Author Topic: Unipaint makers and playfields?  (Read 658 times)

Offline andrew (nob)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Unipaint makers and playfields?
« on: May 11, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
I checked out the link to pinrestore.com that was recently recommended, and noticed they sell the Uni paint markers as recommended for playfields and cabinets. They dont ship 'liquids' OS, but i see officeworks also sell these markers.

Has anyone had any experience using them for playfield touchups? I cant paint to save my life, but occasionally have been known to colour in between the lines.

andrew

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Unipaint makers and playfields?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »
I checked out the link to pinrestore.com that was recently recommended, and noticed they sell the Uni paint markers as recommended for playfields and cabinets. They dont ship 'liquids' OS, but i see officeworks also sell these markers.

Has anyone had any experience using them for playfield touchups? I cant paint to save my life, but occasionally have been known to colour in between the lines.

andrew

They look like the same paint pens we use at work, I definitely would NOT recommended using them on playfields.
The paint never really dries rock hard and can remain quite sticky, attracting dirt and when the ball would run over this it would transfer the sticky all over the machine.
Best to do an airbrushing course at WEA and buy an airbrush.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: Unipaint makers and playfields?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I use the Sharpie pen to touch up the black PF insert surrounds as well as touching up the black on the scorewheel numbers.
pinballaustralia.com