Author Topic: tom for sale for the 3rd time,wtf.now $4500 buy now  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Interesting, some other differances are the targets at the bottom of the centre ramp are different colors, one machine has 2 red targets, and the other machine has one green and one yellow. Also the black border around the midnight symbol just above the flippers is very different.
Yea, and with so many diferances it makes it hard to get a machine entirely original unless you have a colour flyer!
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Since someone mentioned Dr Who prices, I mention the following -

1. I saw an original DR Who in QLD with an original 260 games, with the box it came in, at a collectors house and he wanted $4500 cash. The machine was the best you would ever ever get anywhere in the world. The seller was a complete scumbag who would sell his mother for 5 bucks.

2. I have seen a really really nice Dr Who locally in QLD for sale for $2200 that a friend has, and its very very nice. Some states have much bigger prices than other states.
I might buy it from my mate if his wife lets him get rid of it. Hard to find one with a nice cabinet. Playfields usually pretty good on most.

BEWARE THE DARLEKS !  EXTERMINATE  EXTERMINATE  EXTERMINATE.  %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pinmem

• Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
Just to confirm what has been stated in other comments.

1. Yes they are two different TOM. The one listed has a really nice shine and much less wear as well as there are no cracks on the ramps.

2. I also have Dr Who's for approx 2K as well.

Hope this clears this up.

Thanks

Oscar

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Since someone mentioned Dr Who prices, I mention the following -

1. I saw an original DR Who in QLD with an original 260 games, with the box it came in, at a collectors house and he wanted $4500 cash. The machine was the best you would ever ever get anywhere in the world. The seller was a complete scumbag who would sell his mother for 5 bucks.

2. I have seen a really really nice Dr Who locally in QLD for sale for $2200 that a friend has, and its very very nice. Some states have much bigger prices than other states.
I might buy it from my mate if his wife lets him get rid of it. Hard to find one with a nice cabinet. Playfields usually pretty good on most.

BEWARE THE DARLEKS !  EXTERMINATE  EXTERMINATE  EXTERMINATE.  %.%

I picked my Dr up for 2k here in brissie,great playfield with the usual faded cab. I heard that a guy on another fourm was doing custom decals for dr who but I could be wrong as I havent seen them.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Interesting, some other differances are the targets at the bottom of the centre ramp are different colors, one machine has 2 red targets, and the other machine has one green and one yellow. Also the black border around the midnight symbol just above the flippers is very different.

Not to mention everything else I have pointed out too.

The seller for the eBay auctions has posted that they are in fact two different machines.  Most of the importers bring in sometimes 2, 3 or more of the same machine title in one container.

Dirty Daz has (or had) 2 TOM's for sale
I'm sure MarkC has 1 or more TOM's in his factories for sale
BillXXX might have 1 or more
There is a container landing in Adelaide in September with at least 1 TOM.

Nuf said.   ^.^

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:58:42 PM by MartyJ »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thats a lot of Tom's, just need the dicks and harrys and it is all sorted.
Good news for tom chasers if there are a few about and prices are down a bit.
Great game, would love one for sure one day.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thats a lot of Tom's, just need the dicks and harrys and it is all sorted.
Good news for tom chasers if there are a few about and prices are down a bit.
Great game, would love one for sure one day.
Down a bit!  Prices are down heaps, now is a good time to buy!

Offline Aimef

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Went To Oscars, nice ToM so i bought it. No insert wear and a nice machine. He has another coming in soon and it will be cheaper

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Went To Oscars, nice ToM so i bought it. No insert wear and a nice machine. He has another coming in soon and it will be cheaper

Well done.