Author Topic: howzats games room  (Read 1445 times)

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
howzats games room
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
Hi all this is my shed   A mate of mine gave these 3 b/gs to me after watching a show on Hoarding    He had them in a dirty shower recess   for 10yrs  and thought that I could put them to better use    Ive framed them with fence paleings

The lost world BG was flaking really badly so i had one printed from sign writers, cost $50. Has anyone ever used one like this on a game? The guy and girl on the Bg look a bit sunburnt and the colours are not perfect, but its only going on the wall

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: howzats games room
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »
Hi Ian
                They look great with the paling frame.   How did you frame them?

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
This is my gameroom
from left to right Quick Draw. I swapped this with Mr Pinbologist for Black Pyramid. Most of you guys have seen his resto thread on Quick Draw, and the only thing left is to paint the cab.

I needed an EM in my collection of four games. Next is Secret Service  this is my 3 ball multiball game.

Lectronamo and Solar City, these are both Mitch's games and both are restored. they are here until he moves into a bigger place. Im taking good care of them  lucky me #*#

Stellar Wars  this was one of my favourites back in the day. Bg will restored one day.

BP, this is now Mitch's it needs a pf resto which is not my thing, this was my $100 special  *%*

Howzat  this came up on ebay i got it for $1300 not working. It is working now but still need some more minor work doing to it, In time it will get a cab respray

Next to that is my 48 in 1

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
Hi daniel   My neighbour  a retired builder made them for me   he also built my floor    Ive done some upholstery work for him and he helps me with building jobs   the old barter system    and thanks a million for the display for my Howzat   

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
Can u see how the glass is held to the frame I got one professionally framed and cost me more than the glass is worth and always to scared to har a go myself.

And no worries about the display

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »

Very nice, Ian - although the Quick Draw cabinet looks fine to me - I'd leave it "as is" unless there is some damage that is not seen in the pictures ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:57:44 AM »
Lineup looks great .

We all seem to max out our available space don't we

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 11:04:22 AM »
Hi Daniel   with the frames he routed  the inside edges to take the glass and on the corners he drilled and doweled and glued.   I gave them 1 coat of poly urethane   to make sure nothing will want to eat the timber as we back on to the bush  and the white ant like this area    He is very clever and a great old neighbor :lol

bobaloobus

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
Real nice shed & pin's there Ian
I agree with ddstoys those old hardwood fence palings look great as a frame, has that old rustic look which suits the older backglasses  ^^^
It's nice to have good neighbours hey !