Author Topic: FARKING PINBALL NIGHTMARE  (Read 747 times)

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
Re: FARKING PINBALL NIGHTMARE
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Sorry to hear how this has turned out for you Daniel.
If i'd just sold the guy the machine i'd kinda feel like i should fix it , but then if you made it perfectly clear that it mustn't be turned on without the board in it then he only really has himself to blame.
If it were me i'd feel obliged to fix all the boards for nothing , but charge him for your time traveling and make him pay for the stuffed coils , i'm sure there will be a few of them....i'd be very surprised if there weren't!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Thanks Ken
      Yeah I do feel like it's my fault in a way I'll be charging him for parts and travel except for the original 5101 problem I'm not going to loose anymore money on this game my profit went on fuel and accomadation.  Not to mention the bottle of scotch I needed to get my head around how stupid some people can be

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »
wow that is crazy, what a bloody tool.
I hope he knows how much he has put you out, let him know that by turning it on he wasted your time and money.

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
Hey Daniel, Really bad luck with all that. It's amazing how quick things can turn with pinball sometimes. I recently fixed a pinnie which was 110 volt. People had been trying to play it with some dicky little 'transformer' which was getting really hot, and blowing fuses in the machine. When I finished it, I said "whatever you do, DON'T stick it in that 'transformer' anymore, get a proper step-down transformer".   ................ Three weeks later I was back, fixing exactly the same thing/s over again. ........ I don't get it, and I bet you don't get it with your current 'nightmare'.
   Good luck for a quick end to this.  Mark

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »

happens all the time.. you do the right things.. and get shafted on it

by the way.. i always pull the power fuse when i remove a board.. as idiots turn it them on all the time..

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

happens all the time.. you do the right things.. and get shafted on it

by the way.. i always pull the power fuse when i remove a board.. as idiots turn it them on all the time..

I'll be pulling the fuse for sure if there is a next time mate. 

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
Well almost back at Mt gambier to fx this mess so everyone fingers crossed ive brought enough spares with me. 
  I've raided gorgar for coils and even stolen the rottendog combo as a backup plan.   I'm either leaving the mount with a wiling pinball machine or a broken machine on the back of the ute.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
Hope it all goes well Daniel, and that not too much damage was done!!

I know all too well the hassles of having to make return trips to repair a machine, i have been working on a Capcom Airborne while in Port Macquarie over weekends, and a couple of times i have run into trouble where the game needs parts that i didnt have on me.. requiring another trip  ^&^ and not being familiar with Capcom games hasnt helped!! I should get it done next week while there. Luckily the owner is cool about the delays, and is happy to pay me for my time (which i wasnt going to accept last time but he insisted). he is just happy to have someone who can work on his game.

Once again best of luck to you, you'll sort it im sure.. be sure to let us know how things go  ^^^

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
Hey ddstoys,

Just working my way through all the old posts and saw this one. What happened in the end?? !@#

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
I ended up giving the guy a driver board and new coils with some alligator test leads as he can't solder.

He fitted the coils to the mech then I talked him through connecting the driver board and coils with jumpers until his mate can solder them on properly.

Touch wood its all working and continues that way.