Author Topic: Bally Party Zone without B'ZARRE  (Read 881 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Bally Party Zone without B'ZARRE
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:56 PM »
Here is a Bally Party Zone one e-Bay for $1,495.00 but with no Captian Bizarre, That's Bizarre!!...   !@#

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PARTYZONE-pinball-machine-/270820227220?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f0e24b894
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:17:29 PM by PinPal »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Bally Party Zone without B'ZARRE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:01 AM »
Here is a Bally party Zone one e-Bay for $1,495 but with no Captian Bizarre, That's Bizarre!!...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PARTYZONE-pinball-machine-/270820227220?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f0e24b894

Not quite Funhouse without Rudy, but almost so. This is a fun game, but CB is way too much of the entertainment value to not have him there.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
Definately spot on Nick. Without Captain Bizzare this game has lost one of its truly great moving and talking toys. When u watch the factory pinball promo movie, it shows just how much this is the centre piece/attraction of the game.

I wonder if u can buy it somewhere. (its back to the usual search on Bay Area, Marcos, etc etc etc etc). If that missing stuff could be purchased, this is a great game and full of fun Zany gameplay.

!@# !@# Is it just the plastic toy missing, or is it the whole underneath playfield motor etc etc.  !@# !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »
The head motor is missing on this Party Zone. Without the head of the captain it takes the fun out of it as he is the central character of the game.
This is a pick of the head motor out of my party zone while I was restoring it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:30:31 PM by PinPal »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:46 PM »
If those missing parts are unavailable to buy, i reckon you could make up the neccessary stuff using other available pinball parts if u had that full piece to copy from.

The machine, as is, is only worth a grand, maybe $1100 at tops in my honest opinion with the major conponent missing.

** IF the add reads "doesnt affect gameplay" , it is definately misleading and needs reporting. I will have to recheck the wording on the ebay listing.  !@#

**UPDATE ** re-checked the wording, it says "Captain Bizarre head missing,disabled from software and doesnt affect normal gameplay".    Hmmmm, NOT TRUE.

If this machine is listed by a member, it needs to be changed to something much more honest. Anyone, disagree ?  !@#
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:29:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »

At least it is CLEARLY stated in the eBay Auction. Unlike some machines sold on eBay that are not exactly honest with their descriptions.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:57 AM »
The owner still says the missing parts dont affect gameplay on the listing. That is dis-honest.
You only need to watch the promo movie to see that his deskription is blatantly false. Imagine being a newbie, getting the game home, and then finding the main part/character is missing and it really changes the games whole feel. I would be pissed to say the least.

People like this give the pinball industry a bad name.  How could you possibly believe it doesnt affect gameplay, and he states that he has dropped the price because of it. So WHY would you drop the price because of it, if it doesnt affect gameplay. See, caught out in ten seconds. I cant stand people who hide behind misleading and deliberate "missing" info on ebay listings. I really hope no-one on here gets stung with it.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:17:09 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »
The owner still says the missing parts dont affect gameplay on the listing. That is dis-honest.
You only need to watch the promo movie to see that his deskription is blatantly false. Imagine being a newbie, getting the game home, and then finding the main part/character is missing and it really changes the games whole feel. I would be pissed to say the least.

People like this give the pinball industry a bad name.  How could you possibly believe it doesnt affect gameplay, and he states that he has dropped the price because of it. So WHY would you drop the price because of it, if it doesnt affect gameplay. See, caught out in ten seconds. I cant stand people who hide behind misleading and deliberate "missing" info on ebay listings. I really hope no-one on here gets stung with it.

I've never owned a PZ before, but exactly what does the Cap't Bazaar head do during game play with the ball Brett?  Does the mech throw the ball to a ramp, divert it to another area on the playfield etc?

The seller clearly states the part / mechanism is missing.  How is this missing info?  You cannot get much clearer than that.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
The statement "doesnt affect gameplay" isnt true in my humble opinion. I dont know the seller, and if I did, my opinion would still stay the same.

If it didnt affect gameplay, or do something major for the game, WHY did the manufacturer go to so much effort by having the motor installed under the playfield, having the captain talk and move etc etc, and even the audio roms have been heavily influenced by the captains speech.
So why did the manufacturer design all this stuff if it does nothing, or if it doesnt positively become a major focal piece of the game. ?
Alot of time n effort went into that whole design for a reason. If it didnt move or talk etc etc and it was just a plastic toy, I would agree with the "doesnt affect gameplay", but it DOES (or should) move and talk etc etc etc. It does affect the entire feel and experience of the game. Thats why they put it there obviously.

Watch the video and u will see just how pivotal the talking character is. The head doesnt have to shoot a ball, or flip a ball or whatever, but the head on a normal game does move , talk etc. Play the game with the missing stuff, then play the same game with ALL the moving n talking stuff and u will see what a difference it does make.

I understand that the seller wants to sell the machine, but saying it doesnt affect gameplay is simply not true and designed only to "make lite" of the missing parts.
Just like selling a car without a stereo and without air-conditioning. Doesnt affect the way the car drives, but it does affect the overall enjoyment of driving in comfort with the music on. The Captain part being missing fundementally changes the whole feel of the game. Anyone who has played the game will know instantly what I am saying.

It might not matter to a newbie who knows no better, but it will matter alot to a collector. If the listing said "missing parts affect gameplay by loss of talking person or moving part"etc, that would be much more honest. If it wasnt something that affects the gameplay, the entire thread and someone noticing the major missing parts bit would not have been posted to start with. I could be wrong. No big deal. Someone will buy it, but its just going to be different to a complete game.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:12:04 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Stop bitching when you have no interest in the machine,always someone trying to stir up trouble........the head is available, the add states head missing and the low starting price reflects that.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
Stop bitching when you have no interest in the machine,always someone trying to stir up trouble........the head is available, the add states head missing and the low starting price reflects that.

+1 (except for the low starting price, I think it's top dollar as is).

I am the biggest critic of misrepresentation in advertising you will find (and have a special interest in it from a legal standpoint). The seller has been very clear and entirely accurate in the des-cription in my opinion. The head does **not** affect game play and I have many hours on this game (although not recently). The game plays just the same, but yes, the experience will be less rewarding, but the game will nonetheless play just as it should. As I said earlier, not quite in the league of a FH without Rudy, because Rudy is an integral part of the game play as well as a commentator. CB is just a commentator.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »

WRONG ! TOTALLY WRONG. If the machine had the correct hardware I would seriously look at buying this game because I definately like it.
I am not trying to cause trouble at all, again wrong, I am stating my opinion and answering Martys question as requested.
People will make up their own mind after watching the video. That is certainly extremely obvious.

It may be a stretch to say the gameplay technically may not change, but the game enjoyment will dramatically change.
I am entitled to my opinion, its a democracy. I think the add is bad. End of discussion for me. I have answered Martys question, and responded to your statement Silverball.
Its only an opinion, no one needs to lose sleep over it.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »

I think the auction clearly states the missing feature. I guess the interpretation of whether the parts is a key function of the game is debatable, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the auction description.

I've seen tons of pins sold "fully functional" and they are delivered falling apart, missing balls, plastics etc etc. Someone could pick up a bargain and source the parts themselves. That's the fun of the hobby !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Great idea Nino about hunting for the parts etc, which is half the fun and satisfying to anyone doing up a machine. It doesnt mean I dont want to see the seller move the machine on to a new home (whether its a member or not).
* Accordingly, I have looked at Bay Area and Marco Spec for the parts and cant find anything at all close to the head or motor parts. (the ebay listing doesnt say if the motor is missing or not ?  !@#).

Does anyone have a schematic for the Party Zone Pinball machine with the required part numbers in the hope that I can scource these parts, which may help the seller or a potential buyer of this machine. It may also help anyone in the future looking at the Party Zone machine which I think is a T'Riffic game.

Can anyone help here with part numbers or a site anywhere who may have these parts ?

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 05:53:57 PM »
Does anyone have a schematic for the Party Zone Pinball machine with the required part numbers in the hope that I can scource these parts, which may help the seller or a potential buyer of this machine. It may also help anyone in the future looking at the Party Zone machine which I think is a T'Riffic game.

Can anyone help here with part numbers or a site anywhere who may have these parts ?

Download the manual from IPDB