Author Topic: BODGY EBAY LISTINGS - WTF ?  (Read 400 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
BODGY EBAY LISTINGS - WTF ?
« on: May 19, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
Bodgy Ebay Listings. WTF were they thinking with these INACCURATE deskriptions.

quote from listing "The playfield is in good condition". "The playfield  has some wear marks in places". UNDERSTATEMENT. They are dramatically more than "wear" marks.

Is it deceptive practice ? I cant see any excuse for this one, and I know the seller. I think the Shed missed the mark on this one very badly.

This is the latest Ebay listing that makes me cringe.The price is a complete joke given the state of the playfield. Back to bare wood everywhere around the flippers and rollover lanes. The listing says "they love their jobs". If I got $2400 for this piece of crap, I would love my job too.

260786240964 ebay listing number.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260786240964?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D260786240964%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Anyone else got any other bargain ebay listings.  @.@

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: BODGY EBAY LISTINGS - WTF ?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
Pretty good understatement, and I couldn't get a sniff at $2100 for possibly one of the nicest Stargate's around (shameless plug, still for sale!!)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
Thats not just "wear"... the paint is snapping off ...... Looks like the paint is lifting away in places

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
Pretty good understatement, and I couldn't get a sniff at $2100 for possibly one of the nicest Stargate's around (shameless plug, still for sale!!)
Hey nick, have you got your pc on some kind of perpetual search for the word stargate. This must be at least the second or third shameless plug in a thread  <.> until you sell the game I'm going to have the word stargate at least once in any thread I create or reply to so you can make a plug. It'll be like planking in a nerdy way or embed the work within the thread play a kinda 'where's wally' game and see if nick can find it  @@*. C'mon guys let's rally and get this game sold.   ^^^
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:44:03 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
As Barney would say

Challenge Accepted!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
I was watching STARGATE tonight when i came accross that STARGATE listing on ebay.

Inoticed that the bottom of the STARGATE playfield was badly damaged. Its a shame, because these STARGATE pinballs look like alot of fun, just like the STARGATE TV show.
 Anyway, after reading the above post, I noticed nicks STARGATE was still for sale. There are a few STARGATE machines on ebay, but NicksSTARGATE is the best by far. I dont think Bikecity has a STARGATE, i dont think Bumper has a STARGATE, but it may change.

Is anyone interested in a STARGATE because Nicks is great value for a really nice example of a STARGATE.

Now say STARGATE 20 times, and before long, you will have STARGATE on the brain.

Bloody STARGATE. But a great fun pinball, unlike the STARGATE on ebay with bad STARGATE paint lifting.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:12:49 PM by Admin »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:37:35 PM »

Is anyone interested in a STARGATE because Nicks is great value for a really nice example of a STARGATE.

Sure is, still only $2100 as well - http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6150.0

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
you guys make me laugh   %.%

edit: forgot.....in a stargate kinda of way  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

WOW - So that's called "wear"  @.@

That playfield does not have wear marks, it is MISSING HUGE chunks of paintwork - what polish did they use - paint stripper ?

Nick, you should be asking for $5000.  %$%

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »
Must be the wrong pictures the listing states "the playfield is in good condition"   !@# :lol

Offline newpingirl12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »
Hi, as a newby I can see that this is not worth it but there are people who would think that is a good price and it is so sad.....

I'm looking to buy my first and I am worried because it's so hard when you're so new to this  *!@

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
Hi, as a newby I can see that this is not worth it but there are people who would think that is a good price and it is so sad.....

I'm looking to buy my first and I am worried because it's so hard when you're so new to this  *!@

%)%

That's what so good about a forum and the community. People can share opinions and experiences. At the very least, issues like this auction (and any other auction that is misleading) can be highlighted and if it prevents a buyer from making a mistake - then it has served its purpose.

You might want to start an introduction thread here ;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0

and enjoy the forum !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia