Author Topic: AN EXCELLENT READ ! GREAT PHOTOS AS WELL  (Read 514 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
AN EXCELLENT READ ! GREAT PHOTOS AS WELL
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:41:22 PM »
Check out this link below !

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2011/index3.html

Makes me want to visit STERN, buy some new titles like Avatar and Transformers. Thers a great link for Leon(V8racefan) right down the bottom with a redesigned Stern Grand Prix. The artwork on that redesigned machine looks amazing for a Grand Prix.
Also, there is an interesting photo of a NBA made in China with all boards under the playfield. Also, it was interesting to see all the decals scrunched up when they didnt go on the Transformers cabinet properly. Lots of good stuff in this link.

Also, I found it interesting that the PRO version of the current STERN games were designed to make ball times "shorter with more randomness", which means to me, the PRO version would be a harder game to play. Does that mean the LE version is a easier game to play that is not as challenging ? Interesting. Check out the link from this great site.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AN EXCELLENT READ ! GREAT PHOTOS AS WELL
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
In most cases it means the LE's just have more toys..to get more $$$ for stern guy to keep him warm at night...in TF ther is an extra shot on the LE...but big fooking whoop.
This is either a nice touch or a joke on pro buyers depending on your view but still doesn't alter the fact that the majority of stern pins are absolute turds.
If you want one buy spidey..stern have not made a better pin than this and if it was a williams/bally it would be top 5 all day...avatar is just wrong...dances with wolves in space with a wooden eared crappy script becomes a pinball.... (((
If you have to buy one don't pay more than 4k...it aint worth more than 4k.....gameworx has 2 or 3 of these anchors comming in next month.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:43:52 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »

The Stern tour is on my Bucket List. Hopefully they are still going strong by the time I get my ass in gear. I think Ironman is as good as Spiderman, if not better. If I was going to own a NIB Stern, it would have been Ironman.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »
Ironman is a solid game and one of the better sterns...good fun...would have been better with some acdc in the soundtrack though.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »
Stern have made a couple of games that would crack the WMS A list - LotR and TSSP come to mind, with SM in that league as well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
Yeah, factory tour looks like an interesting trip. Free Avatar toy: don't know why but it reminds me of the Jar Jar Binks toys from SWEP1 that MarkC is still trying to get rid of!

I have played LOTR and enjoyed it, to me it was a very good pin.

I have played POTC and enjoyed it more, probably the theme was more attractive. Ball times can be very long on both these machines.

Haven't had a chance to put any decent time into the newer titles but have had a quick bash on CSI, BBH and NBA and they seemed reasonable machines in the short time I had to assess them, with probably BBH the least engaging title theme-wise.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »
Ironman is a solid game and one of the better sterns...good fun...would have been better with some acdc in the soundtrack though.

Deliberately left out because they knew that an AC / DC Pin was on the drawing board ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »

Deliberately left out because they knew that an AC / DC Pin was on the drawing board ?

Yeah, I think your spot on there.