Author Topic: Swinger Backglass reprint!  (Read 434 times)

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Swinger Backglass reprint!
« on: October 22, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
I have kinda decided to make my own high resolution SCAN for my swinger my replacing all art in Photoshop!
I found this image a while back and used it for my guideline for outlines

@ http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee23/electricwizard3000/Pinball/?action=view&current=Swinger.jpg

I have spent 6 hours and got the background almost done

Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Swinger Backglass reprint!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
Very nice - it will look BRILLIANT when you get it finished
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:49:19 PM »
Update, 2 hours done tonight
Happy reading!

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »
I found this image a while back and used it for my guideline for outlines

@ http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee23/electricwizard3000/Pinball/?action=view&current=Swinger.jpg
The photo I used above for my outlines is crooked, notice the scores dont line up! and therefore i have had trouble getting things to line up, so i'm not too sure it will look exactly like original but will still definately look better than the backglass i have

it is coming along but it's taking ist time obviously, every line has to be remade to the exact length curve thickness and even dencity/transpariency
Happy reading!

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
keep up the good work,mate.nothing seems to line up !@#.Do not neglect your homework <..>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:22:22 PM by studley67 »
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Hi Midflame    nice to see your doing it    lots of patience needed.  I had one printed at the local sign writers for a Lost
Worlds  Its has been framed and is on my wall,   they did a good job       only thing is the guy and the girl look a bit sun burnt     the skin co lour was not quite right   Will you be able to stick it on the front of the glass  using soap and water    ? 

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:00:53 PM »
Hi Midflame    nice to see your doing it    lots of patience needed.  I had one printed at the local sign writers for a Lost
Worlds  Its has been framed and is on my wall,   they did a good job       only thing is the guy and the girl look a bit sun burnt     the skin co lour was not quite right   Will you be able to stick it on the front of the glass  using soap and water    ? 

Good point... be careful what file you take to the printers... i ALWAYS use a simple jpeg.. youll find colour variations with Bitmaps etc. A full sized jpeg should do the job nicely.. oh and make sure its printed in REVERSE.

I have a print here for a DEVIL RIDERS BG im making for my own machine.. ill post the process for all and any interested

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
I have never done a backglass before, i think it being printed onto the glass would be the best thing, what is the soap and water thing?
Happy reading!

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »

Good point... be careful what file you take to the printers... i ALWAYS use a simple jpeg.. youll find colour variations with Bitmaps etc. A full sized jpeg should do the job nicely.. oh and make sure its printed in REVERSE.

I have a print here for a DEVIL RIDERS BG im making for my own machine.. ill post the process for all and any interested

please share gav. ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:27:06 PM »
I have never done a backglass before, i think it being printed onto the glass would be the best thing, what is the soap and water thing?

Printing onto glass will cost you some $$$'s.. you will still have to add a transluscent white layer and then the blockout layer.. its quite a bit of work and any BG has 3 layers. Once youve done the artwork for the front you will need to make a file for the back also so you have the hidden numbers, GAME OVER etc.. the front is only half a BG. BUT!!! you are very handy with photoshop by the looks of it.. wish i was, i use Corel and it lacks some of the features of PS.
Mitch.. keep making your artwork files.. youre doing a bloody great job mate. I have a few BGs im making D.Riders is one of them, but process is the same... let me post and then decide if you want to go to the extra expense of print onto glass.

Gav

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
Update, been on holiday lately... not just from school but also pinball %.%
lazy me (((
Happy reading!

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
keep up the good work mate.anything is better than what we have at the moment $#$