Author Topic: New Project in the house - ummmm anyone got a playfield ?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
New Project in the house - ummmm anyone got a playfield ?
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
Hey all

Still on my restore 'rest' due to the landscaping - thats NEARLY done.
You will understand why I needed a year off EVERYTHING when I put some B4 and after pics of the yard up in around January.
In the meantime I have been quietly on the search for a game or two to restore next year.

I have my Joker Poker to do the full job on ( any word on those stencils Gav ? )
And today I very cautiously grabbed this rare title.
The BG is great, the cabinet is decent/ good.
The playfield is , well, just fairly rooted  %.%

These come along rarely and I , well I just HAD to grab it - regardless of condition.
Now all I can do is HOPE I can find a playfield and other bits somewhere, someday.

Looks OK so far hey guys.........well just wait a minute....

This is probably the ONLY game I have ever bought not knowing if I will be able to get parts - to me , and the way I get my games it is a risk, BUT its a worthy title so I figured why the hell not  !@#

More later  ^^^

DW Drums rule !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Wouldn't a bottle of Nifty fix all that up?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Apparently for some   :lol and a rag  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Wow, that game from the States really left an impression on you. I am sure you will find a way to shop this game out and be a keeper.

At least you could do up the rest of the game and get the playfield up and playing (de-bugged) ready for a replacement someday and enjoy in the meantime.

Have fun with it.

Did you buy it in Aus or from OS?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great title there Wotto, hope you get that playfield sorted.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
If ya paid small bux for it, its a worthy project.

I reckon strip it right back to a bare playfield and seriously buy a top quality airbrush kit and learn yourself (thats what i am aiming to do).
If anything Wotto, you have nothing to lose by practicing on other bits of wood, then once u are okay with the airbrush, give that playfield ago.

Either way mate, I love ya passion, and I reckon determination will get u there in the end. More challenge, more fun when you win in the end. Keep us updated.  ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:33:16 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Good to see you found one. I am sure that you will work something out with the playfield. Never know, there maybe NOS playfields lying around.

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Good luck getting this nice... infact i believe there is more than luck needed but anyway it looks like would be a wonderfull addition to your collection... in GOOD quality %.% %$%
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I have my Joker Poker to do the full job on ( any word on those stencils Gav ? )

I hear ya mate... but im literally pulling my hair out trying to get jobs done before middle Dec for the sign business...

All stencils will be with those who want them before Xmas... but i have to get this work out of the way first..
\
... bear with me.. they are coming!!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Wotto - Don't let the condition detract from the possibility here. I've never seen you baulk at a challenge. This is an "A list Bally", and I'm glad you have it. Take your time and consider having the playfield professionally restored and clearcoated. Trust me mate - it is worth it and if someone can do the touch ups, it will be worth any extra $.

An awesome and rare title. Well done mate  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I hear ya mate... but im literally pulling my hair out trying to get jobs done before middle Dec for the sign business...

All stencils will be with those who want them before Xmas... but i have to get this work out of the way first..
\

I assume mine are on the list Gav too then?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

\

I assume mine are on the list Gav too then?

Pretty sure thats what it says above Nick

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
I have a t2 that I restored, but left the beat, old, ratty playfield in, it could be the cousin to your Embryon! Worse case, make it play great but look ugly. It's worthy!

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Shame about the playfield but that backglass looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing. ^^^