Author Topic: Hot rodded pins fishtales revamp first game  (Read 1856 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hot rodded pins fishtales revamp first game
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
Was lucky enough to get around to Tims workshop today and see his amazing fish tales.   Sadly it needed a few things before it could be played.

So tim went for a wander so I seized the opportunity to rewire the coin door so when he got back he could fire it up and see everything working.  Wasnt sure if inshould have turned it on ready so I left him do the honors.  So we went through and tested everything after a few switch adjustments we were playing the first game and damn it's quick and oh so shiny.

It's very scary to work on for fear of damaging anything lifted the playfield and ejected the balls into my hand and I froze with fear i was to scared to try and take the balls off the playfield incase I dropped one tim had to lower the playfield while inheld the balls inplace how bad is that.

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Hot rodded pins fishtales revamp first game
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
The pictures that i have seen are simply stunning would love to see it in person .

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:01:02 AM »
It is an amazing machine, great to hear its nearly finished

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:05:37 AM »
I was amazed at this game in person, unbelievable restoration to "better than new" - and that is not exaggerating. This looks better than any NIB pin you could imagine, the seams for the decals for example look like they came out of a mold, beautiful stuff. Have the AFM in the queue for the full external re-decal and polish one of these days, as it has a new playfield and mostly new everything else, Tim's treatment to the exterior will make it the nicest in the country I'm guessing!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:39 AM »
No doupt about that Nick.   ^^^