Author Topic: AVATAR PINBALL ? DO U OWN A AVATAR PINNY ?  (Read 692 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
AVATAR PINBALL ? DO U OWN A AVATAR PINNY ?
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
Just wanted some feedback on the AVATAR PINBALL.  Does anyone on here own a AVATAR pinball ?  if u dont own one, but u have played it, can u give me some feedback on the game please. I understand it is not going to be like anything from the past, and It will be a new release STERN etc, but I wanted to know if its a machine that you could own and play every now and again and enjoy it etc ?

The backglass/translite and cabinet look cool, but I would need the audio to be very AVATAR to make it worthwhile.

Any general feedback would be good, or any one else's indepth review of the game and any links would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AVATAR PINBALL ? DO U OWN A AVATAR PINNY ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »

I have played avatar pro on site at timezone.
It was another pin I wanted to like but couldn't...even after repeated trys.
Nice backglass but thats about it for me, the audio and dmd are ok...plywise it's just a yawnfest... as a pinball it would make a very expensive but good boat anchor.

Stern still hasn't made a better pin than spidey imo.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
Never played one as yet, nor seen the movie....
I heard the movie is lame, though it was somewhat a success due to the launch of 3D.
SC.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
Just wanted some feedback on the AVATAR PINBALL.  Does anyone on here own a AVATAR pinball ?  if u dont own one, but u have played it, can u give me some feedback on the game please. I understand it is not going to be like anything from the past, and It will be a new release STERN etc, but I wanted to know if its a machine that you could own and play every now and again and enjoy it etc ?

The backglass/translite and cabinet look cool, but I would need the audio to be very AVATAR to make it worthwhile.

Any general feedback would be good, or any one else's indepth review of the game and any links would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

PRO or LE
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
Either PRO or LE PLEASE.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
I got an Avatar Pro, kind of old school pinball play. The sound & speech package is very nice. Magnet is cool & there are some weird layouts on the playfield which is interesting. Out of all the new Stern pins this year that I bought as a new dealer, I would rate Iron Man Pro #1, Tron Legacy Pro, & Avatar Pro #2, & Rolling Stones Pro & Transformers Pro #3. Avatar Pro is a long playing pin if you close in the outlane posts, which I do to all my pins for demostration. Stern is so cheap sometimes they are missing rubbers!

This summer I decided to become a new Stern dealer in my area, since our only Canadian distributor sells retail in Canada. I get a discount & very cheap shipping (like $105). I demo my pins, sell either new in box, or slowly take off $50 a month. They are very lightly played, & a great way for me, & my friends to enjoy new pinballs. My area has had the amusement industry killed by legalised gambling in all the bars. So you really can't find pins on location to play.

http://greatpinball.com/
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »
what about the standard avatar pin. is the std version fine, or only the le version. there are no new avatars avail in AUStralia, only a few NIb std avatars that a collector has put 20 games on and put back into the box. the machine is exactly like BNIB anyway, but its the std avatar game.

your thoughts on the std version ?

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
Hey Brett maybe you could ask this guy for his expert opinion
&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
Go and play it at timezone cavill, its the pro version, transformers pro is also there.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
Faza, that was the worst video ever, the guy wanted to mount a 12 foot blue lady.

I want to know from someone, what the Avatar LE version has that the std Avatar pin hasnt got etc. Is the std one worth buying ?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
Reading the 2 replies mate.. seems STD version is nothing to write home about... go play the Pro on Caville.. if it blows you away, then the STD version will blow you away less.. if its a  ((( ((( ((( ((( then STD version would be a lullaby.

Collector buys STD Avatar NIB.. puts 20 games on it and then reboxes it to sell off???

... Id say your answer is right there mate

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Reading the 2 replies mate.. seems STD version is nothing to write home about... go play the Pro on Caville.. if it blows you away, then the STD version will blow you away less.. if its a  ((( ((( ((( ((( then STD version would be a lullaby.

Collector buys STD Avatar NIB.. puts 20 games on it and then reboxes it to sell off???

... Id say your answer is right there mate

The fellow who has the Std Avatar for sale, purchased the std Avatar, then found out a few weeks later that the LE version was released. He bought the LE version as well on "collectability" reasons only, then has instantly decided to sell the STD version and try n get his money back. I believe also, he got the LE version for the same coin as the std version, because like alot of other people, he felt pissed when the LE version came out from Stern a few weeks later without any prior presss.

I know Mark looked after him on both machines, cause thats what Mark does for repeat customers. The opportunity, is that a Std Mint Avatar is for sale, in a new Stern Box, and u cannot buy a Avatar brand new in Oz anymore (all dealers incl AMD have none left) and no-one is going to get Stern to make 1 x only more Aussie delivered pin when production of Avatar has basically stopped, and Stern is only moving existing already built stock.

One of my kids loves Avatar to death, hence the interest. I watch the movie for 3 hrs almost every day to keep the little bloke quiet.  @.@ %.% %.% I can tell u the movie word for word. So rather putting on what he calls the "Blue Birdy Movie" , I reckon put on the "Blue Avatar Pinny" instead. If that makes sense.  %.%

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »

Brett

hopefully you can work a deal re this pin

yes there was a story behind the owner getting a normal and LE , and yes everyone wasnt too happy
this was part of the downfall of stern sales  in my opinion , when they released a title they never told us if they had planned to
make a LE , so we found that customers got very upset after purchasing a normal only to find out a few weeks later or so that a LE was coming
I am glad now Stern advise if they making a pro or LE  now , this saves people getting pissed

I loved the backglass of this game ,  very nice

markc

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »
Brett

hopefully you can work a deal re this pin

yes there was a story behind the owner getting a normal and LE , and yes everyone wasnt too happy
this was part of the downfall of stern sales  in my opinion , when they released a title they never told us if they had planned to
make a LE , so we found that customers got very upset after purchasing a normal only to find out a few weeks later or so that a LE was coming
I am glad now Stern advise if they making a pro or LE  now , this saves people getting pissed

I loved the backglass of this game ,  very nice

markc

Yes it one of mine that i brought of Mark a while ago. Wasn't to happy with Stern for how they treated the pinball collector at all, and thus have not brought another one since.Was happy with the service from Mark.
It a good game in my opion and i rate it higher than Ironman.Artwork and sound are good and the best part of it is the backglass being in 3d.All new pinball machines should come with a 3d backglass as standard. Haven't really play it that much but do still like it.

Not sure what the differenced between the two models are as have not unpacked my LE yet but hopefully soon. *%*

Craig
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:19:29 PM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Audioenslaved

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »
I played it back at papa a couple of months back and i really didn't enjoy it... It was a MASSIVE drain monster down the middle after the ball came from the pops. So painful. Thus i really didn't go back to it as there were a tonne of machines there to play any ways :)