Author Topic: My games and stuff  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
My games and stuff
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »
Just a couple of pics of what we have at the moment. Hoping to move house sometimes this year, and of course a dedicated gamesroom is on the list of priorities  :lol

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: My games and stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »
Nice, from the pictures the Pins all look like they are in great condition. #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »
Thanks mate :)

Oh i have them all playing really well. Hot Hand has the reds faded in the BG, as does Stars. Kiss is the stand out with a minty BG and 9/10 playfield. Cab is another story, But i think it adds to the charm of them to show their age, as long as it isn't ugly.

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:12:43 PM »
Great stuff Rod.
I like the Beer Towel too %.%
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »

I love the pictures, Rod..  ^^^

Thanks for sharing..

ANOTHER KISS fan as well  #*#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »
Just thought i'd add a couple of night time shots. They are all similar, but i couldn't decide which one to use  :lol

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »
Lovely!

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »
How good do you rate Stars Rod? I pretty much have been promised one of these done the track. This one will have a chime box, and a sound card/speaker. I beleive Stars originally had chimes, but some ops installed electronic sound in them.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »
Looks like they are in top nick - nice pics.

I really liked Hot Hand as a kid - havent played that game for years !

Wheres the new place gunna be ? - Dapto ??  #*#

DW Drums rule !

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to post Rod,

Really cool looking pins.....want to share the story here how you got your KISS? I'm sure the guys here will love the story!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:19:04 AM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
Nice line up mate!!!

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
How good do you rate Stars Rod? I pretty much have been promised one of these done the track. This one will have a chime box, and a sound card/speaker. I beleive Stars originally had chimes, but some ops installed electronic sound in them.

Mate, it's the best player out of the 3 i have. Mainly due to the way the ball just flows so well.

It's really an EM design with "proven solid state reliability"  *)* The playfield is pretty wide open in the middle and the slings seem to be a tad bigger than usual. This results in some great sling action. I've had balls bounce between the slings for 15 seconds or so. Pretty neat.

Add to that the low scoring nature of the game. Max bonus is 3x 19k, and there's a bunch of 10pt rubbers all over the place. I've had mine for 10 years and have never clocked it. I have it set to award a credit at 220k and 440k. Playfield specials award 100k. (there's 2 ways to get special per ball).

If i made it to award EB at 220k and 440k, Plus make specials open ended instead of once per ball it would be clockable i guess.

Plus the chimes are a bonus. Would be well suited next to your Sinbad :)

Here's a Vid i made a couple of years back before giving it a tune up

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 11:54:49 PM »
Looks like they are in top nick - nice pics.

I really liked Hot Hand as a kid - havent played that game for years !

Wheres the new place gunna be ? - Dapto ??  #*#

Thanks Wotto :)

Actually Dapto could possibly be on the cards. Just need to find the right place :)

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to post Rod,

Really cool looking pins.....want to share the story here how you got you KISS? I'm sure the guys here will love the story!

Ah OK.

Well my best mate who i've known since we were 5 years old is a pretty avid Kiss fan. I am too. Really love the first 3 studio albums and ALIVE!. But i've never been quite as obsessed as him :)

Anyway, back in 1994/95 he was working down in Bega and spotted a bunch of pins at a go kart track. He got talking to the guy there and got hold of the operators details. Got in contact with him and asked if he had a KISS machine by any chance.

Keep in mind my mate didn't really have a passion for pinball. Sure we grew up playing them together etc. But i was the one obsessed with pinball like he was obsessed with Kiss :)

Turns out the guy DID have a Kiss machine out in the shed which was in non working condition. So the guys like, yeah mate it's all yours for $750 (this was crazy money back in the day, especially being non working) But to my mate it was a KISS pinny!. Even if it sat in the corner and never flipped a flipper for the next 10 years, ya reckon he'd care?

So he tells me about it and i go check it out down his place a week later. Sweet backglass, pretty sweet playfield with the only real blemish being a tiny bit of flipper drag which you have to look for because the art is so busy. The cab, as mentioned when i posted the pics is faded to buggery.

So we take a look inside and figure out there's a couple of blown fuses, molex connectors look pretty burnt up etc. So we put some new fuses in and it actually booted. However, the bridge that controls the feature lamps was shot, feeding them all of 1 volt if they were lucky. So we got it somewhat playable even with perished rubbers etc. He was happy. He just loved watching the KISS lights chase in attract mode even though they were so dim  :lol

OK, so there it sat for another 3 years or so, and all of a sudden he is married and about to move into a new house with his missus.

Problem.......

She doesn't care for the pinball and would rather not have it in the new house.

Solution.....

Knowing that i was obsessed with all things pinball, he figured the right thing to do was to give it to me. That way he can still get to see it, and he knew all to well that i'd look after it and make it work right.

So there ya go. This game is a keeper for a few reasons. Obviously because it was an awesome gesture, but also for the fact that if it was sold, i would never be willing to cough up the dough required to get another one.

Sorry for the longish post. Just got in the typing groove  :lol

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:26:01 AM by Rod71 »

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
I love these stories. Thanks for sharing!!