Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22356 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Yep, I have found those sort of organisers or similar to be very handy.

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Good gravy!

Mr Caveman et al are doing some cool things with LEDs.
Although I'm another one who doesn't subscribe to total changeouts (I reckon the light shows can get a little overwhelming/distracting if the LEDs aren't used judiciously) but of course it's all a matter of preference.
Beware, there is such a thing as LED poisoning . . .  #@#
Wish I had the coin to have trayloads of them on hand in those neato containers.

PP
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I probably have another few thousand Leds in the large box at least. All different colours.

I just put another order thru for another 2,000 Leds. Doing it this way, u end up being able to led a entire machine for around the $20 to $30 figure.
Remember, I had to buy in bulk so I can do over 35 machines with Leds.  

I am going to upload the videos I made of the various machines I have changed over to Leds etc if it kills me. I have almost worked out the Canon software for the new video camera.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:47:27 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Loading 3 x videos now.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles converted to LEDs first. Massive difference cause if it was the std bulbs still, u wouldnt even see half of the colour u can see now.
(no audio on the video)  Next Video will be Gilligans.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Gilligans video is next/loaded on here.  I was short one green LED to the left palm tree insert which has since been done. I hadnt placed the treasure sticker back over the treasure chest insert which is why it is so bright. Fixed since.  LEDs made a massive difference to this game, best results ever. (no audio on the video).

Next video is Congo.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Next video added here is for Congo. Massive difference. Made the game even better with Leds. (No audio on video)

Next video is for Independence Day. Huge differennce again.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Thanks for posting the videos. CONGO is a nice looking pin.

Offline wizo

• Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
The machines look great Brett, well done!!!  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Awesome stuff LED's have really change pinball for the better they really brighten up the playfied thanks for posting.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am 99 percent finished doing all the Led's on INDEPENDENCE DAY. Bit of a journey this one. It threw some challenges up at me. But it looks friggin good.  ^^^

YES, some machines are a real PAIN IN THE ASS to do underplayfield LEDS on. This is one of them.  ^.^  After a few hours of constantly doing LED's, I feel stuffed. It takes its toll on you. Fidly bastard of a job. I broke a 555 holder poorly soldered onto a small light board. i will fix it tomorrow, then I am done.

I bought a whack of LEDs thinking it would be something relaxing to do when I take some time off over Xmas, after tonight, I feel like Valium. It just goes to show, some designers put some things in really really stupid positions, making the simplest of tasks, like changing out a few lousy bulbs almost impossible. I have got to take a friggin under playfield ramp off  just to get to the last 3 or 4 bulbs.  ^.^

In my sleep tonight, I will curse the designer of this game. Should be able to take a video this next few days of the finished machine. It does look great, but it is age-ing me these bloody LEDs. I wont give up til i conquer the fleet. (got to test some snazzy colour changing ones I just got, Whooo Hooo).  :D

My next decision, which machine next. Maybe Godzilla. A very cool game. The green ramps on this machine already look sick. LEDs shld make this baby look amazing. OR shld i just bite the bullet and do POPEYE which I promised the kids I would do next. and YES, POPEYE is a friggin great game contrary to most people NOT having a clue and realising this is a WILLIAMS widebody that is brilliant.  *%* *%*  Time for bed.  @.@ <..>
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:16:54 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Thanks for the videos Brett. The Leds look great  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
great work mate  ^^^

the turtles looks amazing
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
I wanna see the twister video!! <..>

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Ok Pete, TWISTER PINBALL VIDEO will be added just after INDEPENDENCE DAY is loaded .   ^^^

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
wow!
nicely done brett!!