Author Topic: Thoughts and price on Stern Ironman pro  (Read 546 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thoughts and price on Stern Ironman pro
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
I am unsure about this game, I have played it a few times at Timezone cavill when it was sited there and I could hardly hear it enough to get right into it.
This combined with some very short ball times( the game is fast..or was set up fast and I really enjoyed that!) and not enough time to play...( missus and kids in tow)..left me scratching my head a bit. I went back to play it a few months later for an extended session and it was gone.
The pin sure looks great and it felt nice for a stern, it seemed like something I could get into.
I have had a look at the youtube vids..they have provided some answers on sound but when you are not there playing it...just not the same for mine.
I would like some thoughts from any members who might own this title or have played it heaps.
Is the ruleset deep?
Is it a good machine for a small collection( 2-4)?
Longevity of enjoyment?
Price of course..2nd hand pro in vn condition?
etc etc...

Cheers

CC
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
Re: Thoughts and price on Stern Ironman pro
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
shit daz!
when i read abt you thinking abt moving yr machines:i thought -no, not the newies!!!
but mate: you gotta do!!!(what you gotta do.)

i will look fwd to (new machine)   of course!

merry chrissy matey! (is that too early?)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
shit daz!
when i read abt you thinking abt moving yr machines:i thought -no, not the newies!!!
but mate: you gotta do!!!(what you gotta do.)

i will look fwd to (new machine)   of course!

merry chrissy matey! (is that too early?)

lol,craig.
always thinkin about moving them on mate....no such thing as  a keeper for me...yet anyway, that might change....besides it's the best way for me to get loads of different titles thorugh the door to play...I can't envisage a lineup bigger than 4 for me..so this insanity makes sense to me.....if that makes sense...lol. There will be a new addition to the collection around xmas if all goes well.

Offline carnut

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »
makes perfect sense when you put it like that.
i best check ipbd for the above.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:16:35 PM by carnut »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »

I have not really liked the late model Sterns - my favorite is Terminator 3, but Ironman blew me away. I had the pleasure of playing Greg's game while it was fresh out of the box and I had a massive smile on my face. If I was ever going to own a NIB Stern - this was the title. I think it plays better than Spiderman - and I did enjoy that game as well.

Good thing is - Stern have lifted their game. Transformers looks awesome and AC / DC will be a massive hit for them. I think Iroman would be a wise choice then upgrade to AC / DC (if you like the band of course).
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:31:46 AM »
I have an Ironman, I love it

it does not have a deep rule set, and it needs to be set up just right, otherwise it is a drain monster

But it is fast and fun

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »
What about if this was your only title?
There is a very good chance I may go to just one pinball and I am scratching my head trying to pick just one.
It was going to be Transformers but I found the pro version pretty so/so when I played it but I have heard from a couple of people who have bought a standard le that it is fantastic and well worth the $$$...... ^&^
I have owned wh20,cftbl,drwho,judge dredd,f-14 tomcat,spiderman( stern),revenge from mars,junkyard and would be looking for something different...maybe spidey again.
I know it is hard to narrow a selection down to just one but are there any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:38:01 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 09:42:09 AM »

If I could have only one DMD - it would be Cirqus Voltaire. Close second would be Scared Stiff. I love these tho titles.

CVs are hard to come by these days, and for the money you spend buying one, you could have a Spiderman / Ironman.

Scared Stiff for around $4000 - $4500 represents good value.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:35 AM »

If I could have only one DMD - it would be Cirqus Voltaire. Close second would be Scared Stiff. I love these tho titles.

CVs are hard to come by these days, and for the money you spend buying one, you could have a Spiderman / Ironman.

Scared Stiff for around $4000 - $4500 represents good value.

I love CV as well...it would be around 6k tops these days wouldn't it? Last one I saw sold in brissie a few months ago went for 5.8k and it was minty.
You wouldn't get a spidey and iron for 6k...or have cv's gone through the roof? SS is fun but not really for me as a long termer.
I really don't want to spend more than 6k if I can avoid it, thats why I baulked at the price tag on tf le....too pricey for me.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 10:04:52 AM »
CV has hit the $6000 pricetag for a restored game - if not slightly more. They are hard to track down. Three years ago they were easy to source and changed hands regularly.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
CV has hit the $6000 pricetag for a restored game - if not slightly more. They are hard to track down. Three years ago they were easy to source and changed hands regularly.

I wanted to grab the cv that sold in brissie in my last post...sorted the $$$ out with the finance minister and went to hit the bin...it was gone, the listing had not even lasted half a day....I was bummed out about that.
Quick and the dead I guess.
Maybe another might come up soon...

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
I love CV as well...it would be around 6k tops these days wouldn't it? Last one I saw sold in brissie a few months ago went for 5.8k and it was minty.
You wouldn't get a spidey and iron for 6k...or have cv's gone through the roof? SS is fun but not really for me as a long termer.
I really don't want to spend more than 6k if I can avoid it, thats why I baulked at the price tag on tf le....too pricey for me.

Got a Iron Man and Avatar and i would take Iron man first.Both brought brand new and played maybe forty times and living in a smoke free environment.The only problem i got was some rusty flaps on iron man which have been re blued and look new again.
Iron man $5800.00 plus freight ($200-$250??)
Avatar $5800.00 plus freight     ($200-$250??)

Can box back into a Stern box and help with shipping if required.

Craig
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:12:44 PM by wonder »
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »

Got a Iron Man and Avatar and i would take Iron man first.Both brought brand new and played maybe forty times and living in a smoke free environment.The only problem i got was some rusty flaps on iron man which have been re blued and look new again.
Iron man $5800.00 plus freight ($200-$250??)
Avatar $5800.00 plus freight     ($200-$250??)

Can box back into a Stern box and help with shipping if required.

Craig
[/quote]

Thanks craig I will keep that in mind mate...there are 3 ironmans comming to gameworx in brissie next week...these will be ex sited pins I'm sure but they are supposed to be in excellent conditon at 5k...the last stern I bought off them( spidey) was like this and in great condition. I would prefer one locally if possible at around the 5k mark but will pm you if I can't find anything local.

Daz

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »
I have owned wh20,cftbl,drwho,judge dredd,f-14 tomcat,spiderman( stern),revenge from mars,junkyard and would be looking for something different...maybe spidey again.

Would you own any of the Bally/Williams again?

I would count both Spiderman and white water in the top 5 games I own

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »

Would you own any of the Bally/Williams again?

I would count both Spiderman and white water in the top 5 games I own

Yeah I would grab another wh20....I have had 2 of them in the last 18 months or so...the last one was a aus delivered beauty that in retorospect I shouldn't have let go but the guy that bought it offered me a price I could'nt refuse at the time.
Spiderman is best game I have owned and prob thhe best game I have ever played...another one I regret letting go of....o well.