Author Topic: White Water Custom Plastic  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
White Water Custom Plastic
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:38:30 PM »
Ok – this is not how I would normally re-make a playfield plastic but I had a broken ramp on the WH20 and the old broken section of ramp normally covered this spot and had an image on it – so I got a little ‘inventive’.

Here’s what the problem spot looked like originally after I had put the ramp protector in place and put a new ‘running rail’ in place to plug the gap.

I took a look at the area and decided I would cut a 2mm sheet of Perspex to fill that spot and then create a copy of the side area of one of the other ramps to match in.

So I simply took a photo of the good ramp image of the Spine Chiller ramp and then make a copy of that image to match the shape I needed.
I made various colour versions so a close match could be selected.

This new plastic was never going to be hit by a ball so I decided that one screw and an old skool post would hold it in place – here is the clear Perspex cut to shape and in place

Here’s the same shot with the printed artwork stuck on it.
All I did in this case was print in high quality onto good photo paper and then place clear contact over the top and glued it on top of the plastic.
As I said I wouldn’t normally re-do a PF plastic like this but in this case it was created simply to conceal a gap and doesn’t have ball contact.
It worked pretty well anyway – see this shot 

And here it is with the machine fully re-built 

Unlit

Lit

I also want to make 'something ' or some image for this plain left return guide on WH20 - I am considering just scanning the right side sling plastic, flipping it and resizing it and making a 'cover' for this left guide with the same image as on the right...I am sure other WH20 owners would be interested in a simple fix like that ??........watch this space

DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: White Water Custom Plastic
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »

Great attention to detail.

I like the "inventive" mods that spruce up the appearance of the "plain" parts of a playfield. WH2O seems to have it's fair share of "plain" parts of the playfield..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »
Wotto, do you still have the file with the decal image, as the sticker on my disater drop ramp is damaged. I was going to try to salvage it, but if someone has already gone to the trouble of scanning one into their computer....  ;) ;D

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
Wotto, do you still have the file with the decal image, as the sticker on my disater drop ramp is damaged. I was going to try to salvage it, but if someone has already gone to the trouble of scanning one into their computer....  ;) ;D

Yep !! PM me your email addy and its all yours  ;D
DW Drums rule !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »
Thanks Wotto, PM sent.
Regards Matt.

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:32:45 AM »
Nice work Wotto!

Had a WH20 once, and loved the machine! Spewing I sold it...