Author Topic: WHICH PINBALLS BETTER FUN  (Read 693 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
WHICH PINBALLS BETTER FUN
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:10 PM »
I've owned both a FT and now have a WCS94 but not sure which machine I like better I'm thinking of selling the WCS and buying another FT but I truly cannot decide which machine I'd rather own just as a side note I do prefer a few more rules in my machines any ideas guys?

Peter @.@

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Re: WHICH PINBALLS BETTER FUN
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »
I havent played either, FT I think you mean Fish Tales and I would say thats better than WCS (World Cup Soccer?) but if I were a soccer fan I would proberly say WCS but as a pinball person... FISHTALES :lol
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
I vote for FISHTALES.

Just a really cool pin with a great topper, great playfield lights n colours, good game to play.
Also, u can add LEDS which give the green and reds a massive boost, and there are brand new cabinet decals available. Fun video mode and great audio. Fun x 10.
Given there are plenty of parts avail, and u can make the machine look like new with cabinet decals, its a winner.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
Pete,

If Fish Tales didn't do it for you last time, not sure if it will this time around...

Hmm..What about a TZ? 

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
No doubt, WCS94 shits all over FT, deeper rules, more shots, better ramps, cooler toys, goalie and soccer ball, magnets, return of the rollovers, more fun overall.
I get bored with the repetative FT shots and just cant get into it, FT just doesnt keep my attention very long unfortunately

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Buy something else.  ..... Whiewater or the Shadow are around the same price and deep rulesets

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
Peter,

As Matt said...

WCS shits all over FT IMO. Fun, fast and deep.

FT to me is in the same league as SFII, SMB which is slow and boring. No offense to anyone but i do not rate Fishtales at all.

I have extensively played a friends FT just to see what the machine has to offer. Yep after a billion games, NOTHING !

Most boring dmd Ive played, and btw i don't mind fishing so its not the theme.

As Marty has mentioned if it hasn't kept you keen before im not sure it will into the future.
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
Buy something else.  ..... Whiewater or the Shadow are around the same price and deep rulesets

I have a White Water and love it now that has a nice rule set and she's a keeper ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
Pete,

If Fish Tales didn't do it for you last time, not sure if it will this time around...

Hmm..What about a TZ? 

Yeah Marty that does play on my mind as it didn't do it for me last time but the weird thing is I miss it but not sure why maybe the bright colors as Brett said and the fun music hmmmm TZ maybe thats a option is that game fast enough though? man I still love my Twister as the speed and action still blows me away.

Peter

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
Peter,

As Matt said...

WCS shits all over FT IMO. Fun, fast and deep.

FT to me is in the same league as SFII, SMB which is slow and boring. No offense to anyone but i do not rate Fishtales at all.

I have extensively played a friends FT just to see what the machine has to offer. Yep after a billion games, NOTHING !

Most boring dmd Ive played, and btw i don't mind fishing so its not the theme.

As Marty has mentioned if it hasn't kept you keen before im not sure it will into the future.

Haha, Thats odd coz I really like SMB and SFII, Yes they are a slow game but they are Gottliebs and have tricky shots. (I have completed a Bally and nearly a Data East and got all Jackpots, Multiballs and modes but never a gottlieb, Just saying <.> )
I cant say anything for the gameplay because I have never played a fishtales and only once played a WCS94.
I do like the topper and colours on Fishtales as for nearly all Williams...
I guess it also depends on how skilled player you are && , meaning are you interested in looks or long hard gameplay??
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 08:45:20 PM »
Pete,
Go and play 20 different pins. Thats the best way to pick something after a whack of different games. Or find someone local and visit their collection.
TZ is nice, but is it fast enough.? Pricey as well, but a definate looker. What about Getaway High Speed 2, a nice pin. The other guys who have one could rate it better than i for speed and fun.

There are so many games in the $2000 to $2500 bracket. Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt, Frankenstein. Lots to pick from.  ^^^

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:13:20 PM by Admin »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »

You have two "fun" games that compliment each other.

Unfortunately, the two games that IMHO are at the top of my "fun" list (DMD wise) are Scared Stiff and Circus Voltaire. CV are simply too expensive to be a realistic option. Scared Stiff is a lot cheaper, and change hands for $4000 ish. Still expensive, but you already have the two cheaper "fun" games.

Don't limit yourself yourself to Bally / Williams.

Jurassic Park is as good as Adam's Family, if not better. It has the best "toy" on just about any game.

Tales From the Crypt is the "funniest" game I've played, and it is a GOOD playing game.

Maybe consider looking at pinballs that have depreciated over the last 12 months ? Funhouse is a perfect example - $3200 will buy a decent machine.

Stern also have GREAT titles. I was going to suggest Striker Extreme - but you already have a Soccar themed game. T3 is a KILLER game - rulest is not too deep but HARD to complete.

Looking  at a "deeper ruleset" basically rules out anything in the early 80's, but somethink like a Black Knight or a Black Hole are challenging, depending on your mood.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »
Give a TZ a go but read up on the rules and play it for 2-3 hours non stop. It's my favourite but I can tell you I hated it a the first time. Seemed like a drain feind and flipping for no reason and so I gave up after 3 very quick games. The next time I played and my intention was to buy anyways I played for about 4.5 hours and thought it might be ok. Now I'd consider owning two, a bit like a jag cars - one to drive while the other gets fixed  %.%

IMO I think if you want to speed up any game just have a steeper incline. that should do the job even on renown slow games.

Another method I found to increase the difficulty of any game is have way too many drinks. By then even 60's EM games get too complex in rule sets for me @@*
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
If you want a fast game, I'd go for a HS2, not super deep, but good modes, accessable for noobs visiting, but also a challenge for you, you still need to work to get redline mania. 
Coolest pf toy (until recently, love the mini pinball on FG)  Whats not to like about a supercharger mounted above the PF acelerating the ball around.
Typical Steve Ritchie, smooth loops and shots, flows so well when you get the loop shots continuously.
Great theme. Great music ZZ Top La Grange

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »
Pete,
Go and play 20 different pins at Marks C's place.

Thats funny, last time i was there he had about 5 or 10 to play, which is weird considering there are around 100+ on the showroom floor  !@#...anyway,

Peter, interesting that WCS aint holdig its own for you. Found the same and went and bought a ToM. Trust me when i say the $4k+ machines generally have better depth,flow and artwork than titles like WCS, FT, JD etc....although a JD in my collection again would be nice  :lol
.....something witty here