Author Topic: Wotto got a new game !  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Wotto got a new game !
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:27:13 AM »
So , after nearly a year off pinball due to other commitments( and still really on the hiatus until 2012 ) , I wanted the recent USA trip to re-ignite the pinball 'thing' for me.

I also wanted to try a few games I hadnt played / or hadnt played much and come home to buy 'something'
I didnt want to spend a sh*tload of cash but felt like adding another DMD game to my collection.

In the US Tony put me onto this game and I instantly liked it, the way it 'felt and played, the shots and the artwork and colours, coming home and realising I could grab one for the $$ I wanted to spend I decided to buy one - it arrived tonight - I JUST got it home and I mean by like 2 minutes, in the ute before it P*SSED DOWN in Wollongong

Now I know the theme isnt everyones cup of tea but the game plays real nice and has some tough shots and quite a bit to do throughout the game along with 4 general multiball modes and a 4 ball final multiball mode...... I am happy with it in my line up

More pics soon
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Wotto got a new game !
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:58 AM »
Always a buzz adding another title.   Never played a monopoly before if you like it it must be good.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »

Looks good mate. I can't say I recall playing this title. Are you going to install LEDs / Mods ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
Congrats on the new title.
I have always been intrigued by this game, it looks like a lot of fun to play.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »
Thanks Guys

Game is a lot of fun with some difficult shots to the top centre ramp that is concealed behind the bank door ( kind of think like The Crate in SS but instead of the ball going into the crate Monopoly ‘reveals’ the entrance to a ramp shot ) , if you read the instructions on this game and realise Pat Lawlor designed it then you will see some great rules and shot combinations.

Nino- tried some LED’s last night – unsure – might leave this one as is – OR be very selective with the LED usage.

The only thing I HATE about the Stern games is the ‘pop’ noise – sounds like a bloody door wedged tight that you finally pry open – it is damn AWFUL and hard on the ears.
** Can this be turned off?? **
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
I have played one of these Monoply's before and I liked it. Its not an easy game, and makes u think. The artwork on both the playfield and the cabinet/translite is stunning.

The audio is very Monopoly which is great. I love the unusual additional flipper that turns 360 percent like the second hand of a watch.  Its a very different touch.
Your machine looks very nice, and i dont even think it needs LED's cause when i played one, the inserts were large and clear and the game when clean didnt even need LEDs.

Wotto,
I reckon find an old Monopoly Board, and use it as a really neat custom topper. What u could do, is make a small string of bulbs with holders (just like the G.I lights behind the translite) and join the small string of lights into the backbox G.I lights. Drill a few holes in the monopoly board, and place/glue the gi lights under some hotels n houses and the pieces that come in the monopoly set. That way, u could have a custop topper that lights up and looks way cool, for a very small cost.  ^^^ (if its something u wanted, but didnt know how to do, Beaky and I could try n make one for you and post it down as a xmas pressy) I am sure Andy would help us out.

yes, u can disconnect the coil for the popper if u want.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:28:24 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:12 AM »
yes, u can disconnect the coil for the popper if u want.

Stern's have a 'simulated' knock, which is a loud, distorted 'POP' through the speakers. There is no knocker assembly or coil to disconnect.

Pinball life at one stage did a run of knocker kits to suit machines from Striker Xtreme through to The Soprano's. Monopoly sits somewhere in between.

There is a kit on ebay US at the moment; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stern-Pinball-Knocker-Adapter-Kit-/360370278520#vi-desc

From RGP:
There is an adaptor box in the kit that connects to where your coin
meter would connect in the games body. There are settings in the
software of the game so you can let it know a real knocker is
installed. You also disable the fake knocker (and give your speakers a
break!) in the software.

It also connects to the knocker mechanism and to a power source in the
game.

The coin meter output is too low and not powerful enough to effectively
drive a solenoid, or to drive it in a way that does not risk damaging
your machine WITHOUT some sort of adaptor.

The adaptor box eliminates this problem by taking the load of the coil
off the driver board's "low level" output.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:03:29 AM »
OK, good to know even the oldewr Stern's have the fake knock as well. no wonder he wants to disconnect it.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
Congrats mate, looks in very nice condition.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »
Hey Cavey

You must have missed some of my posts about toppers
Just to clarify ......I F*CKIN HATE PINBALL TOPPERS  ^.^ ^.^ :lol ^.^ ^.^

So thanks for the thoughts but it won’t be happening in my house , besides my old Monopoly board is torn in half from when I lost a game to the kids
Geeeeez I have a bad temper – need a chill pill  && #@# &&
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
thats a classic. ok, no toppers for wotto. lol  %.% %.%  one less dust collector !  %.%

ok, got another idea for a monopoly topper. photo copy all the different paper money to 4 times the size then make a money fan for a topper. NO, dont like toppers, ok.

someone else might use these non-brilliant ideas.  @.@ %.% %.%
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:22:52 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Audioenslaved

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:37 AM »
Congrats I love Monopoly the board game but in the short time i did play the pinnie it wasn't an instant love :( I'll have to give this one another shot though

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »
Good pick up Wotto,game looks neat and tidy.Never play one myself but have heard it not to bad.

If you ever need to replace the playfield let me no as have 2 nos.(Ebay and alcohol dont mix)
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Hey Cavey

Yeah - the little flipper gets bagged a bit BUT I REALLY like it as it adds some 'unknown; to the game in a small way.

It is the SKILL SHOT in the game  - the plunge has basically 3 choices , a light plunge to drop back into this area where the small flipper rotates, a strnger shot will get you into the 'Roll and Collect ' saucer up top on right to move your token on the board, and a strong plunge will get you around to the ABC rolover lanes.

The little flipper also creates a bit of a hazard at times which makes the ball a little more unpredictable, last night the ball was rolling down from the upper right of the playfield and I had a shot 'in mind' for when the ball got to my right flipper, on the way down it got slightly nudged by the rear of the small rotating flipper and sent to me left flipper instead.

It also reverses and runs in both directions based on 'something' ( yet for me to determine properly ) in the game.

I also discovered a cool shot into a hidden saucer that you make from the right mid upper flipper into the 'Electric Company' saucer that is hidden from view ( similar shot to that shot on TZ into 'The Camera?? hole under the TZ mini PF ) except that you cant see the shot in Monopoly.

At the top of the game there is The Bank and its door is closed for 4 shots, it then opens to reveal the entrance to another ramp which is needed for certain modes.

The animation is mostly good as is the speech, the Extra Ball animation is very cool  ^^^

I am sure I will discover more and more about this game over the next few weeks.

Did I mention that I loathe toppers  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
You know what it needs wotto maybe a monopoly man topper  !*!