe i ever had was that too many pinball collectors/restorers up here in QLD have their names down for anything in the "next container" which drove their prices up compared to Melbourne. I do note, that the Flinstones he has listed looks real good.  ^^^

Should drive the price DOWN, not UP. Straight out of a container should be cheaper, unless you Queenslanders work on a different economy  :D
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:44 PM »
Don't think it is misleading - honest description and very fair price. 1994 is a late model machine, ignoring the new Sterns of course.

Have purchased pinballs from Tony in the past and will purchase from him in the future. One of the good guys in the industry, with very fair prices and honest descriptions.

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:48:04 AM »
Agree totally with tonyT !
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:51:02 AM by oldpins »