Author Topic: SCOOP: Pinball Tales changes name to HOT RODDED PINS, first pics of new workshop  (Read 584 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
WORLD FIRST NEWS SCOOP!
Tim (el_timbo86) from Pinball Tales is changing the name of his business to Hot Rodded Pins

I had a tour of the new workshop today, very impressive stuff.

Tim has almost finished a Fish Tales which has had the full 'hot rodded' treatment, polished stainless trim, re decaled with the wood grained edges removed, CC'd PF which looks awesome, all rechromed under PF.  Some nice touches on the apron which I will let Tim unveil.

He is going to do a full write up as soon as he gets time, but I must say it looks way better than NIB!

The standard of Tims work is crazy!  Think High End Pins Chris Hutchins, but better, hard to believe I know, but seriously amazing!

I snuck a camera in and managed a few shots:

A few projects on the left and the FT in the background

I have zoomed in on the FT, I didn't want to steal the thunder from Tims restoration thread so this is all you get for the moment  <.>

A few PFs lying around  %$%

Close up of a ToM PF  ()

Great setup with some truely amazing work going on in there, I look forward to checking out a few more, really inspirational stuff, just wish I had the time and skills to go to that level  :lol

Oh and thanks for letting me use your rivet press mate  ^^^

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
The Fishtales resto Tim did is the best I have EVER seen and has raised the level to almost unreachable level

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I would like to hear about the name change and the reasons/links etc etc. Sounds interesting. The level of work looks great.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
The Fishtales resto Tim did is the best I have EVER seen and has raised the level to almost unreachable level

I totally agree Marty ! Innovative ideas Ive never seen before !

Up there with the best Timbo is !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:29:41 PM by Pinfan »
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I would like to hear about the name change and the reasons/links etc etc. Sounds interesting. The level of work looks great.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Tim will respond I'm sure, but the jist of the name change is 'hot rodding' better describes what Tim is try to do with his restorations, restoring, making improvements, modifying etc.  The polished stainless side rails, rechromed parts, etc.

You can view his web site at:
http://www.pinballrestoration.com.au/

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I had the tour a couple of weeks ago, and agree, the FT is the most amazing resto I have ever seen, the interior work on this game seriously blew me away!!

I've got AFM in the queue for the body restore external done new decals etc. After seeing Tim's work on the decal seams etc I can't wait to get mine looking as good as that FT.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Seriously fantastic news ! For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Tim, he is a top bloke with some seriously amazing restoration skills. We are fortunate to have someone of his standards outside of the USA.

I'll be popping in for a visit next time I'm in Geelong.

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Tim sourced a T2 for me earlier this year.  Its currently with Tim and undergoing his full restoration process with a few special touches!

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I had the tour a couple of weeks ago, and agree, the FT is the most amazing resto I have ever seen, the interior work on this game seriously blew me away!!

I've got AFM in the queue for the body restore external done new decals etc. After seeing Tim's work on the decal seams etc I can't wait to get mine looking as good as that FT.

The way he does the seams is fantastic, it's just a little touch but helps prevent the decal from being damaged in the future and looks good at the same time

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Regarding the name change, as Matt (ktm450) stated, it simply better describes the level of work that goes into each build. Sounds a bit cooler too, which cant hurt things  :lol

I have been a bit quiet around these here parts lately, i have been working hard to get the shop operational, while putting some work out at the same time  ^&^

I will be sure to keep posting my work as it may help people with their own restoration endeavours.

The following is a small set of glamour shots from a Fishtales rebuild (all look pretty similar). I will put together the complete restoration thread soon but i just wanted to touch base and elaborate on the name change etc before the thread disappeared. Enjoy the snaps, and thanks for the support etc - hopefully t

Timbo

Just showing some of the blend work on the playfield hinge bolts. Nicer than standard black...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Mate - I'm speechless ! That's the NICEST Fishtales I've ever seen ! Congrats - I LOVE the "attention to detail" with the bolts - the blending of the colours. Small detail, but it is one of the many "1%ers" that seperate your restores from others. I REALLY hope you have the time to document this kind of work, as it is simply inspirational !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Mate - I'm speechless ! That's the NICEST Fishtales I've ever seen ! Congrats - I LOVE the "attention to detail" with the bolts - the blending of the colours. Small detail, but it is one of the many "1%ers" that seperate your restores from others. I REALLY hope you have the time to document this kind of work, as it is simply inspirational !

You ought to see it in the flesh - it really is a knockout!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hoping to get around to Tims very soon but finding when we both have free time is a nightmare.  Them photos really make me want to get there.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Get down there and check it out mate, as Nick said you need to see it in the flesh to understand just how amazing the job really is  *%*

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
that one bolt  shows the quality of Tim's work