Author Topic: Baywatch pinball  (Read 176 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
Baywatch pinball
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
Hi all, the Baywatch Mark C has on Ebay at the moment (dont know how to put the link here) shows lines missing on the DMD. Question is that different pictures of the DMD show different lines missing,could this be fixed or does the DMD need to be replaced. (Too expensive). PS, If anyone is going to Mark C before auction end ,could give an accurate condition of the machine on AP as Im in Perth. Cheers Les.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Baywatch pinball
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
Could be something as simple as a dodgy connector, but is usually broken DMD legs where the leg goes into the glass, you can repair by breaking away a little of the glass then soldering, I have done a full replacement once, big job:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=4684.0

You can see in the fourth photo down what you need to do to fix one leg.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 02:07:13 PM by ktm450 »

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »
could cost up to $700 to replace if u can find one, u might be lucky enough to fix it though, great game !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »
the larger dot matrix displays for some data east/segas can be had for around $440 from marco spec from memory. I think Mark C has a few for sale as well.

best to shop around cause these are expensive.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »
I don't think that you can repair these ones either.  I had a Frankenstein machine and the large display in that had the sticky ribbon cable instead of actual metal pins that can be re-soldered in place.

About the cheapest place I have seen these display is Mad Amusements but you are probably still looking at $400-500 by the time you get it here.  Unfortunately it is one reason why people shy away from these Sega machines, if the display dies there doesn't seem to be a cheap fix.  My deisplay when I replaced it cost me well over $500 landed but the dollar was nowhere near as good then.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »
Good Call Blair, Mad Amusements is great to deal with.   ^^^

There is also a update cable for these displays from marco spec which is only about $8 or $12.
I have seen dodgy ribbon cables on these larger displays which does cause all sorts of issues. replace the cable and it can be a real cheap fix.

I have the large displays on my Frankenstein and Batman Forever, and luckily, they are perfect. I did buy a spare NOS large display last year cheap just in case i need one in a year or three. Hopefully the Baywatch one can be fixed. See if Mark C has a replacement cheap before auction end ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !