Author Topic: Firepower Playfield Preorder at CPR now Closed,Cutting now!  (Read 1822 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Only had a quick look at work when I did the photo, got it home now - very nice indeed from first impressions. Need to take a good long look at it, but first impressions are very nice graphics, and reasonable clearcoating - I can see the sink at the inserts - not sure if this is acceptable production standards for CPR?

Might benefit from a further clear going over by an expert, but still very nice. And a heck of an improvement over mine!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Mime has made progress   :D

Louisville, KY, United States    31/01/2012    3:33    Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States    28/01/2012    1:04    Arrival Scan
Mirabel International Airport, QC, Canada    27/01/2012    21:59    Departure Scan

Good to hear yours on the way too mate, ^^^

hope Mine hasnt detoured to Seaford.... %.%
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Mime has made progress   :D

Louisville, KY, United States    31/01/2012    3:33    Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States    28/01/2012    1:04    Arrival Scan
Mirabel International Airport, QC, Canada    27/01/2012    21:59    Departure Scan

Good to hear yours on the way too mate, ^^^

hope Mine hasnt detoured to Seaford.... %.%

You'll be right mate ..

Interesting feedback there Nick  *!@
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
Only had a quick look at work when I did the photo, got it home now - very nice indeed from first impressions. Need to take a good long look at it, but first impressions are very nice graphics, and reasonable clearcoating - I can see the sink at the inserts - not sure if this is acceptable production standards for CPR?

Might benefit from a further clear going over by an expert, but still very nice. And a heck of an improvement over mine!!

Interesting Nick,

I half considered ticking the no clear option and doing it myself but it was only $50 less.....and Id hate to stuff it up!

they use urathane clear I think? wonder how compatible it is to two packs..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast

Wait till we get ours to compare Nick, does not sound good though, I would have expected the inserts should be spot on flush with the playfield....

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Wait till we get ours to compare Nick, does not sound good though, I would have expected the inserts should be spot on flush with the playfield....

Will do DD, look forward to hearing others thoughts.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Interesting Nick,

I half considered ticking the no clear option and doing it myself but it was only $50 less.....and Id hate to stuff it up!

they use urathane clear I think? wonder how compatible it is to two packs..

Not sure what they use, might have to ask.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Interesting feedback there Nick  *!@

Haven't had a chance to really sit down and see if it's isolated or everywhere yet, will do that tonight.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

All of my CPR playfields are not completely perfect. I can't say that I have any major issues, but I can check tonight. I'm about to start the Flight 2000 and I have the playfield out of the box. I'll check if I have the same issue you describe, Nick.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Just re-read my comments, and realised might not have been clear - the inserts are perfectly flush, what I mean is the clear can be seen to have sunk at the join between the inserts and the playfield, ie you can see a tiny ring where the clear has not filled the join. This would disappear for example by a clear, then sanding, then clear (X number of times) as each sanding leaves the ring still filled, so after sufficient coats, the join becomes perfectly flush.

Does this make sense?

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Mine arrived today  #*#
Looks pretty sweet, I see what you are saying re inserts nick,
Mine have a slight ring as well but they are dead flush. I'm happy with
the finish, will leave it under the bed for a couple of weeks to cure.
Cheers
Dave

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Great stuff Dave  ^^^.

I believe you need to leave it 6 weeks minimum to properly cure ?

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
I think your right Dave, I meant I'll leave for a couple of weeks then start putting all back together, I'm installing all new light sockets and GI wire and rails, so i can see it taking me a while..
Cheers
Dave

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
Got mine today Too, $#$

Looks awesome in the flesh I would assume are good or better than any production PF

They do have a slight ring on the insert to timber join,

you could let it cure completely and block it out I think but looks pretty good to Me ^^^

Their is new playfield care instructions on CPR website somewhere outlining their recommended curing times before assy,

and proper install of the rollover stars etc..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:08:32 PM by TUF-427 »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
I think your right Dave, I meant I'll leave for a couple of weeks then start putting all back together, I'm installing all new light sockets and GI wire and rails, so i can see it taking me a while..
Cheers
Dave

Sounds like a good idea to me Dave .

Where did you buy the sockets and GI Wire ?
I'd also appreciate any tips from you guys on how to layout the path for the GI wire on the new PF (this will be a first for me) .

Hmm .. New rails reminds me that I am thinking of repainting my cabinet , so will probably get new rails too .
I have new Pop bumper bodies, skirts etc coming in my PBR order .. already have new lane guides on mine now .