Author Topic: Fish Tales ... is it any good?  (Read 401 times)

Offline pinmadd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Fish Tales ... is it any good?
« on: November 18, 2011, 05:41:30 AM »
Well I have bought a Fishy, (to be pickd up)  I seem to be hot & cold with this title  %.%

How do you guy rate it   ()

Thanks

Mike

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Fish Tales ... is it any good?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:55:08 AM »
I got bored of it very quickly

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
I used to operate one and disliked it, mainly because of the fishing theme - I dislike fishing and this machine just seems "Bogan based" to me???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:15 AM »
Hi,

Well FT ? the shot selection is limited and no real toys on the playfield, but for what it is, its fast, any jackpot is difficult, shots need to be accurate or its a drain monster ! much better than alot of other titles but not in the league of MB,TZ,MM etc..etc..hence the price you can pick one up for. The one ive got was restored by Hotroddedpins (tm) so it plays a dream and so fast and heaps better than new, i think its the only way you will enjoy a fishtales nowdays, and that is to restore it so it plays as it was intended to - fast. Fishtales not the best, but, you could do a hell of alot worse.
Since69

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:18 AM »

Fishtales is a family game. It appeals to kids - maybe because of the topper - I'm not sure. A restored Fishtales is GREAT fun to play, and unlike many titles, you don't have to be "in the mood" - you can just start a game and start flipping. Bang for Buck - there is no better title. I think it is a great theme, has some humor about it and is a game you don't really become too competitive about - it is a "fun" title.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
Well done on new purchase-I had one couldn't really get into it and have since sold it but if one came along I'd give it another go!! FT and WCS94 are two machines I probally should have kept.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »
Along with wh20 has one of the toughest EB shots in pinball.
Not a bad game at all for mine, I can think of worse and better titles but fishys is always a fun game to play... I agree with the bang for your buck call too.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »
It is interesting to see the different opinions so far.   I will throw my two cents worth in.   I saw a Fishtales for the first time ever, apx 3 yrs ago. I walked into a building and saw a FISHTALES that had just been fully re-decalled the day before and had also been fully shopped, making the pinball machine like new.  

My first reaction was that "only fishermen" would like that style/look of pinball machine, and that the pinball marketing people must have designed a pinball machine to specifically appeal to people who like fishing. (I hate fishing). The owner of the pinball company told me that they had made 11,000 or 13,000 or something like that apx, and that he had orders for 7 more that he was doing up. He turned the machine on, and said have a game. The lightshow on the playfield was way cool with the reds n greens etc, and the dot-matrix display and audio was excellent.

I went and bought one. I love it. It is alot of fun. The topper is way cool, and the game and missions are excellent. Whenever u see a FISHTALES for sale, it sells very quickly and at good money.  **To appreciate this game, you have to fully re-decal the machine (which I did) and make sure the playfield has been stripped, and cleaned and polished/waxed, with all new rubbers n globes added etc. With the machine fully shopped, the playfield colours n lightshow will impress anyone. A keeper for me.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
good fun game FT, always had a soft spot for it.

Had one for a couple of years and it was one of the most played pins.
Not sure it would get the same love now... will have to get another to
find out 

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
FT is an awesome game. Along with WW, the best bang for your buck pins available.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
I certainly wouldn't mind one - now this is one I am pretty sure I have played on site somewhere in the distant past, and I enjoyed it then; have played it since occasionally and have enjoyed it as well.

It's probably a bit like Getaway HSII in that the gameplay is fairly simple but quick. Your reactions had better be good and your shooting had better be accurate or you will lose the ball pretty fast.

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 06:44:05 AM »
Thanks everyone  ^^^ 

Well FT is home now,played a few games yesterday, 1 mate liked it, 1 mate not so sure  %.%  , It's growing on me   #@#  starting to like the music now  %.%    I seem to struggle with pin's that have lightning bolt flippers   *)*

Pic's soon

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
FT is by far one of my least liked pins.. find the whole game play irritating... and that bloody music.. god that bloody music!.. Absolutely HATE this title... many rave about it and even after some 20 years, i fail to see any attraction at all to this title.

Fish Tales.... BLECH!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
Thanks everyone  ^^^ 

Well FT is home now,played a few games yesterday, 1 mate liked it, 1 mate not so sure  %.%  , It's growing on me   #@#  starting to like the music now  %.%    I seem to struggle with pin's that have lightning bolt flippers   *)*

Pic's soon

FT is one of thoses titles you either love or hate, its generally popular with kids/families, I don't mid it, the double ramp in the centre of the playfield is cool, this is a title my wife has always enjoyed.

Congrats on the purchase mike, with indy 500 + fishies purchased recently you must be running out of room?? hey how did your show weekend pinball party go? any pics?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
I have tried to get into FT, put a fair bit of time into it on site but I just dont enjoy it.  Maybe I just need to spend some time on a fully restored one, I don't know, I just cant get into it  !@#