Author Topic: Stern - RBION  (Read 454 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Stern - RBION
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
Does anyone have a Ripley's Believe It Or Not or has played a decent amount of games on this machine?

I'd be interested to hear anything about it - good or bad.
Addicted to pins.

Offline mildflame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
Re: Stern - RBION
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
I have played a game or two in a ripleys and found it too easy but it is proberly set on easy mode. so i cant really tell you anything, sorry
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
I don't own one but I have played one heaps of times...a sited machine though in shite condition..it's at a holiday park on the gold coast that we stay most sept holidays.
It is a dud player imo,I know sterns don't have a good rap for feel but this one really is a pin that feels cheap and nasty...might have been the condition of the pin but I doubt it...I wouldn't own one...but as usual I can't walk past a sited pin without wacking a buck or two in...I have spent a few $$ in this one and when your away from your own pins...any port in the storm i guess.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »
Does anyone have a Ripley's Believe It Or Not or has played a decent amount of games on this machine?

I'd be interested to hear anything about it - good or bad.

Played one about 1.5yrs ago.  Did not really do it for me.  CSI on the other hand is quite good fun and challenging.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
I have played one and enjoyed it. The one I played was in Excellent condition, and had recently been fully top playfield stripped, and had the Treasure Cove treatment etc with new balls etc installed. It played fast. In great condition, it is a fun game. Its a bit different, I read an article by the designer saying that he designed it to be Stern's attempt at a modern version of Twilight Zone in a slim body. ! Interesting game. Very Unique. I think its a winner really when u look at the Twilight Zone tie in.

They usually sell for $3500 to $4500 which is good money, but not many people know much about them and u do not see many around, so sometimes they fetch good money. I have previously looked at all the parts suppliers, and u can get quite a few parts for the machine incl translites easy. If u can buy it for the right price, give it a go. (u can always flog it to me Blair later if u dont like it.lol). I wouldnt mind one cause it is so different. (listen to the audio on the video below, at the very start it says " Its time to visit Australia", then you see a Boomerang being thrown by someone !)  Maybe that is a good omen for you Blair !

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:13:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
One on ebay at the moment for under $3 G.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
One on ebay at the moment for under $3 G.

3k machine top imo.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »
I have played one and enjoyed it. The one I played was in Excellent condition, and had recently been fully top playfield stripped, and had the Treasure Cove treatment etc with new balls etc installed. It played fast. In great condition, it is a fun game. Its a bit different, I read an article by the designer saying that he designed it to be Stern's attempt at a modern version of Twilight Zone in a slim body. ! Interesting game. Very Unique. I think its a winner really when u look at the Twilight Zone tie in.

would have to agree with Brett on this one
this is a good playing game probably suffers from the (crap) theme.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Hi Blair,

Mate here's a very nice Ripleys lol

Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »
Well done mate, looks like a quick clean and it should be all good.   #@#

How does it play?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »
santa has dropped off a huge present early huh !

well done. excellent title. plenty of missions and lots of depth. heaps to do. the dot matrix displays are really cool for sure. fun machine

looks great without LEDs, will look AMAZING with LEDs. well done Pete, great machine to a great member.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »
Well done mate, looks like a quick clean and it should be all good.   #@#

How does it play?

It plays awesome blair and very fast-I've never seen a machine with so many inserts, theres heaps to shot for and has some awesome sounds. I replaced a few globes gave it a quick clean with novus and it plays even faster so all good she will turn out to be a really nice pinball for someone  #@# *)*

Peter
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:32:42 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »
Does anyone know of a sited RBION in VIC?

Would like to have a go of one.  *%*

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
Just a quick update on RBION.

I picked up the machine off Peter the other day.  The first couple of games I had no idea what I was doing or shooting for but as I have learnt the rules I am enjoying the machine more and more.  It plays much better than I expected it would being a reasonably modern Stern machine.  I can honestly say it feel just as solid as a Williams machine and can be lightning fast at times as well.

Thanks very much to Peter for picking up the machine for me and baby sitting it for a week or so.
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »
Just a quick update on RBION.

I picked up the machine off Peter the other day.  The first couple of games I had no idea what I was doing or shooting for but as I have learnt the rules I am enjoying the machine more and more.  It plays much better than I expected it would being a reasonably modern Stern machine.  I can honestly say it feel just as solid as a Williams machine and can be lightning fast at times as well.

Thanks very much to Peter for picking up the machine for me and baby sitting it for a week or so.

Pleasure mate glad your enjoying it and yeah it is a solid and fast game I really enjoyed it

Peter