Author Topic: Sinbad is Singood Condition.  (Read 1534 times)

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sinbad is Singood Condition.
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »
What a great score   Sinbad was one of many games i use to play it looks like it will clean up nice  #*#  Howzat

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
Time for a bit of an update on Sinbad.  It turned out to be a bit more work than I was banking on and it isn't finished by any stretch of the imagination.  Heaps more cleaning to do, I have just done the basics to see if the machine was going to get up and running and how it plays.  I have one drop targets bank I can't get to reset and the four star rollovers are all dead at the moment as well.  In saying that though, there is definitely life in the machine and this is how it sits after three pretty solid days working on it so far.  Just waiting on a few small bits and pieces from RTBB such as the last few lane guides, siamese posts and the like and the playfield will be done besides a coat of carnuba wax and tinker with some dodgey globe holders.

One thing that I can't sort out though is that the Ni Wumpf board I have that I was going to use in it won't boot up in the Sinbad, put it in Hulk and it works fine.  I have tried interchanging power supply and driver boards and it didn't make any difference.  New BR's, replaced most fuses, solid and correct power coming out of the power supply board/s and still a mystery as to why it won't work in Sinbad.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:45:32 PM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »
i love the old school comic book style illustrations on that machine.  if you had that sitting in a shop it would attract allot of people admiring the art i recon

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »
Looking great  ^^^ .. Sorry can't help with the board not booting mystery .. where did you end up finding a lockdown bar ?
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »
Looking like a keeper - game play is excellent so once its going I suspect it will be staying......

Can't help with the Ni Wumph, only ever used Pascal's boards where originals weren't worth repairing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
Looking great  ^^^ .. Sorry can't help with the board not booting mystery .. where did you end up finding a lockdown bar ?

Ended up doing a fairly decent order through PBR, the lock down bar was about $25 or $26 after the 10% discount.  Probably couldn't buy a 2nd hand one for that here.  It just doesn't have the beer seal which I have a bit laying around to put on it.

Even with a few things not working I am enjoying the machine when I have the odd game here and there.  I just finished re-globing the machine (all of them not just the dead ones) which has made the rules pretty easy to understand now I can see what is going on and what is lit.  Even the Bride likes the machine so it won't be going anywhere for a fair while.
Addicted to pins.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
looks nice blair.it would still be sitting in my queue.well done ^.^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »

That has scrubbed up a treat, Blair - well done !

Send an email off to Ace regarding your issue with bootup. I've only ever used this board once and I can't recall the procedure to change the game, but Ace was VERY helpful with post sales support.

I have a feeling that the issues you are experiencing are because the game is using the Hulk code instead of Sinbad. Get the game booting as Sinbad before troubleshooting.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
Thanks Nino.  I have been in touch with Ace and at the moment he is at a loss as well.  I can't even get the board to boot up at all in the Sinbad machine whereas it booted up with jumpers set at Sinbad in the Hulk machine.  I might just have to keep an eye out for another System 1 CPU or see if Ken can salvage the board that came with the machine.  I will mention it to Ace though and cross fingers.

That has scrubbed up a treat, Blair - well done !

Send an email off to Ace regarding your issue with bootup. I've only ever used this board once and I can't recall the procedure to change the game, but Ace was VERY helpful with post sales support.

I have a feeling that the issues you are experiencing are because the game is using the Hulk code instead of Sinbad. Get the game booting as Sinbad before troubleshooting.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
She scrubbed up well, nice work  *%*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Check your connectors especially the inter board connect ( try this loom on Hulk also)... look for any evidence that would suggest someone has  removed then reconnected at least 2 wires...if its not a board problem.. it has to be a loom problem.. could be as simple as earth connect is in the wrong position

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »
Cheers Gav, I will have good look and check the wiring against the manual. Probably every chance things may not have gone back where they should have at some stage.

Check your connectors especially the inter board connect ( try this loom on Hulk also)... look for any evidence that would suggest someone has  removed then reconnected at least 2 wires...if its not a board problem.. it has to be a loom problem.. could be as simple as earth connect is in the wrong position
Addicted to pins.

Offline rocky_pinball

• Forum Posts:
  • ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCCKKKYYYYY BAAAAAAAABBBBOA
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
WOW she cleaned up allright didnt she

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
It's cleaned up beautifully Blair , well above average and i'm sure your happy with the way it turned out.
Keep at it and i'm sure you'll figure out why the Ni Wumpf won't boot in it but an original board will...it's got to be something simple you'd think.
Check none of the switches are stuck on on the rollovers , or another switch on the machine that scores the same amount of points. if a switch is stuck closed on a system 1 none of the others will work.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »
Thanks Ken.  I have noticed that when one switch is stuck on a few others go out with it.  I will go over the machine again and check all of the switches.  I found one tonight that looked fine but the thicker arm that sits much lower than the contact leaf was actually constantly touching and killing a heap of switches.  I adjusted that and they came good.  Cross fingers it is something similar with the other rollovers that aren't working.

The machine is by no means mint but it has come up pretty nice considering it sat for at least 8 years with no glass on it collecting dirt and dust.  I put a few coats of carnuba wax on it tonight which deepened the colours on the playfield a bit.  I will put some more coats on tomorrow.

Received my order from RTBB today installed the remaining lane guides and siamese posts.  The new parts on the playfield add a bit of bling and take your attention off the imperfections on the playfield here and there.  I will add a few more pics later on. 
Addicted to pins.