Author Topic: Your ultimate game theme - what would it be for you  (Read 1602 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
ABBA 
At least it would SELL!  !*!

*)*

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Well with the new CARS 2 movie due out later this month, this has to be a ultimate pinball theme for 2011.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
Blues Brothers would be awesome, or I heard someone suggest a while ago The Seven Wonders Of The World  ^^^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Scooby Doo - plenty of scope for some cool toys, modes and missions as well as some "like groovy" audio.  I loved Scooby as a kid and my kids love him also, a machine for both generations.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
What about something a bit left field - a pinball machine based on the history of 8-bit computers (Sinclair ZX81, Apple II, Commodore 64, TRS-80, Microbee and so on). These were all big just before I got into pinball.

I guess the gameplay could involve completing tasks to collect the different featured 8-bits, with a final goal of a computer fair multiball level. Along the way a ramp shot could help ward off the evil IBM who will eventually destroy 8-bit computing unless stopped.

And one reward would have to be playing a Space Invaders clone on the DMD or whatever screen you decided to use.

Marty Machine

And one reward would have to be playing a Space Invaders clone on the DMD or whatever screen you decided to use.
...or "TV Tennis"  :lol

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
...or "TV Tennis"  :lol

Ah, now you are talking! Although I am not sure they were built on 8-bit technology?

Marty Machine

perhaps only 2 or 4bit custom LSI.....

...don't forget the 'large' and 'small' size bats too  ;-)

On another note,
Are there any pin games where there's a player at each end of the (levelled) playfield? (no headbox).
A player at each end would use flippers to whack the ball to the opposing goals, much like soccer i guess?

MM.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Do an advanced search on IPDB and select Head-to-Head play as the speciality.

The one I have heard about and seen pictures is the Alvin G Soccer-Ball aka Football.

And that VZ datasette ended up going for a fair whack on eBay - you must have been happy with that.

Marty Machine

Do an advanced search on IPDB and select Head-to-Head play as the speciality.
The one I have heard about and seen pictures is the Alvin G Soccer-Ball aka Football.
Fair enuff, at least someone thought of it ;-)

And that VZ datasette ended up going for a fair whack on eBay - you must have been happy with that.
Yep, wot a pisser, a lot of that stuff skyrocketed last week.

MM.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
Being a race fan, I would love a NASCAR machine, they already made one and it is just a matter of finding one in Australia